Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by jfc_tech
i pity u..

Master D for sure got a lot of things he learnt there but whether he would share or not.....i think we have to fork out some green note...or bigger RM(MY) for him to open his mouth

I hope he didn't really make lots of laps...coz if manage 100 laps, meaning 100 secs to cut off
Kidding D...u won't left me alone here in Malaysia without any info on 710, will u?
Old 01-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Kidding D...u won't left me alone here in Malaysia without any info on 710, will u?
Hah! Now that you've given him the idea of charging for it ... he would!

Don't forget, he may go to the Asai cup in March (in KK I think) so why would he want to share his "secrets" with anyone ?
Old 01-12-2004, 01:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Hah! Now that you've given him the idea of charging for it ... he would!

Don't forget, he may go to the Asai cup in March (in KK I think) so why would he want to share his "secrets" with anyone ?
If really in KK, i will shower him with girls and booz. Somemore give him good pit area and a few pit crew. Of coz, this if he didn't bring his other half...the opposite sex

but sadly, it will be held in Miri or Kuching...in Sarawak.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

If really in KK, i will shower him with girls and booz. Somemore give him good pit area and a few pit crew. Of coz, this if he didn't bring his other half...the opposite sex
Can I some too???

but sadly, it will be held in Miri or Kuching...in Sarawak.
Why sadly? You cannot come? Its not very far from Sabah ... c'mon!
Old 01-12-2004, 02:24 AM
Tech Champion

Can I some too???
Sure

Why sadly? You cannot come? Its not very far from Sabah ... c'mon!
I mean sad bcoz Master couldn't come to KK Sabah. i could be the next Master here in KK if only he just give me his engine bible
Old 01-12-2004, 03:11 AM
Tech Adept

Just finished stripping and rebuilding my car from the weekend and i just have to praise Serpent for the cleaning gum.... I have always just sprayed the car with metho and blown off with a compressor. Great stuff...

The car was easy to pull down and clean.

SN
Old 01-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by S710_Nut
Just finished stripping and rebuilding my car from the weekend and i just have to praise Serpent for the cleaning gum.... I have always just sprayed the car with metho and blown off with a compressor. Great stuff...

The car was easy to pull down and clean.

SN
Hmmm ... bought the gum ages ago ... I should start using it!
Old 01-12-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Hmmm ... bought the gum ages ago ... I should start using it!
The gum probably turned into some sort of a clay pottery knowing how long you kept the stuff under the bed !
Old 01-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Or maybe resting at home and wondering what he can share with us from M. Salven's "Tech Talk" to cut off 1 second per lap!
Hate to dissapoint you guys... No tech talk from Michael. He arrived on the track too late. Well, he did go around from pit table to pit table to talk to some of us. He also answered questions of what he thought about this and that. Pretty helpful.

During the heats and mains of the race day, he was almost at the bottom of the driver's stand along with the other pit guys watching and observing the cars.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by lawndoggie
Whoa! Are you saying that there shouldn't be a hum noise when throttle is in neutral? Mine makes tons of noise!! How do I fix it? The spring??
Trim the throttle linkage with your Tx end point adjustment (EPA). Your throttle linkage should not make a buzzing sound. Trim it forward and backwards till you get no buzzing sound from your throttle servo.

When you press your brakes, the engine should not move. If you see it moving, then your brakes are set to hard and that your end points of your brakes should be limited. To make setting easy, take off the foam filter and see how the slide carb moves. When you press the brakes, the slide carb hole opening at idle should not change.

Also, when you press full throttle, the engine should also not move. The servo throttle movement should be just enough that it opens the slide carb just fully. Not more than required. If this is done correctly, your servos will last longer and you will have longer battery life.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:25 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

except when running brake.. drag brake, which you really need to do, to be consistant and fast.. therfore you always have load on the brake side, that is were you get a digital failure..
Old 01-12-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Maybe i just use my feel & touch things. The clutch nut measurement is actually a matter of engage early or later...so i think i manage without "digital measurement". I just use my "analog" caliper
Julius and Michael mentioned before that the setting in the manual is just for reference only. Like what you say, it is not scientific. Most of the time, it is by feel and touch like what you say. Of course, it depends from engine to engine as carb settings and pipe config can affect these settings.

Anyway, what they do is to set it tight. Go on the track and test the clutch out. Begin to loosen the clutch (you can do this externally) 1/4 or a turn each time till you get the best punch with least clutch slippage.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
The gum probably turned into some sort of a clay pottery knowing how long you kept the stuff under the bed !
How did you know I hide my stuff under my bed ? Damn ... don't tell the wifey next time you see her!
Old 01-12-2004, 07:45 AM
Tech Prophet

How did you know I hide my stuff under my bed ? Damn ... don't tell the wifey next time you see her!
Eh, how did you know about the 3 cars I took to Bangkok? Well, it's actually one 710 and the other two were 705. The Impulse PRO is now nearly a full blown 705 without the lightened 2 speed gearbox. Perhaps soon it will spot one.

How I wish I could have time to put my 705 on the Srinakarin track. I just wish I had more track time ! Given the limited experience and limited time with the 710, I personally felt that I could have done better with the 705. Not because the 705 is a better car than the 710. Just that I'm more familiar with it.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Eh, how did you know about the 3 cars I took to Bangkok? Well, it's actually one 710 and the other two were 705. The Impulse PRO is now nearly a full blown 705 without the lightened 2 speed gearbox. Perhaps soon it will spot one.
Ha! I do have my spies, even in Bangkok!

How I wish I could have time to put my 705 on the Srinakarin track. I just wish I had more track time ! Given the limited experience and limited time with the 710, I personally felt that I could have done better with the 705. Not because the 705 is a better car than the 710. Just that I'm more familiar with it.
I know what you mean. This was my why I was uncomfortable going in a rush. Believe it or not, I've not even had the time to put mine through the Hudy set-up yet till today!

On top of this my 705 and Pro are elsewhere. I even raced recently but only felt good enough to use the MTX.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.