R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-31-2003, 05:01 AM   #2401
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Mark G had 60 gms on the left side of the tank.
You ask me what kind of info I needed from Mark Green... Those were the kind of infos I needed ! Thanks !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 05:13 AM   #2402
Tech Adept

Happy New Year To Everyone here.
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 05:48 AM   #2403
Tech Adept

Default Foams on Impulse Pro

Sorry this is off topic guys, but this is where all the action is.

I've just received my 1st set of foams for the Impulse but when mounting the 30mm on the rear the head of the shock retaining screw binds on the inside of the rim, the 26mm front rims bind on the steering levers.

For info the wheels are Arrows, 0 offset, and I'm using the original alloy wheel hexes.

Can anyone offer any advice.
Diesel Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 05:51 AM   #2404
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Foams on Impulse Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Diesel Racer

I've just received my 1st set of foams for the Impulse but when mounting the 30mm on the rear the head of the shock retaining screw binds on the inside of the rim, the 26mm front rims bind on the steering levers.

For info the wheels are Arrows, 0 offset, and I'm using the original alloy wheel hexes.

Diesel you need to update the mount on the shock to the ball and grub screw.
Standard on 705,710.
Part# 1255 grub screw x2
1650 Ball x2
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=9332&sn=7

Last edited by Pacman25; 12-31-2003 at 06:01 AM.
Pacman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:08 AM   #2405
Tech Apprentice

the c clip on the 22t pulley prevent me from adjusting it, I guess with the brake pulley you shouldnt see the indention on the shaft that the grub screw is supposed to cover, so I moved it over to where I could no longer see that indention, so now theres still some play but very little, but the pulley at the end of the shaft is no longer flush with the bearing, theres about 1mm space between it but its no longer moving. I guess its OK, if anyone thinks otherwise please let me know.
rcjayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:30 AM   #2406
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
You ask me what kind of info I needed from Mark Green... Those were the kind of infos I needed ! Thanks !
Goes to show that I either don't pay enough attention to those kinda things or I just plain don't know what's important to win races!
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:37 AM   #2407
Tech Elite

Default Re: Foams on Impulse Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Diesel Racer

Mark, Pacman is right. The other way for the rear is to move over the lower shock mount onto the rear lower arms. I don't the part numbers but some of the newer arms released already had holes in them for the mounting grubscrews.

The ID of your rear foam wheels should ideally be 47 mm I think. UFRA and Ellergi foams are the ones to use.

Also when I put foams on my Pro, I had to use one of those hex inserts for the front wheels. You will then have the issue of track width to worry about.

Alternatively, use only foam tyres that have the right offsets for the front. Changing over to the FC steering block solve the issue once and for all though.
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:41 AM   #2408
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by ammdrew
check your shock lengths.. make sure they are the same. the only way to have less droop after instaling shocks is if one is shorter than the droop allows, must have a lot of droop to allow that though.. are you at 7 above chassis or below?
I got it all sorted now, it appeared to be the rear sway bar links not being at the correct length... must have overlooked that while building
S710_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 07:01 AM   #2409
Tech Adept

Default Foams on Impulse Pro

Quote:
Diesel you need to update the mount on the shock to the ball and grub screw.
Standard on 705,710.
Part# 1255 grub screw x2
1650 Ball x2
Quote:
Mark, Pacman is right. The other way for the rear is to move over the lower shock mount onto the rear lower arms. I don't the part numbers but some of the newer arms released already had holes in them for the mounting grubscrews.

The ID of your rear foam wheels should ideally be 47 mm I think. UFRA and Ellergi foams are the ones to use.

Also when I put foams on my Pro, I had to use one of those hex inserts for the front wheels. You will then have the issue of track width to worry about.

Alternatively, use only foam tyres that have the right offsets for the front. Changing over to the FC steering block solve the issue once and for all though
Thanks for the info guys, I've just ordered the ball and grub screws and front oneway and been advised to trim the fronts down to 24mm which apparently works very well.
Diesel Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 07:45 AM   #2410
Tech Adept

Default Up and Running

After having been short a part in my first kit and Serpent being closed I bought a second kit to get the missing part.The car drives great.After owning a trinity reflex this is like heaven.
Rebal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:06 AM   #2411
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by rcjayy
the c clip on the 22t pulley prevent me from adjusting it
I don't follow you... There is no C clip preventing you from moving the 22T to the left side away from the left bulkhead. In any case, I have attached a pic below showing the position of the 22T on the layshaft and the 24T brake pulley clearing the engine crankcase mounting. You will find that there is virtually no side play. It fits snugly but yet does not bind the 2 speed hub.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear_pulleys.jpg (181.0 KB, 144 views)
Old 12-31-2003, 11:16 AM   #2412
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Foams on Impulse Pro

Quote:
I think it is mentioned on mytsn that all rear lower arms of the 705 / Impulse would include the optional hole to mount the shocks nearer towards the chassis. Please see pic attached. That shock mounting position is actually meant for the optional LSA shock tower mounting.

Quote:
Yes, that is correct. I have used cut out lexan pieces in the hex shape as wheel spacers.

Just a side note, I did not find any rubbing on the steering linkage or on the steering knuckles with the 710. This is with Speedmind tires which on the 705, it does.

Quote:
Alternatively, use only foam tyres that have the right offsets for the front. Changing over to the FC steering block solve the issue once and for all though.
Yes, that is correct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lsa shock tower.jpg (16.3 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by InitialD; 12-31-2003 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:18 AM   #2413
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Up and Running

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebal
After having been short a part in my first kit and Serpent being closed I bought a second kit to get the missing part.
Which part was missing?
Old 12-31-2003, 11:32 AM   #2414
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

here it is ready for battle..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg readytorun.jpg (187.3 KB, 192 views)
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:34 AM   #2415
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

and the other side..

the pipe is on for weight and setup only, justa old tp045 i had laying around, and the tire size is were i expect i will be running in florida, as it is were i ended last year.. so 58- 60mm will be my start point with a 57mm expected end point after mains...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ready2run2.jpg (173.7 KB, 177 views)
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote