Serpent 710

Old 02-24-2004, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by cyba888
I just ordered the PMB setup system. Its much cheaper than the Hudy, does anyone have one or have used it before? Im sure Hudy's are nice but its not worth the extra $$ IMO.
I have both PMB and Hudy setup systems. One is for the Snake the other for NTC3. They both work the same...but honestly, the PMB one is a little dodgy, like D mentioned, the plastic is a little thinner which makes it flex a little when you're reading toe measurements. It doesn't give the same measurement twice after compressing the shocks. Just be a little careful.

Old 02-24-2004, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: need a novamega sx12 ss 3port turbo engine

Originally posted by baller360
does anyone here know where I can get a novamega sx12 ss 3p turbo engine for a really good price? becuase I am going to buy one and if any of you have a novarrosi ns15s5 can you tell me how it performs and where could I get one for a good price thanks!
EBAY!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by BaxterC
The 710 has 62mm 40 shore tyres front and back, but what I am wonderring is, what is the width of the tyres, front and back?
26 mm wide front and 30 mm wide (or even 31 mm) rear.

Originally posted by BaxterC
also, I am looking for a VERY long lasting foam tyre, traction isnt an issue, I am thinking nitro shoes, but I dont know what shore tyres I should go for.
That question you need to answer for yourself. Ask around the people on the track what shore hardness they are using. Harder shores last longer but generally gives you less traction. Sometimes even unusable at your track !

I suggest you stick with foams if you want to practise or if you plan to race. If you buy from certain places in HK, they can come up even cheaper than rubber tires with rims and inserts. With foams, you only got to play with the shore hardness variable unlike with rubber tires. Rubber tires once overheat will never not give you the same exact traction (even after it has cooled down) when it is new.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by baller360
can someone please answer my post!
EBAY!!
Old 02-24-2004, 05:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
This past weekend i ran my serpent 710 at one of my local tracks in a 20 minute main and the tires only wore out 3mm. I was running 37 shore front and rear.
That's pretty excellent wear. Should be a nice track you run on !
Old 02-24-2004, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by InitialD
That's pretty excellent wear. Should be a nice track you run on !
i ran at this track this past weekend

And this is another track that i run at and helped build FULL THROTTLE SPEEDWAY
Old 02-24-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Post Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Spanish Championship

[QUOTE]Originally posted by InitialD
Pyramid, I think the results of the Spanish competition was referring to 200 mm 1/10th scale TC. So the engine that Thaasman was referring to is a 2.1 cc engine (0.12 ci). [/QUO

Correct!
Old 02-24-2004, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

i ran at this track this past weekend

And this is another track that i run at and helped build FULL THROTTLE SPEEDWAY
The track above is almost identical to the same track I goto in Taiwan except that the drivers stand is on the opposite side. I prefer the long straights closer to the driver stand like yours so that its easier to see when the car is WOT.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-track.jpg  
Old 02-24-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Prophet

I prefer the long straights closer to the driver stand like yours so that its easier to see when the car is WOT.
The straights in front of the driver stand can be pretty dangerous. The cars come out of the pit lane will directly be in the way where the cars are at the fastest !
Old 02-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by InitialD
The straights in front of the driver stand can be pretty dangerous. The cars come out of the pit lane will directly be in the way where the cars are at the fastest !
i agree thats why in our track the pit lane is in a slow part of the track and the straightaway on the other side opposite of the drivers stand
Old 02-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

the tires are 30mm rear and 26mm fronts, and for a longlasting foam get a higher shore (harder tire) like a 45 shore they would last a little bit longer, but it also depends on your set up and driving style and track surface. This past weekend i ran my serpent 710 at one of my local tracks in a 20 minute main and the tires only wore out 3mm. I was running 37 shore front and rear.
I was also running 37 shores all around and I couldnt keep my car on all four wheels. Was flipping like a @#%$@# from the high bite track I think its because my front and rear wheels had too much toe in. Just want to clear things up, the stock 710 tires come in 40 shores correct? I think in order for my car to run good with 37 shores is to toe out a bit more and use red springs that I am hoping will arrive my this weekend!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

When I do the lift method I notice that both tires lift almost at the same time but one wheels drops down faster than the other. What could be the cause?
Old 02-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

When I do the lift method I notice that both tires lift almost at the same time but one wheels drops down faster than the other. What could be the cause?
How do you mean that the wheel drops down faster? Do you mean when you compress and release the suspension?

If you haven't already done so, make sure that you are lifting the car on a perfectly level and even surface - use a spirit level to ensure that the surface is level.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by markp27
How do you mean that the wheel drops down faster? Do you mean when you compress and release the suspension?

If you haven't already done so, make sure that you are lifting the car on a perfectly level and even surface - use a spirit level to ensure that the surface is level.

Cheers, Mark.
When I lift the car both wheels come off the floor but one of the arms seems to drop faster than the other. I think it might have to do with the shocks not being even when rebounding. Dam it! I got bit by a mosquito! How the hell did it get into my place Trying to type and hunt it down at the same time
Old 02-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

When I lift the car both wheels come off the floor but one of the arms seems to drop faster than the other. I think it might have to do with the shocks not being even when rebounding. Dam it! I got bit by a mosquito! How the hell did it get into my place Trying to type and hunt it down at the same time
Maybe, can't help there - but it could be that there is more pre-tension on one side than the other (i.e. the tension used to get rid of any tweak).

Good luck with the mosquito - at least we don't have them here until June

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.