R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-09-2004, 12:40 PM   #5626
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Virtual D1 pics? I beg your pardon !
Come on D, everyone knows virtual is better than real, i.e. that beautiful girlfriend I virtually had or the ferrari I virtually had

Quote:

Wifey? What wifey? What new stuff?
DUCK!!!!!!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:57 PM   #5627
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg
Wink

Quote:
when it suddenly occured to me that you wouldn't have any brakes anymore
I am sure someone has already tryed it...
you know those posts that say,, oh the 710 sucksI broke half of the car in one day of racing, lol
.. um.. what kind og diff do you have in the rear? ... um well I was trying this "new" setup

ok sorry that was lame
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:49 PM   #5628
Tech Rookie

Hey all im a noob here lol. But anyway i have a few questions. I need to know when the new ellegi's come out and also it says that the rear diff can be easily taken out by taking the blocks off the top and it doesnt work as the driveshafts stop it!

Just want to know wat you guys think?

>MRME<

Last edited by MRME; 03-09-2004 at 03:01 PM.
MRME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:01 PM   #5629
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by MRME
I need to know when the new ellegi's come out and also it says that the rear diff can be easily taken out by taking the blocks off the top and it doesnt work as the driveshafts stop it!
I believe Rene Cornella or someone at the factory mentioned on mytsn 710 forum that the new rims will have ETA of about April.

As for the rear diff, you are right that the driveshafts are in the way. I remember that after using a long nose to push one of the dogbones further out and twist the rear diff at about 1 or 2 hour angles will dislodge the dogbones from the outdrives.

Else, you could slide out the rear upper arm pivot pin so that the upper rear arm is disconnected from the buklhead. That should give you leverage to disconnect the dogbones from the outdrives.

Anyway, welcome aboard !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:58 PM   #5630
Tech Regular

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Don't get all those fancy option scare you........all servos are programmable, not just digiital, and I know my 3PK can do so many setting (most of them I don't even know what they are) but it is all about your RADIO, not the servo itself.

I always use the same brand servo matching the radio....for digital, use S9451...very good speed and torque.
If you want something lighter, I knew someone used the S9550 for both throttle and steering....they are like 25gram lighter then standard servo (cause they are shorter) but 83 oz/in @ 6V torque spec, I am not sure it is strong enough for steering......S9451 run .10 Sec/60 Degrees @ 6V and 121 oz/in @ 6V spec.
The 9550 is fine for steering, and for throttle also. However, there is a chassis clearance problem with the 9550 used for steering (see prior discussions) as it is 1 mm thicker than the standard servos.
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:26 PM   #5631
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD

Else, you could slide out the rear upper arm pivot pin so that the upper rear arm is disconnected from the buklhead. That should give you leverage to disconnect the dogbones from the outdrives.

Anyway, welcome aboard !
I took the back plate off and then had access to the diff, etc.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:46 PM   #5632
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I took the back plate off and then had access to the diff, etc.
Yup, the easiest would be to take off the 4 screws that hold the rear shock tower and 2 screws that go into the back plate from the chassis below to remove the backplate. That would give you ample space.

Else, you can actually only need to remove 2 of the upper screws that hold the rear shock tower. Those screws go directly into the upper block of the rear bulkhead. Taking out the upper blocks would then be a little tight with the rear backplate still attached.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:40 AM   #5633
Tech Fanatic

Welcome MRME... thank you columbia for the information on the servos, I think I will use the ones I have for now, they are the bare minimum, I must first get back into the rc thing as i have been out for about 5-6 years... I will get others, but will wait. Thank you all, It is nearly the end of the month, I will place my order soon....!!!! Serpent, HERE WE COME. Can anyone tell me what updates are expected in a new kit, I know wheels sometime in april. Also, where would I be able to buy wheels in bulk on-line, also, cheaper than buying lots of sets of pairs. I am looking for Ellegi obviously, but I want to choose the shore, some of you will remember I found a place, but you could not select the shore.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:47 AM   #5634
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Let us know what you think about the new rear shock tower "D"? I'm interested in hearing if its any stronger or notT
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:05 AM   #5635
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Let us know what you think about the new rear shock tower "D"? I'm interested in hearing if its any stronger or notT
You want me to crash test it? Ask crashed_1. He's a crash pilot. Formerly works for AE !
Old 03-10-2004, 01:11 AM   #5636
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Can anyone tell me what updates are expected in a new kit, I know wheels sometime in april.
The rear shock tower, the rear lower arm, upper and lower bumper plastic upgrades...

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Also, where would I be able to buy wheels in bulk on-line, also, cheaper than buying lots of sets of pairs. I am looking for Ellegi obviously, but I want to choose the shore, some of you will remember I found a place, but you could not select the shore.
Have you tried this;

http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/

http://controlcentre.rctech.net/

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/
Old 03-10-2004, 01:12 AM   #5637
Tech Fanatic

Works Associated... well you MUST be a crash pilot as that... sorry, no bashing of other teams... Dang...
Old 03-10-2004, 06:03 AM   #5638
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Dee... Which would you say is a better pipe to use, Performance wise, the EFRA legal in-line novarossi pipe, or the H.A.R.D. Shark in-line pipe?
Old 03-10-2004, 06:21 AM   #5639
Tech Fanatic

Look what most pro's use Novarossi. They built that pipe specially for the engine. Im sure they spent alot of R&D on that pipe to compliment it with their engine. The Shark is nice because the outlet pipe wont bent out of shape when someone hits you. With the Novarossi I dont find it a problem because all you have to do is pull it out with a plier and its back to normal. You asking for performance right? I recommend the Nova pipe but its up to you which ever you want. For me you cant go wrong with Nova because all pros use it IMHO
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:29 AM   #5640
Tech Fanatic

Hey Cyba... Thank you, I was going for it, as I know the brand and it is obvious that novarossi will try to get the most, but I wanted another opinion, so thank you, my mind is made up. I have a dog just like the one in the picture, but he is all black and a cross, but he looks all rotti. Get this, his name is Bruce, he is still young and a bit clumsy, although he is a year already.