Serpent 710

Old 03-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Smile Re: Re: Re: Re: DOG BONES

Originally posted by InitialD
Not that I know off any dogbones of that size...
Thanks for looking. jack
Old 03-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by jfc_tech
check this out. I used during my recent final. i predicted rain will fall, so i just trued the tires like this. cool effect...
i should have won my final (rain only starts the last 10 minutes) ...i was leading while the rest engine died...left only 3 cars on the track...suddenly the race director stop when only left 1'45''. the rain was too heavy he said! ..end up 3rd(based on qualifying result!)

thats a pretty good cut
Old 03-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I raced today and I was the only 710 at the track. i had some problem loosing rear trackion but my car was pretty quick. I was told. My mistake was getting late to the track. So next sunday I will be there early to have time to set up. - I will be gettin my caliper this week (digital) to I can set my centax properly.

my friend told me my clutch was slipping? how do I fix that?
Old 03-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Profoxcg
I raced today and I was the only 710 at the track. i had some problem loosing rear trackion but my car was pretty quick. I was told. My mistake was getting late to the track. So next sunday I will be there early to have time to set up. - I will be gettin my caliper this week (digital) to I can set my centax properly.

wich track did you race at?
Old 03-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Have you done the flyweight mod? Loosen the pre-tension nut for the clutch spring till you get no slippage.. Do it 1/4 turn at a time.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Have you done the flyweight mod? Loosen the pre-tension nut for the clutch spring till you get no slippage.. Do it 1/4 turn at a time.
InitialD how was your racing? im jealous i had to work , cant race until next sunday, i want to try my new body (Alfa-Romeo)

Last edited by Marcos.J; 03-28-2004 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

When I'm not around, somebody decides to show off with his new shell !

I'm told mine is ready.
Well, it wasn't a picture of mine, so that should be ok? No?

A "friend" of mine has borrowed my D1 and not brought it back yet!!!! As soon as I get it back, I take a pic of my new shell.

Still no signs of my servos nor motor Man, this is getting stupid!!!
Old 03-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

wich track did you race at?
Coral Springs, i liked that track very much
here is a picture of it
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-coral-springs.jpg  
Old 03-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by crashed_1
Funny thing is the colour reacts differently to light source... If you look at it from a 90º angle it's GREEN, but diagonally it's BLUE....

Oh well...
WOAH!!! That sounds pretty freaky to me!!! I think we need a picture of this shell
Old 03-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Where IS Serpent?

If anyone knows....I'm actually in the Netherlands now and would love to check out the RC Mecca if permitted......
Old 03-28-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Well, as usual, luck and driver skills will always let you down again ! Anyway, I was actually very satisfied with my 710. The car was fantastic on a tight infield / technical and a high speed straight with a sweeper hook at the end of the track. Too much traffic and the solid front was very useful. When tire selection was right, the car was very responsive ! Did not change my car setup at all from the previous outings on other tracks. Just played a little (plus minus 5 minute turns) on the rear diff screw. I just changed tires using 35 shore front and 37 shore rear or 37 shore front and 40 rear. Tire wear was the same front and rear !
Well, at least you had fun.

Was it RCTecs' new track?

I was lucky enough to get inivited on their opening and drove a few tanks. A lot of grip and certainly longer than it looks. My Rody was screaming by the time I reach mid-way through the straight.

Keat Seng was fastest amongst all of us ... especially in the infield.

Who won in this race?

I need to look your set-up closer ... wondering how you managed to get equal wear with those set of tyres!
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
InitialD how was your racing? im jealous i had to work , cant race until next sunday, i want to try my ney body (Alfa-Romeo)
Thanks for asking Marcos. It went just OK for me. Was happy with the car's performance. Excellent and very agile. Not happy with myself though and the mistakes that one makes.

After all the hard racing, the original kit rear bottom arm (right side) had the treading loose which I replaced with a new one. Not other parts broke. Oh yes. Stripped the 1st gear spur too during practise the day before due to own fault when the car flipped. The meshing of the spurs / pinions need to be very good to avoid the the gears stripping. After the change of spurs and aligning the engine and gear meshing properly, the spurs lasted the whole day's race without problems.
Tech Master

That's all it takes to fix it? lossen the pretension nut?

BTw i have cut the weights so they seat in between the posts.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27

Sow&Steady has provided some web space for the FAQ, so now I'm not limited to only 200k Bytes, it is now possible to add some pictures to the doc - but unless you have a good printer it may not print out so good.
With pleasure Mark

Let me know if you want the set-up to be diferent. Your own web space maybe? Or web journal? Own ftp account?

RC Reviews at your service!
Old 03-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Coral Springs, i liked that track very much
here is a picture of it
yes i have seen that one before i alwayss wanted to make it out there but havent got a chance too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.