R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-13-2003, 12:51 AM   #271
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
D, that ratio facts is really dissapoint me...
But I hope the lower speed rate (means low rotating mass either) of 2 spd shaft do helps the car reachs edge of 1st gear in faster rate.
I actually did not look at it the way Julius explained. Instead of going with a higher ratio (hence the more number of turns your internal pulleys need to do to get the same tire rollout) the more inertia needs to be input.

Perhaps, by going with 1.875 internal ratio (and perhaps coupled with a lighter car maybe which gives better power to weight ratio?? ), a 7.15 1st gear final drive ratio is enough to propel the car to match other car's seemingly higher final drive ratios on shorter tracks. Any comments, Rene / Julius?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:55 AM   #272
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Will the Gears work

Quote:
Originally posted by Que
Will the 705 gears work on the 710 pinion and spur?
The 710 spurs and pinion are based on 0.8 module gearing which has finer pitch than the spurs and pinions of the 705. From what I can see, they should theoretically fit as the clutchbell looks like the same as the one used on the 705. The one way bearing hub for the 1st gear spur looks the same too. So does the white 2 speed clutchshoe.

Do 705 spurs and pinions physically fit on the 710, that I would have to leave to Rene or Julius to comment. But if it is indeed possible, you need to use 705 spurs and pinions exclusively on the 710 to get proper mesh.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:00 AM   #273
Tech Prophet

Default Re: shocks and springs

Quote:
Originally posted by Que
I know the shocks and springs will work. Where will you all mount your personal transponders. It does look like there is some form of Reciever case or protector behind the laydown servo
I believe mytsn did mention "integrated mounting position for personal transponder".

As for shocks, they are the same as the 705. I would not know about springs though if they are sticking to the same white, yellow, red and blue convention...
Old 11-13-2003, 01:08 AM   #274
Tech Prophet

Default Re: same thing

Quote:
Originally posted by lawndoggie
I agree with fastharry completely!
They mentioned that they have been doing research on the 710 for 2 years, but then why did they release the 705 one year ago?
This is what Rene Cornella said about a page or two ago concerning the above;

Quote:
Originally posted by Rene C.
A little but true story:
In winter 2002 we had the first prototype. It was not a bad car, but it was not the car we want to have. We tested a long time and changed many things. So we learned a lot. Then we decided to put all the knowledge we had together and started again. So we had a nice looking, from begin on good going car. We stayed testing and changing and so the result was the 710. Itís not a lie when we sad Performance through Evolution.
I never will say itís the perfect car, but we keep trying.
Talking over it is one thing, but drive one and you will see.
Quote:
What I am saying is that serpent releases a B+ car when they're already researching a A- car! And they make people think that whatever car they release is A-. Thats crap!
Why do you think the 705 is a B+ car in the first place? Does the car win any less competition around the world?

Quote:
The same should go to serpent, whom should encougages more manufactures to create custom parts for serpent car.
I agree with you on this. I believe this is the asian metality (no offense to that as I'm asian too ! ) that more available 3rd party hop ups means that the car will be more famous because it will perform better. But the fact is why create and have inferior 3rd party products when the originals are much better? True, they may be cheaper but when you're talking about a race car, there is no compromise.

Quote:
Last, I hope 710 comes with all hudy steelspring parts (doggie bones, steel axles) FC steering blocks, vent brakes and other hop-up parts that are already available for 705 as STANDARD!
These parts are OBVIOUSLY better, and so being a better car as serpent suggested, the goodies should come as standard.
I'm sure others as well as I are crossing our fingers and hoping that Serpent is listening to this !
Old 11-13-2003, 03:19 AM   #275
Tech Prophet

Default Starter Box Question...

Is Serpent providing new mounts for the 1400 starter box in the 710 kit or can the 705 ones be used?
Old 11-13-2003, 04:51 AM   #276
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
What can I say Mark...

You always have the nicest things to say... Hey, don't forget to mention that it's the thread that has the best looking, highest quality pics !

Aw gee you're too kind

The old D1 is away for a refurbishment, so no new pics for a while I'll repost my fav tomorrow, to set of the 710 friday picture frenzy

But apart from the pics the technical input from certain people on the 705 forum has been tremendous. In other forums I visit, there is very little sharing of knowledge....seems some people want to keep it for themselves.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:28 AM   #277
Tech Adept

Smile

D, that 14 posts in a row! Aiming for 5000 this weak?
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 07:04 AM   #278
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by johan
D, that 14 posts in a row! Aiming for 5000 this weak?
God willing !!

Hey, look who's online... Is MichaelS who I think it is?
Old 11-13-2003, 07:08 AM   #279
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I'll repost my fav tomorrow, to set of the 710 friday picture frenzy
Incidently, we will get a release of the 710 tomorrow which is Friday. I guess we'll let the Serpent team drivers do the honours of the Friday pics tradition on the 710 thread...
Old 11-13-2003, 07:14 AM   #280
Tech Elite

Quote:
Incidently, we will get a release of the 710 tomorrow which is Friday. I guess we'll let the Serpent team drivers do the honours of the Friday pics tradition on the 710 thread...
Naturally
Old 11-13-2003, 07:17 AM   #281
Tech Elite

Quote:
God willing !!

Hey, look who's online... Is MichaelS who I think it is?
You've got sharp eyes - you don't miss a trick, do you!
Old 11-13-2003, 07:22 AM   #282
Tech Addict

You guys are getting out of control with the bashing.... Last I knew Serpent and evey other company are for profit...they are like every othe company...some one said back on another page that MUGEN copies other companies Ideas...R&D is very expensive...I don't blame them...all of these companies are here to make money...Just when you got your integra GSR with all of the good stuff...Honda releases the RSX with a 200 HP VTEC and a 6 speed tranny...unlucky...thats life, get the new joint or stick with the old and work hard beat the new...
jhigga15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 10:08 AM   #283
Tech Fanatic

The ART suspension has three main positions.
- Neutral, No change in toe.
- Up, The wheel gets less toe-in when the suspension compresses. This makes the rear steer more in corners.
- Down, opposite to up. It will make the car more stable under accelleration and braking (just using more static toe-in would make braking more difficult) but reduces the steering in fast corners.

Someone asked if we didn't believe in the system if you could use an option to run a "normal rear". If you'd thought first you'd realise that in every adjustment there is a "middle". If a company brings out a "hard" "medium" and "soft" spring you'd never comment "do they know what they are doing" Don't they trust the hard and soft ones to make an in between option available.
If that's the way you think, then you must think all tuning options on todays cars are a symbol of manufacturers not being sure of their design. Like "hey its a shit design, lets give them tuning options to sort it out!"

We think the ART suspension gives a tuning option that can help to refine the car to the track. Sometimes up works best, sometimes down, sometimes you'll find using the neutral gives the best feel of the car.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:17 PM   #284
Tech Regular

Julius, how true:

"If that's the way you think, then you must think all tuning options on todays cars are a symbol of manufacturers not being sure of their design. Like "hey its a shit design, lets give them tuning options to sort it out!"

I find it hard to believe how some of these guys find ways to complain about things....
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 04:37 PM   #285
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
God willing !! Hey, look who's online... Is MichaelS who I think it is?

Well, I guess you are right.... It's me, Michael!! Although I don't exactly know what you think!!

Just checking out what you guys are talking about. So far so good, most of the stuff is already explained by Julius. Just one thing: there will be no two rear ends, just one with different possibilities to adjust.
MichaelS is offline   Reply With Quote