Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsmax
Question, has anyone tried the emulsion shocks (hole in cap and foam behind the bladders)?
I haven't tried this ^^ but it's not an emulsion shock, it's still a bladder shock that separates the air from the oil. Emulsion shocks are what is found on AE and Losi 1/10th cars where the air mixes with the oil.

FWIW, the above setup is meant to allow you to have more consistent rebound on the shock instead of relying on just an air bubble behind the bladder. The Losi and X-ray guys like running rebound but their shocks are much shorter stroke than ours, not sure what effect it'd have on a MBX6.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davidka
I haven't tried this ^^ but it's not an emulsion shock, it's still a bladder shock that separates the air from the oil. Emulsion shocks are what is found on AE and Losi 1/10th cars where the air mixes with the oil.

FWIW, the above setup is meant to allow you to have more consistent rebound on the shock instead of relying on just an air bubble behind the bladder. The Losi and X-ray guys like running rebound but their shocks are much shorter stroke than ours, not sure what effect it'd have on a MBX6.
The top of my bladders is always pushed in a bit... Arrrgh
Old 07-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsmax
Question, has anyone tried the emulsion shocks (hole in cap and foam behind the bladders)?
I ordered the losi bladder foams to try this, ive been running foam behind my bladers because they kept collapsing and that was a step forward, hopefully venting the caps makes them more consistant.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smracer31
I ordered the losi bladder foams to try this, ive been running foam behind my bladers because they kept collapsing and that was a step forward, hopefully venting the caps makes them more consistant.
which foams do you have in them? The Mugen bladders are much deeper than the Losi ones so I doubt if the Losi foams will help with the stock bladders againt collapsing.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

That is why I added the comment to clarify the ask about the shock setup.....

JPZ, Overall, the M-SPEC build was good. I re-did the diffs and they were not not quite full and I did have to add locktight to the 2 screws in the front top plate into the steering posts. Other than that, it seems like the setup was consistent with the setup sheet and from one side of the car to the other, even the ride height was good. I have not rebuilt the shocks yet since they felt good (Will be tearing down this week anyway to put Tony's S5 orings in the diffs and re-doing shocks and stuff...).

If you get the truggy let me know, Nick ran ours at Mikes on Saturday and loved it. Setup is pretty spot on for an outdoor/loose track like Mikes, we even ran XTR Revolvers. Will have to play with it a bit for higher traction tracks, but I think that will mainly be the shock location, ride height, rear toe plate and maybe clutch bell. I ran it with a 14T clutchbell for out there (Partly due to size of track and partly due to the fact that Orange head Alpha has ton's of bottom end).
Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

We talk the foam-assisted bladders a few pages back... I'm currently testing it. I don't feel much difference so far, but then again what I was after was shock consistency (due to bladder not collapsing and shock cartridge leaking) rather than performance changes. So far so good.

So far so good. Using losi foams, edges have to be trimmed a bit. The worst part was drilling the caps, Mugen alloy is HARD

Paul
Old 07-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Megacrash

to calm the rear end down on throttle try the following:
- move rear hubs/arms forward
- stiffen rear diff (yes, stiffen... will be harder to drive off throttle though).

Paul
Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by donrod
drop the rear roll center to bottom and you should all the traction you will need.
Cheers Pal ill give that a go

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Megacrash

to calm the rear end down on throttle try the following:
- move rear hubs/arms forward
- stiffen rear diff (yes, stiffen... will be harder to drive off throttle though).

Paul
Hi Paul,

thaks for that i thought a thicker rear diff oil would help

ill also try the hubs as well

Cheers all
Old 07-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Use the upper hole in the rear uprights, that will also give you massive grip.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Paulus
Use the upper hole in the rear uprights, that will also give you massive grip.

The rear uprights do you mean the rollcenter on the rear shocktower as the guy above says to drop that to the bottom????

Slightly confused now
Old 07-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

First try the rear camberlink in the lowest hole on the schoktower, if you then steel need more grip use the upperhole in the rearhub.

Mayby you can give Savoya's european championship setup a try, that was on a very low traction track.

http://www.neobuggy.net/images/News/..._euros2010.pdf
Old 07-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R/C GUS
Is there much difference between the mbx6 and the mbx6 m spec ?
A bit late but thanks for all the info .

cheers
Old 07-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

You should be able to get great traction from the Mugen. I know if you drive hard, it's easy to break all these buggies loose. For my liking, I run a weaker clutch spring. That slows down the snap.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Results may vary but, in my experience, the higher pin location on the hub yields less traction mid corner not more. Higher in location=low roll center...Someone correct me if I'm wrong here

As Donnie mentioned, use the lower hole on the tower, outside on the hub. If that doesn't work, go up in the rear diff and maybe run the rear arms flatter (low position on antisquat).

Last edited by s porter; 07-19-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Somebody tried Losi SMART diff in the centre (or front) on MBX6?
What impressions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.