Serpent 710

Old 03-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: 710

Originally posted by markp27
Must be an anomoly in the Force, oh dark one - I can see them ok.
I think Master Yoda is clouding my vision !
Old 03-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know what it is, it isnt the force or yoda... it is... that you have a bottle of nitro there, it is open and your windows are closed, also, I heard a little birdy tell me that you have been painting a body with the windows closed, these altogether = clouded vision... not the mention engine fumes, but that would have been from some other time
Old 03-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: 710

Must be an anomoly in the Force, oh dark one - I can see them ok.
Must be a Windoze thingy...
Old 03-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by BaxterC
I know what it is, it isnt the force or yoda... it is... that you have a bottle of nitro there, it is open and your windows are closed, also, I heard a little birdy tell me that you have been painting a body with the windows closed, these altogether = clouded vision... not the mention engine fumes, but that would have been from some other time
I think if I could collect nitro fuel from my lungs, it could easily been about 1 gallon or so !
Old 03-09-2004, 12:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 710

Originally posted by crashed_1
Must be a Windoze thingy...

Hickup in the DNS me thinks ! Other websites were fine though.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Some crazy off-the-hip idea!

Originally posted by InitialD
Radio tray and brake plate ( )? You mean the CF brake plate?
Yeah, the CF plate that sits over the brake arm and roll bar. Had a nasty rear end hit and snapped the shock tower and there was enough force to split the brake plate.

The radio tray was this last weekend... only a small crack where the reciever box mounts..
Old 03-09-2004, 01:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some crazy off-the-hip idea!

Originally posted by sparksy
Yeah, the CF plate that sits over the brake arm and roll bar. Had a nasty rear end hit and snapped the shock tower and there was enough force to split the brake plate.
Woow, that must really be a big hit !

Originally posted by sparksy
The radio tray was this last weekend... only a small crack where the reciever box mounts..
I also had a crack on the radio plate at the receiver box mount nearer towards the engine during the race in Thailand. Just the CF splitting which I manage to use CA and press the CF layers back in one piece.

It was a bad hit when the 1/8th scale T bonned my car on the short infield straights from the pipe side (thank god for the Shark pipe ) and the car rolled over on the other side scrapping the receiver box. That was the only time when my 1st gear pinion and spur got destroyed because that too got scrapped against the tarmac.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710

Hickup in the DNS me thinks ! Other websites were fine though.
Ah, now I can see it ! Nice shots.

Is that a BMW M3 body? Marcos, I think you should change the bodyshell. Use the good old Stratus or the Stratus 2.1 or the newer Alfa 2.1 and the Mazda 6. It'll do a whole lot of good to the car.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710

Ah, now I can see it ! Nice shots.

Is that a BMW M3 body? Marcos, I think you should change the bodyshell. Use the good old Stratus or the Stratus 2.1 or the newer Alfa 2.1 and the Mazda 6. It'll do a whole lot of good to the car.
Have you got your Mazda painted up yet? Mine is still in the wrapping
Old 03-09-2004, 01:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710

Have you got your Mazda painted up yet? Mine is still in the wrapping
Don't ask me about it Master Mark !
Old 03-09-2004, 01:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Don't know how many of you read this but this is a funny post on mytsn by one of the members !

By: ken risher (US)
Created: 07−03−04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You don't need the big bucks to keep up!?!

my 710 has leveled the playing field (for a while). This car is amazing, I've only raced with it once but what an improvement over my mugen. I work at Revelation Raceway, and there is often many very fast guys who come to my track. With my mugen, no matter what I did I had to force the car in the infield to even come close to keeping up, and everyone knows its hard to stay consisent when you are forcing the car. Now I cruise around the infield, at quarter to half throttle and the fast guys are wondering what happenned to me,they're forcing it to keep up. Its easy to stay smooth when you're not forcing the car. I think I have the Serpent design team to thank for this, I think I'm a pretty good driver, but I don't think I woke up a better driver 8 hrs. after finishing building the kit. P.S. tell the mugen, assc., &ofna team drivers the 710 stinks. please!

I think Ken is right ! We should tell everybody that the car stinks and that it has lots of problem !
Old 03-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710

Get your ass moving and spray cans rattling... That sliver Stratus of yours has turn to grey.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Mark, I think ID's been busy, cos he has been sniffing tha paint fumes while painting with the window closed, but he must have opened it cos the cloud has lifted from his vision... Only joking... Great win for Shumi and Ferrari this weekend!!! there seems to be something about germans and italians together, like nova and ... well, i dint know...
Old 03-09-2004, 02:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710

Originally posted by crashed_1
Get your ass moving and spray cans rattling... That sliver Stratus of yours has turn to grey.
Well, the least somebody could do is offer help to a needing friend that needs his body shell sprayed !
Old 03-09-2004, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710

Oh no, you have broken it already, have you - or has wifey thrown it away

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.