R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-13-2005, 07:34 AM   #21436
Tech Fanatic

no they are not pro belts. but i have some for sale. brand new in the package $20 with shipping.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 07:46 AM   #21437
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by joemugen
no they are not pro belts. but i have some for sale. brand new in the package $20 with shipping.
Where are you located?
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:41 AM   #21438
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Which mod is this, Goldfinger?
Sorry for not being able to get some pics on the upper recv cover that I milled out before. I did not use that anymore since I've switch to KO receiver and the mods done on rx top cover is really staright forward as cutting those 2 upper cover legs by 2mm shorter. The one for R131ip really need some machining work if you want to get it factory looks. Golfinger just being lazy!

I'll try to take a pics from our team driver car this weekend as I also promise other people to make rev5 clearer (yes Joe, that is you incase you are reading).. the new chassis will jus make mine even lower I think just need some li-po rx batteries to clear bottom of fuel tank.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:08 AM   #21439
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Alternative Receiver Mounting

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
About the chassis, i dont know in theory but in practical the hole below the engine is not only as a cooling hole but they are really help to clear out the dirt.
That would be Rev6?
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:44 AM   #21440
Tech Initiate

Thank you guys ..
I'll stick with the regular belt's ... Since i live in Brazil, i have to order a lot of things abroad, so it takes almost 10 days to get here... and i don't want to miss a race for lacking a belt or anything ...
Mark ;-) I've read the FAQ weeks befor i even get the car .. and i tought the Serpent forum to give the Highest support to other pilots and i've veery happy to be in the snake team ;-)
I'll get some suspension arms and some belts ;-)
Thank's a lot guys .....
Rodrigo Meira
RMeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:10 PM   #21441
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Killa G
Where are you located?
miami, fl.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:06 AM   #21442
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Sorry for not being able to get some pics on the upper recv cover that I milled out before. I did not use that anymore since I've switch to KO receiver and the mods done on rx top cover is really staright forward as cutting those 2 upper cover legs by 2mm shorter. The one for R131ip really need some machining work if you want to get it factory looks. Golfinger just being lazy!

Brader, first you didn't post the pics, then Goldfinger is lazy ... what's going on with the team over there?

Quote:
I'll try to take a pics from our team driver car this weekend as I also promise other people to make rev5 clearer (yes Joe, that is you incase you are reading).. the new chassis will jus make mine even lower I think just need some li-po rx batteries to clear bottom of fuel tank.
That's better!

Looking forward to it.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:12 AM   #21443
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RMeira
Thank you guys ..
I'll stick with the regular belt's ... Since i live in Brazil, i have to order a lot of things abroad, so it takes almost 10 days to get here... and i don't want to miss a race for lacking a belt or anything ...
Mark ;-) I've read the FAQ weeks befor i even get the car .. and i tought the Serpent forum to give the Highest support to other pilots and i've veery happy to be in the snake team ;-)
I'll get some suspension arms and some belts ;-)
Thank's a lot guys .....
Rodrigo Meira
Rodrigo, agree with you there ... regular belts work just fine.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:47 AM   #21444
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Help Reqd,

My car is very twitchy in the tight corners on power. Looks like I'm not getting enough front drive. Is there an alternative front pulley to give more overdrive to the front.

Thanks
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:28 AM   #21445
Tech Fanatic

There is a 21t pulley for the middle shaft that gives more front drive. Are you running a front diff? A tighter setting on the clamp may help. I run the front diff very stiff and it improves the car a lot.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:18 AM   #21446
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
There is a 21t pulley for the middle shaft that gives more front drive. Are you running a front diff? A tighter setting on the clamp may help. I run the front diff very stiff and it improves the car a lot.
Julius...Do you use the front diff more than the one-way? How do you decide which to use? The only time I've used the front one-way was at the 2005 WinterNats. I did this to take away some front steering to help with the traction roll. Thanks.
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:19 AM   #21447
Tech Regular

Default Help! Engine Screws

Hi there!

I have a serious problem with my engine mount screws (under the chassis) M4x10 #802551

I cant open two of them. Having them fastened by hand with a Hudy driver and no threadlock a couple of weeks ago, I cant open two of them with the same driver!
The driver is already broken and the screwheads are badly damaged by now. Here are my questions:

How could this happen? Is the heat of the engine seizing the screws in the chassis?

What can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?

And the most important question, how can I get those screws out?
Drilling? Cut a groove in the head and use a flathead screwdriver? Weld another screw or tool to the heads?

What has worked for you?

Andy advice would be appreciated...
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 12:10 PM   #21448
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm loving the 710 at the moment. Had our first club day in a while and after a few set up issues was mixing it with the national champ in the last race. We were swapping the lead every lap and we were both on for near the track record until a power failure half way through the race ended my chances. My best lap time with my old CD3 was 18sec flat, the 710 I'm in the 16sec bracket. I had done a 17 laps 1 sec run earlier in the day and was on for an 18 laps 5 sec. I was a mix of emotions when the car died, great to be able to mix it with the best, but very dissappointed not to finish and actually get the time, but thats racing.
Greg M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 12:19 PM   #21449
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Help! Engine Screws

Quote:
Originally posted by fulcrum2
Hi there!

I have a serious problem with my engine mount screws (under the chassis) M4x10 #802551

I can�t open two of them. Having them fastened by hand with a Hudy driver and no threadlock a couple of weeks ago, I can�t open two of them with the same driver!
The driver is already broken and the screwheads are badly damaged by now. Here are my questions:

How could this happen? Is the heat of the engine seizing the screws in the chassis?

What can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?

And the most important question, how can I get those screws out?
Drilling? Cut a groove in the head and use a flathead screwdriver? Weld another screw or tool to the heads?

What has worked for you?

Andy advice would be appreciated...
Oops! never heard of this happening.

If the heads are badly damaged, then you'll need to drill the heads out, but you have to be careful and you'll probably need a very hard drill bit.
You drill through the head with a drill bit which has a slightly larger diameter than the screw body itself.
Once you reach the body through the head, the head will simply fall out.
You can then remove your engine and simply unscrew the bodies from the engine block.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 12:40 PM   #21450
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone make an alloy lower front bulkhead? Can't find one by 3 racing?
Greg M is offline   Reply With Quote