Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I know Shane. I race with him, at the Ohio RC Factory. He is a swell guy & fast as hell! I race alot, but was just wondering about the short link. I was thinking of trying it on the out door tracks, around here. They start out real loose, in the morning, but at night, the moisture comes out & traction is high. In the winter, at The Ohio RC Factory, I run Shane's setup, but I run stock shocks & 7.10.5 diffs. The track is real high grip, black clay, but the last race I was at, the track was a real tight, outdoor track with some rough areas. I was the only RC8T there. It is always a Losi field on to corners of the track. I rolled over, tryng to run the same speed as the Losi. It was the only place they had me beat. The corners were coming up & over like mole hills & down & hard right or left turns. I thought I had to much traction in the rear, but coming onto the straitaway, there is a turn & I would spin out, if I wasn't careful. I was running the new Sub Cultures, in blue compound. All-in-all, I got my a$$ handed to me! All I heard, after that, by my friend, was "Get a Losi - the RC8T is holding me back!" I want to get the truck better on loose tracks. I know alot of it is me. I drive real hard, so I went back to a stock set up, except I have the shocks in the third hole on the tower & I'm trying the C-hole in the hubs. The next big race for me is the OS Futaba Challenge, in St. Louis. Any advice for that track?!? I have never been there. Do you think 7.7.7 & short link is beter than 7.10.5 & short link? As always, thanks, in advance, for your advice & suggestions!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ArronRC
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I know Shane. I race with him, at the Ohio RC Factory. He is a swell guy & fast as hell! I race alot, but was just wondering about the short link. I was thinking of trying it on the out door tracks, around here. They start out real loose, in the morning, but at night, the moisture comes out & traction is high. In the winter, at The Ohio RC Factory, I run Shane's setup, but I run stock shocks & 7.10.5 diffs. The track is real high grip, black clay, but the last race I was at, the track was a real tight, outdoor track with some rough areas. I was the only RC8T there. It is always a Losi field on to corners of the track. I rolled over, tryng to run the same speed as the Losi. It was the only place they had me beat. The corners were coming up & over like mole hills & down & hard right or left turns. I thought I had to much traction in the rear, but coming onto the straitaway, there is a turn & I would spin out, if I wasn't careful. I was running the new Sub Cultures, in blue compound. All-in-all, I got my a$$ handed to me! All I heard, after that, by my friend, was "Get a Losi - the RC8T is holding me back!" I want to get the truck better on loose tracks. I know alot of it is me. I drive real hard, so I went back to a stock set up, except I have the shocks in the third hole on the tower & I'm trying the C-hole in the hubs. The next big race for me is the OS Futaba Challenge, in St. Louis. Any advice for that track?!? I have never been there. Do you think 7.7.7 & short link is beter than 7.10.5 & short link? As always, thanks, in advance, for your advice & suggestions!!!

you will beat the guys with the losis just work on diffrent setups and driving also

i give you reasons why not to get a losi.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I will be at the Futaba race as well. I ran 7F - 7C - 5R. It worked very well, however, it was a brand new truck at the time, and I was running a "long" link. The truck worked great, and I just missed the bump up spot to the A main of pro last year. I had not even realized that I was running a "long" link, but now that I think about it, a shorter link DEFINETELY would have helped

If you are planning on attending the Futaba race, then definetely go with Ryan Maifield's national winning setup from 2009. The track surfaces are nearly identical!

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...rnats_2009.pdf

Hope this helps
-Brad Shearer
Old 06-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

yea thanks for the info. what tire do you think will work? I have sevens, in blue. Grid Irons in soft, Subcultures in blue, revolvers in M3, Panther raptors in soft. or maybe A Holeshot? should I go whith blue or gold compound? I have never been their and I was told the track is hard on tires.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

yea thanks for the info. what tire do you think will work? I have sevens, in blue. Grid Irons in soft, Subcultures in blue, revolvers in M3, Panther raptors in soft. or maybe A Holeshot? should I go whith blue or gold compound? I have never been their and I was told the track is hard on tires.
Tire wear is going to be moderate at STL, so I would be prepared. I ran Gridirons last year, but they only last about 15 minutes. Subcultures and Cityblocks in soft compound should be the tire of choice for truggy this year. Stay away from the small pin tires, as they will burn off way to quickly. Bring everything you have obviously, but I would start with the Subcultures, then try revolvers, and then the raptors. If you have a chance to obtain a set of cityblocks before then, I would have those ready as well.

Brad
Old 06-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

ALright, I just got Factory Team RC8T for cheap, and have ordered all the update parts that I can find.

What is this "steering mod" that I keep hearing about...
Old 06-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

it's for the buggy. No need for it on the truggy
Old 06-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Actually...the mod is great for truggy. Those who dismiss it haven't run it.

This tank is no Mugen...I have both...you need all the help you can get.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

So what is the mod? Is it mandatory to make it steer better?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have used both the original akerman and the mod setup, both are good and have there place. I'm am currently using the original setup and I think its a little better for me, maybe a tad more forgiving.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxthepersonz
So what is the mod? Is it mandatory to make it steer better?
here's a pic that was used for the original mods. You can just use RC8B parts now...
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-rc8-steering-mod.jpg  
Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Caster Inserts

Hi,
Yesterday I was rebuilding my RC8T for my 2nd race and want to change the caster bushings, I've a lot of spares that comes with the truck and was surprised to found different numbers for blue and red bushings (1801, 1802, 1401, 1402.....etc).

Please help me with this, and I want to know how to combine it, to get correct and different caster angles.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rodrigo360
Hi,
Yesterday I was rebuilding my RC8T for my 2nd race and want to change the caster bushings, I've a lot of spares that comes with the truck and was surprised to found different numbers for blue and red bushings (1801, 1802, 1401, 1402.....etc).

Please help me with this, and I want to know how to combine it, to get correct and different caster angles.

Thanks
The different numbers are for different caster settings. 1401 and 1402 would be used to acheive 14 degrees of caster. 1801 and 1802 would be to get 18 degrees of caster. I beleive the general setting for the RC8T is 16 degrees of caster, which might have already been used with the stuff you received.

Brad
Old 06-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brad S.
The different numbers are for different caster settings. 1401 and 1402 would be used to acheive 14 degrees of caster. 1801 and 1802 would be to get 18 degrees of caster. I beleive the general setting for the RC8T is 16 degrees of caster, which might have already been used with the stuff you received.

Brad
Does it matter if you put a 1401 and 1402 or do you have to put both the same number
Old 06-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Isn't this how you determine caster, I'm not sure those numbers mean much:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/4620072-post3.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.