R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-12-2003, 09:16 PM   #256
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

i think that happens with every manufacturer with changes in car models. there will always be those customers who get caught in a transition and if they waited could have gotten the newer model. for the most part, however serpent hasnt changed their 235mm or their 200mm platform that much until now and kept evolving it which greatly benefits consumers who have bought their car early and new customers who get a more refined machine. unfortunately that cannot always be so.

as far as hyping up a product you cant really blame serpent for this. every company wants as much exposure and anticipation for their products.

so i guess my point is the best thing to do is to inform potential hobbyists. share facts and opinions and let them make an informed decision.

btw the new 710 is definitely growing on me. it'll be tough to choose between this and the R40. one of my friend is all set to buy the 710 .
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 09:29 PM   #257
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD

So available spurs for 1st gear and 2nd gear spurs should be 61T, 60T and 59T and 57T, 56, and 55T respectively?

Many people argue that the highest final drive ratio on the 705 (or on the 710) is not enough to meet the acceleration of the MTX-3 and V1RR cars when it comes to stock gearing and hence not suited when used on the a relatively small and tight technical track. Even if we change to the highest final drive ratio on the 710, how do you think the 710 is able to compensate for this apparent lack of acceleration? Smaller tires?
D, that ratio facts is really dissapoint me...
But I hope the lower speed rate (means low rotating mass either) of 2 spd shaft do helps the car reachs edge of 1st gear in faster rate.
Isn't it will do ?

As for the Veteq thing, I do respect to what fastharry feelings and absolutely right, serpent should learn from that.
And as quoted by Pyramid, "the house" is already make a statement.
Lets get back to technical becoz THINGS WILL DEFINITELY GETS BETTER and BEST (nice quote man!!)
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:12 PM   #258
Que
Tech Adept

Default Will the Gears work

Will the 705 gears work on the 710 pinion and spur?
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:14 PM   #259
Que
Tech Adept

Default shocks and springs

I know the shocks and springs will work. Where will you all mount your personal transponders. It does look like there is some form of Reciever case or protector behind the laydown servo
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:19 PM   #260
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to lawndoggie Send a message via Yahoo to lawndoggie
Default same thing

I agree with fastharry completely!
They mentioned that they have been doing research on the 710 for 2 years, but then why did they release the 705 one year ago?
Why didn't they just release some conversion kits/hop up parts for the impulse? You don't see Mugen releaseing a MTX 2.5 or 3.5!!
What I am saying is that serpent releases a B+ car when they're already researching a A- car! And they make people think that whatever car they release is A-. Thats crap!
Another thing is that the "entirely new design" means most parts are NOT interchangable.... well that all means MORE expensive factory parts, more revenue for them!
Think of it this way, Microsoft creates Windows and encourages other developers to create softwares that are compatable to Windows platform. THis way, i don't have to buy Microsoft games, Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft photoshop, microsoft acrobat reader.... by having wider support, they gain more market share! This is why Mac has small market share, I can't even get ESPN baseball in Mac format!
The same should go to serpent, whom should encougages more manufactures to create custom parts for serpent car.
Last, I hope 710 comes with all hudy steelspring parts (doggie bones, steel axles) FC steering blocks, vent brakes and other hop-up parts that are already available for 705 as STANDARD!
These parts are OBVIOUSLY better, and so being a better car as serpent suggested, the goodies should come as standard.
lawndoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:49 PM   #261
Tech Rookie

Had the opportunity to see the Serpent price list tonight. It showed that the car will be available in December with a suggested street price of $422.50. LHS said more than likely he would sell for $390 to $399.
half-car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:14 AM   #262
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by icon
btw why did serpent censor one of the ART suspension pic?
The sensored pic of the ART suspension was a teaser pic (perhaps from the lack of initiation from the marketing department? ) and was released when rumours started flying around on the 710.

You could say the same for movie trailers... Why do they blotch up movies and put them up in the most interesting sequences... So annoying.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:22 AM   #263
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by fmolzer
Locally, I still race my old impulse pro, that car has now become a durability test car, it has 2 full seasons on it and is incredibly worn, still it keeps up with many of the more modern cars on a local level. Keep your old cars and race them as much as you want to, nothing wrong with that, but stop hacking on a company that is trying to develop new and better machines for us to play with.
Fredrik, you too are right on the money ! At the moment, I too still race my Impulse PRO and able to keep up with the competition with other newer cars. I just might take it out for real competition and give the other guys with other brand new cars a run for their money !
Old 11-13-2003, 12:27 AM   #264
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
It is funny to see the other mfg. owners come on this thread to bash Serpent. Makes you think what they are really felling.......

1. Left out?
2. Jealous?
3. Or just really wish they have Serpent cars.
PUNISHER, you're the most cruel Serpent driver I've come across !
Old 11-13-2003, 12:36 AM   #265
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
Are you saying it has no relevance?.........It absolutely does...Just by Rene's admission that the veteq was done wrong from the start makes my own questions regarding serpents policys valid(ESP when the opening remarks for the 710 sound like the Veteq).
Woow, like what Julius mentioned, not seeing the car in the flesh and you're already making negative assumptions?

Like I said earlier, please leave the Veteq issue out of this thread and discuss the 710 specifically as Rene (as as with other Serpent drivers) have already admitted about the Veteq. What more do you want? Perhaps, you can start a thread and open old wounds but that's fine so long as it does not clutter this thread. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:38 AM   #266
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Que
Hey will i be able to use all the old 705 gears on the 710 people are talking about gear ratios and stuff i want to know if i need to get new gears. or will the 705 gears fit
Why do you want to do this? Aren't you going a step down by not using the 0.8 gearing modules? From the looks of the 710 2 speed gearbox that uses the same clutchshoes as can be found on the 705, I think you can.

Team Serpent Holland, any comments?
Old 11-13-2003, 12:38 AM   #267
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Brake Parts

Quote:
Originally posted by MorShah
Any improvement on the brake parts ? Is 710 package with the new barake pad and new ventilated disc brake ? or a totally new braking system ?
One more day... Hopefully, Julius can address this in his write up on the 710.

My personal opinion, it looks like the same design brake system that can be found on the 705. I don't know about the brake pad or if the new ventilated brake disc would be thrown in <hint, hint >
Old 11-13-2003, 12:43 AM   #268
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
Are they designed for different style tracks?....How does the 710 run with the standard suspension in back?.....
Rene hinted that the different suspension design will cater for beginners and experts.

I guess we need to look out for some write ups and tips from mytsn or from this 710 forum from out valuable input from Serpent team drivers.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:43 AM   #269
Tech Prophet

Default Re: READ THE THREAD TITLE: SERPENT 710

Quote:
Originally posted by Schrijver99
And if you want to know how good (or bad, NOT!) the 710 is wait and see on your track and at the races!
Cool down brother bear ! Let's act like civilised people. Let other people throw mud. There's no better way than to let the car speak for itself !
Old 11-13-2003, 12:44 AM   #270
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I choose mainly to ignore these discussions - seems pretty childish what is being said about Serpent from guys with other manufacturers' cars.
What can I say Mark...

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Lets get back on track with the 710 discussion - hopefully it'll be as good as the 705 forum, which was/is one of the best information sources for any RC car.
You always have the nicest things to say... Hey, don't forget to mention that it's the thread that has the best looking, highest quality pics !