R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-11-2004, 02:27 PM   #2866
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: First Race Update!

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
The problem is that there is no uniform definition on offset. So eventhough different rims claim to be 0 offset they might well differ.

Where is the mark on the hubs
Just in front off the turnbuckle
S710_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 02:38 PM   #2867
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroHead
I didn't think it was meant to be for permanent use... According to the supplement; 1. Assemble the gears and the clutch housing. Use the thin shim between the two gears. Use the supplied pinion gear tools to tighten the gears.
2. Dissassemble the parts again. Clean everything thoroughly and put it together again. Follow this procedure with every new gear you put on. "Once the gears have 'settled' it is not neccessary to do it anymore"

What have the rest of you guys done with the shim...Left it in, or took it out?
It is supposed to stay in! It makes the gears run true, like a sealant. I'm not sure there is a seperate part number. I know it is supplied with every 1st speed pinion though.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 03:24 PM   #2868
Tech Fanatic

good to know! since there is no part No.#
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:36 PM   #2869
Tech Regular

I'm sure those close to Serpent do not want to overstate the case for the 710. But this is a GREAT car.
I just finished 2 days driving it (while breaking in a new engine) on a slightly dusty track with fair traction. Temperature in the mid 60's. My durometer indicated that the kit tires were probably F/R 40/37. The car understeered alot. I didn't have any red springs, so I changed to F/R 40/40, and this helped a little. Then I changed the DRS to the "above" position and there was a noticible lessening of the push in the high speed sweepers, but it was also better in the infield. Then I shortened the position on the anti-roll bar about 2mm, and the car is now nearly dead neutral when it drifts at high speed, with just a little too much front push left. I quit at this point waiting for the red springs, which should be here tomorrow.
In a word, the car is, DRIVABLE!
I sold my two MTX3s at the track today.
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 09:08 PM   #2870
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by clmbia45

I'm sure those close to Serpent do not want to overstate the case for the 710. But this is a GREAT car.
I just finished 2 days driving it (while breaking in a new engine) on a slightly dusty track with fair traction. Temperature in the mid 60's. My durometer indicated that the kit tires were probably F/R 40/37. The car understeered alot. I didn't have any red springs, so I changed to F/R 40/40, and this helped a little. Then I changed the DRS to the "above" position and there was a noticible lessening of the push in the high speed sweepers, but it was also better in the infield. Then I shortened the position on the anti-roll bar about 2mm, and the car is now nearly dead neutral when it drifts at high speed, with just a little too much front push left. I quit at this point waiting for the red springs, which should be here tomorrow.
In a word, the car is, DRIVABLE!
I sold my two MTX3s at the track today.
Sold your Mugens? You TURNCOAT!!! Hahahaaaa ... the 710 is a very nimble car for sure. Heck of a light too. I will still keep my Mugen!
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 09:18 PM   #2871
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Im selling my GS Racing Vision Pro if anyone wants So that i can buy another 710 kit for spare...u know, buying the 2nd full kit is much cheaper that buying spare parts individually.

Sow&Steady: I can't find any digital caliper here in Malaysia which i can order...if any, pls order for me. i apy cash thru interbank transfer
Old 01-11-2004, 10:44 PM   #2872
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jfc_tech

Sow&Steady: I can't find any digital caliper here in Malaysia which i can order...if any, pls order for me. i apy cash thru interbank transfer
JFC, I got mine via eBay

You'll find that PayPal will not allow you to sign up but a lot of the sellers accept money orders. Alternatively sign up with BidPay ... you give them your credit card number and they send the money order to where ever.
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 10:55 PM   #2873
Suspended

Default missing bag 11 of 710

how many people are missing bag of their 710 car?i keep hearing things about how thw whole bag is missing......choco
kenchoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:36 PM   #2874
Tech Master

Default Re: Pinion Gear Spacer

Quote:
Originally posted by JABRONI
I've changed my gearing a few times and I can tell the small/thin spacer that was sent as a supplement to the kit is not going to last very long. after two gear changes it is starting to get chewed up.

Anyone know of a part # and where to get one??
#802511 Centax-3 gear-shim alu
This shim will also be supplied with the 16T and 17T gears.

If you have free time, about that 2mm mod, please take a shoot from the side showing carb and the tank braket. No worries on the machinning.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:51 PM   #2875
Tech Fanatic

Pyramid, I received my 16T Centax-3 Gearpinion last week and the shim was not included. Thats why I thought it was not meant as a permanent part of the Centax-3 System.
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:34 AM   #2876
Tech Master

Quote:
Pyramid, I received my 16T Centax-3 Gearpinion last week and the shim was not included. Thats why I thought it was not meant as a permanent part of the Centax-3 System.
You might want to ask Serpent for this one...
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:59 AM   #2877
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
JFC, I got mine via eBay

You'll find that PayPal will not allow you to sign up but a lot of the sellers accept money orders. Alternatively sign up with BidPay ... you give them your credit card number and they send the money order to where ever.
Thanks but im not willing 2 give away my credit card no. nosirreee

Maybe i just use my feel & touch things. The clutch nut measurement is actually a matter of engage early or later...so i think i manage without "digital measurement". I just use my "analog" caliper
Thanks Sow&Steady. Hopefully InitialD can shed me some light on this.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:01 AM   #2878
Tech Elite

Quote:
Same here. I bought the 16T pinion, # 802516 and the package definitely does not include the shim!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:06 AM   #2879
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jfc_tech
...so i think i manage without "digital measurement". I just use my "analog" caliper
Thanks Sow&Steady. Hopefully InitialD can shed me some light on this.
An analog one will do but for an old boy like me, the focussing is a little weak. I need to see actual numbers to best judge whether its right or wrong.

Master D may be a little quiet, probably still in Bangkok. Or maybe resting at home and wondering what he can share with us from M. Salven's "Tech Talk" to cut off 1 second per lap!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:27 AM   #2880
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
An analog one will do but for an old boy like me, the focussing is a little weak. I need to see actual numbers to best judge whether its right or wrong.

Master D may be a little quiet, probably still in Bangkok. Or maybe resting at home and wondering what he can share with us from M. Salven's "Tech Talk" to cut off 1 second per lap!
i pity u..

Master D for sure got a lot of things he learnt there but whether he would share or not.....i think we have to fork out some green note...or bigger RM(MY) for him to open his mouth

I hope he didn't really make lots of laps...coz if manage 100 laps, meaning 100 secs to cut off