R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2004, 12:37 PM   #10516
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,177
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Hey, get back in line! I was his friend first.....ehm, oops wrong guy

But seriously, Profoxcg, good luck with your new car when you get it - hope things work out for you with it and don't forget us should you want to return

@Marcos: how did you race go last weekend?

Cheers, Mark.
it went ok i hadnt raced for over 2 months and i was trying to get back into the grove. I'm now using Monotuning Tires and they are awesome ,excellent wear and grip and the best part NO CHUNKING!!! I gave my friend a set to try out and he couldnt believe it. In the main i was running in second but had a incident with a slower driver tried to avoid him but made contact anyway It pulled my rear pivotball out of the lower arm and was out for the remainder. I was mainly there to test out different compounds of monotuning tires and i tried different set ups on the car trying to get it dialed for the region 4 race in June. I guess i better have better luck next time
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:53 PM   #10517
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: ball diff

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennCauley
Master, eh?

I guess my S710 would be "My Precious"...
Indubitably, Master
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:55 PM   #10518
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

WOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!!! Now that's a nice body!!!! Looks better than the real thing Is the scheme based on a real colour scheme?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:57 PM   #10519
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,177
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
WOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!!! Now that's a nice body!!!! Looks better than the real thing Is the scheme based on a real colour scheme?
exellent Glenn!!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:01 PM   #10520
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
it went ok i hadnt raced for over 2 months and i was trying to get back into the grove. I'm now using Monotuning Tires and they are awesome ,excellent wear and grip and the best part NO CHUNKING!!! I gave my friend a set to try out and he couldnt believe it. In the main i was running in second but had a incident with a slower driver tried to avoid him but made contact anyway It pulled my rear pivotball out of the lower arm and was out for the remainder. I was mainly there to test out different compounds of monotuning tires and i tried different set ups on the car trying to get it dialed for the region 4 race in June. I guess i better have better luck next time
Too bad
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:02 PM   #10521
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,177
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Too bad
i know , will do better next time
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:55 PM   #10522
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
WOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!!! Now that's a nice body!!!! Looks better than the real thing Is the scheme based on a real colour scheme?
Thank you.

Yes, it's based on a real colour scheme.
I have a 1:18 die-cast McLaren with that paint scheme that I've been dying to paint for a long long time. The original car with that paint scheme was an earlier "short-tail" McLaren, so I had to adapt the paint scheme slightly. The decaling is somewhat based on the original "short-tail" car and also a "long-tail" car.

The part that sucks is that the Kyosho decal sheets that I used for the decals and masking are no longer available, so I cannot make this paint scheme again with the proper decaling.

Glad you all like it... it was 'fun' to do.
GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:13 PM   #10523
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Just need to figure out how to setup the iSight camera to record video and then pray that no one else is at the track - probably do it on Monday
That'll be really cool! I can't wait!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:20 PM   #10524
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennCauley
Thank you.

Yes, it's based on a real colour scheme.
I have a 1:18 die-cast McLaren with that paint scheme that I've been dying to paint for a long long time. The original car with that paint scheme was an earlier "short-tail" McLaren, so I had to adapt the paint scheme slightly. The decaling is somewhat based on the original "short-tail" car and also a "long-tail" car.

The part that sucks is that the Kyosho decal sheets that I used for the decals and masking are no longer available, so I cannot make this paint scheme again with the proper decaling.

Glad you all like it... it was 'fun' to do.
I can imagine how much "fun" I would have doing that

Regarding the decals - this is a really long-shot, but http://www.grandprixmodels.co.uk/ deal a lot with rare models - perhaps they would be able to help locate 1/10th scale decals of the nature you require.
They only deal with precise scale display models, but these guys know their business and if there are some decals around they'd know - I wouldn't mention cars like Serpent or Kyosho, it'd probably confuse the hell out of them
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:20 PM   #10525
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
That'll be really cool! I can't wait!
I't be interesting if what I plan comes off
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:36 PM   #10526
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I't be interesting if what I plan comes off
Well, one can only plan ... although the forecast for Nurnberg does not look that good. Let's hope the silly program on my site is wrong!

I'm also interested to hear about the i-Sight though.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #10527
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Well, one can only plan ... although the forecast for Nurnberg does not look that good. Let's hope the silly program on my site is wrong!

I'm also interested to hear about the i-Sight though.
Local weather forcast seems to indicate ok until Thursday - club race on that day

The iSight camera is absolutely beautiful!!!! and the picture quality is very good, too. My old iBook is not quite upto the task of providing a good frame rate thoug I really need a new Powerbook
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:20 PM   #10528
Tech Adept
 
cox049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 170
Default Re: McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Awesome Glenn!! great detail, I love that car!
cox049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:40 PM   #10529
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: ball diff

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Master Glenn Cauley has a great article about rebuilding the diff - in his instructions, he suggests using Mugen Super Grease. I followed his instructions and am very happy

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=9580&ccid=9
Oh why thank you for the tip Master Mark !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:41 PM   #10530
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Bunch of Mugen guys giving some very nice commments and grunts at my 710 today They loved the way it looked around the circuit
Hey Mark, don't show it off too much to them ! You know what I mean...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:47 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net