Serpent 710

Reply

Old 05-13-2004, 04:31 AM
  #10366  
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default

Originally posted by BaxterC
Thank you Julius, I know what you mean.
Anyone know when the new rims are coming out? I think my car will look better with em on...
BaxterC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:48 AM
  #10367  
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Re: Tires

Originally posted by InitialD
Hey, if you can, bring in ZAC Project tires.
Give me a link, and I'll check them out.
PSI Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:51 AM
  #10368  
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Re: Re: Tires

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i told him MONOTUNING
I already spoke with Aaron.
I'm waiting on a dealer packet.
A lot of the local hobby stores are already carrying them.
I'll try and carry them anyways.
PSI Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:57 AM
  #10369  
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tires

Originally posted by InitialD
Sato/Monotuning tires are good. Another brand which he can bring in which I think is lacking in US is Speedmind dishwheel foam tires. Their rubber is the same as Sato/Monotuning except for the dishwheel. So you know what you get.
Speedmind is being distributed by Magma International Ltd., right?
I'm supposed to call them back tomorrow.
How are their tires by the way?
PSI Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:59 AM
  #10370  
Tech Regular
 
rwisejr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Central Islip NY
Posts: 365
Wink

Originally posted by hudy
i think that all the snakes will get tamed by the new v one rrr

As we say in snakeland bring'em on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rwisejr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:01 AM
  #10371  
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default

Originally posted by cyba888
What does the newest batch of 710 have i compared to the older ones? The last time I remember when I bought my 2nd 710 was that the fuel tank had a internal filter and thicker shock towers. Im not sure but are there any other newer parts that are currently out that I might not know about?
They are supposed to have the new rear shock tower, new rear arms, and new bumper plates.
PSI Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:05 AM
  #10372  
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default

Originally posted by InitialD
OS carbs? Why? I think they are they smallest carbs. Not enough for Nova based engines.

STS carbs are close to ideal because STS engines work about the same as Nova engines. But one thing I found about STS carbs are that they are composite and not aluminum like Nova.
I hate plastic carbs.
I have 2 Sirios, and those carbs have given me the worst time.
PSI Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:09 AM
  #10373  
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default

Originally posted by hudy
i think that all the snakes will get tamed by the new v one rrr
Maybe you could use your $50 on the V two RRRR when they come out!!!
PSI Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:21 AM
  #10374  
Tech Regular
 
rwisejr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Central Islip NY
Posts: 365
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tires

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Speedmind is being distributed by Magma International Ltd., right?
I'm supposed to call them back tomorrow.
How are their tires by the way?


Speedminds are really good aswell Iwas running them om my impulse pro and loved them.
rwisejr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:22 AM
  #10375  
Tech Regular
 
rwisejr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Central Islip NY
Posts: 365
Talking

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Maybe you could use your $50 on the V two RRRR when they come out!!!

No maybe on how not to talk smack till you learn how to drive.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rwisejr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:49 AM
  #10376  
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Originally posted by GoldFinger
...

If you have a chance to see Surikarn form below, when he is driving (like your picture). You will amaze with his finger, not only fast but seems like he has a positioner and step motor in his finger.
Actually I have a few videos of his fingers at work but I can't post them due to copyright reasons ... the videos are commercial ones. Your description is right about the "step motor" looking inputs though!
Sow&Steady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:10 AM
  #10377  
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Talking 2 Liters already gone!

Another sesion at the track today and now I've put through about 2 liters of fuel through the 710 - the car just seems to get better.
I'm still using the one-way, which in the 705 seemed impossible to drive on my track - although my driving has improved a lot Breaking is really not much of a problem - I still have to be careful not to put too much braking force on, but apart from that, the brakes stop the car nicely.
As long as I drive smoothly, then I see no hint of understeer and I can really "boot-it" coming out of the long left-hander onto the main straight.
The left flick is always tricky, due to the bumps at the entrance, but keeping as far over to the left and keeping the lines smooth make it no problem.

In terms of breaking bits.......ehm...... nothing! I even rolled the car today first time I've really got the fast flick wrong and as normal through there, when something goes wrong, it goes wrong big time But even though the 710 rolled a couple of time, I could drive away from the accident without any damage

Tyre wear is still really great and even - I started with tyres all around 62mm and now I have front 61.2mm and rear 60.8mm - and the runs today where pretty hard and fast. I had to run fast today, as there was also a Kyosho FW-05R on the track but even though I wasn't at 100%, I was able to easily catch and pass him

A couple of pictures to show you what my car looks like now after the 2 liters have been used
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-710_2l.jpg  
markp27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:10 AM
  #10378  
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Default

2nd
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-710_2l2.jpg  
markp27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:12 AM
  #10379  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (201)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 29,116
Trader Rating: 201 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Proficar403
Hey man, if you want to bash the serpent all day, thats fine...just start a new thread. Meanwhile, let us talk about setups, parts, women, and other areas of true interest.

I am becoming annoyed, not just at the repeated comments, but at having to filter out all of the unneccessary posts when reading this thread.
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:31 AM
  #10380  
Tech Master
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 1,008
Default Re: 2 Liters already gone!

Originally posted by markp27
Another sesion at the track today and now I've put through about 2 liters of fuel through the 710 - the car just seems to get better.
I'm still using the one-way, which in the 705 seemed impossible to drive on my track - although my driving has improved a lot Breaking is really not much of a problem - I still have to be careful not to put too much braking force on, but apart from that, the brakes stop the car nicely.
As long as I drive smoothly, then I see no hint of understeer and I can really "boot-it" coming out of the long left-hander onto the main straight.
The left flick is always tricky, due to the bumps at the entrance, but keeping as far over to the left and keeping the lines smooth make it no problem.

In terms of breaking bits.......ehm...... nothing! I even rolled the car today first time I've really got the fast flick wrong and as normal through there, when something goes wrong, it goes wrong big time But even though the 710 rolled a couple of time, I could drive away from the accident without any damage

Tyre wear is still really great and even - I started with tyres all around 62mm and now I have front 61.2mm and rear 60.8mm - and the runs today where pretty hard and fast. I had to run fast today, as there was also a Kyosho FW-05R on the track but even though I wasn't at 100%, I was able to easily catch and pass him

A couple of pictures to show you what my car looks like now after the 2 liters have been used
Good to hear your car is working for you.
I had a close look at the pictures and it seems to me the cooling head is 90 degrees off. The cooling slots in the head meant for airflow over the plug are not aligned front to rear....
Julius is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service