Bravo To AE!
2011 ROAR
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

RYAN CAVALIERI

RYAN MAIFIELD

Old 06-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yea il check that out how can you tell if there wared out really ?
ive only ran the truck five times im using 1- camber on the front.

but with, the wheels off the ground and the tires off it looks like "2- camber or more but i have to see with the tires on and the truck on the ground.
Ok remove the tire rod end from the sterring knuckel than try to move the sterring knuckel up and down using the arm where the rod end bolts to it. See if u have any play where the sterring knuckel bolts to the c-hub top and bottom. should be a 4mm button head 2.5 hexkey. Dude I'm running 2- to 3- on the front and 2- to 4- on the rear depends on the track and how rutty it gets
Old 06-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Clutch Question

Sorry for the newb questions, but i am new to nitro racing after a long time in electric. I have my 8t built and the bell spins completely free of the engine i.e. bell spins, but fly wheel does not move.. The problem is i put it on the ground for the break in and the car barely moves even at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. If I add a shim it will start to have some resistance while spin and if I add all 3 shims it will not spin freely and turn the fly wheel at the same time.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bt_racing
Sorry for the newb questions, but i am new to nitro racing after a long time in electric. I have my 8t built and the bell spins completely free of the engine i.e. bell spins, but fly wheel does not move.. The problem is i put it on the ground for the break in and the car barely moves even at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. If I add a shim it will start to have some resistance while spin and if I add all 3 shims it will not spin freely and turn the fly wheel at the same time.
Flywheel will not spin freely unless ur motor is shot.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bt_racing
when you spin the flywheel by hand, the piston should go through the stroke of top dead center, if it does not, the clutch nut is not tight enough.

The flywheel should not turn when the clutch bell spins (engine not running of course). The clutch bell should be able to move slightly back and forth, usually the difference in one shim will make it good or too tight.

If the engine is revving and the truck not moving, check the clutch nut for tightness and if the clutch shoes are brand new new they may need to be "seated". Beofre seating the clutch shoes they can slip and not grab the bell to move the truck. Seat the clutch by holding the truck to the ground and giving it throttle without letting the truck move. Do this about 2 or 3 bursts of quick throttle.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default suspension kit

I just purchase the BCE Chassis. Does any one knows what is the parts # for the suspension kit ? I need to do the upgrade and I can't find it.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gabriel2010
I just purchase the BCE Chassis. Does any one knows what is the parts # for the suspension kit ? I need to do the upgrade and I can't find it.
Hi, there is no upgrade kit for the RC8T. The truck is proven with the suspension setup it has now, so as many would say "dont fix it if its not broken." LOL.

Brad Shearer
Old 06-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool Check out Maifield and Cavalieri Nats Interviews!

Check out the Ryan Maifield and Ryan Cavalieri Post Interviews at www.rcinsider.com from the 2011 ROAR 1:8 Off-Road Nats!

www.rcinsider.com
Old 06-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

can anyone give me a brief run down of the changes/part numbers between the original RC8T and the new CE? I just picked up a Mayfield edition CHEAP, and want to update it....

as far as i can tell.. some blue aluminum stuff and the radio tray?

Anyone have any part numbers
Old 06-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
can anyone give me a brief run down of the changes/part numbers between the original RC8T and the new CE? I just picked up a Mayfield edition CHEAP, and want to update it....

as far as i can tell.. some blue aluminum stuff and the radio tray?

Anyone have any part numbers
Derek shoot me a text or call me I will set you up. I even have a radio tray you can have
Old 06-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default rear camber

hey guys, under what track conditions would you run the short upper rear camber length. [ the c hole] in the blue hubs. does it make it tighter or looser, than running the [a] hole! in the blue hubs?
Old 06-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bump
Old 06-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Is their a current got starting setup
Old 06-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Arron,

The "C" hole helps the rear end square up better out of a corner. At least that was what I was told by Saxton when I asked that question at the Nitro Challange this year. Been running that hole location and have liked it more and more as I drive it.

Dlewis,

I assume you are asking for a current goto setup? If so there are two I know of. One is Mayfeild's Nats setup that the "CE" setup is based off of. The second one is from a racer on here, Shane is his name I think. It's posted up on this thread some where, not on AE's site though. If there's another one people are using, I haven't heard of it as those two setups seem to be the most referenced.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Updating of the truggy could be a good thing,

My thinking is if the Buggy updates made that car so much better, than maybe that style of change could make the truck better. Just a guess though. I myself would like to see that happen, but AE's two top guns are still getting it done with the current truck. So it's still a winner, but with the Kyosho set to get an update of some kind and I suspect that Losi may use some of the new ideas on the buggy (radio tray from the nats and what ever else they might be working on) if they work well. If and when those two Mfg.'s do something that outdates the current RC8T, then I would expect an update if the truck is no longer up to snuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.