Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 01-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
dragracecheif: heres the track i race at this was during the summer it was hot as hell outside !
and dry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx5pf...yer_detailpage
I would say that track has similar conditions to what I normally race in during the summer, and if I were to run on that surface I would start at 7-5-7 but thats just me. Have you got your truggy yet?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by dragracechief
I would say that track has similar conditions to what I normally race in during the summer, and if I were to run on that surface I would start at 7-5-7 but thats just me. Have you got your truggy yet?

na, i havnt gotten it yet i have some money to pay back for some other stuff but i am getting it before april most likely.

your track is the same it gets really hot and dry on the track up in vancover wa ?
is that same as vancover canada ?

on, my "eight-t " i ran "7,10,7" but thats a diffrent truggy but 7k on the rear on that codintion it was terrible i could get it to pivot straighter on the throttle but no steering or rotation i did it by accidient lol i still did ok though in the race but it was hard to drive lol .
Old 01-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Vancouver, Wa. not BC and the track is in Oregon. Check out the Rise RC raceway thread in the northwest forum, and in the summer it can be hot and dry.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Vancouver, Wa. not BC and the track is in Oregon. Check out the Rise RC raceway thread in the northwest forum, and in the summer it can be hot and dry.

oh ok yea il check it out man you do live close to british columbia, ca though.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well I did the diffs last night and went with 7-10-5. I didn't put them in the truggy yet. I now may change them according to what a couple of you guys suggested. Maybe I'll try it and have other diffs set up with different diff fluid in them so I can swap them out at the track. Let the testing begin.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sriley
Well I did the diffs last night and went with 7-10-5. I didn't put them in the truggy yet. I now may change them according to what a couple of you guys suggested. Maybe I'll try it and have other diffs set up with different diff fluid in them so I can swap them out at the track. Let the testing begin.
Yeh, thats what I do. I have 2 complete center diffs and 4 f-r diffs so changing is a piece of cake. I think diffs are something you have to figure out yourself.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Prophet

i think 5k on the rear whould work good when the track is moist and packed down are you practiceing at the hut during the winter ?
Old 01-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No I'll practice once the do the new layout closer to the spring.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Prophet

No I'll practice once the do the new layout closer to the spring.

oh, i see i think they will use less "rocky dirt" this time compared to last fall season maybe but i hope they make a techinal layout like last spring i really like that one !

winter is going to slow man lol.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mark K
I can tell ya from my own experience that running 7-7-7 was very hard to drive. When I powered out of the corners, the backend would step out every time. I was new with the truck so I left it alone for a couple of runs figuring that I just had to get used to the truck. After practice and 2 qualifiers, I was having to hard of a time driving it. All I had was 2k, so i put it in the rear diff and went out for the third qualifier and I INSTANTLY felt a difference. The truck was a lot easier to drive (for me) and I could jump on the power sooner at the exit of the corners without the rear end coming around on me at all. Granted, no 2 people will like the same setup, so this is just what I did for my driving style. Since I race at Hobby Hut with sriley that's why I reccomended that diff setup.
I'ts wierd, I believe every thing you said and have seen others do it, but for me pesonally when I go lower than 7 in the rear or higher than 7 in the center the rear of my truck becomes very loose and I have trouble with it. 7-5-7 made it more controllable, testing to resume in the spring.

I disagree with Mark and agree with dragracechief, and that just shows once again how it is all about personal feeleng.

My experience with RC8T has taught me that this truck likes same fluids in front and rear diffs, such as a balanced setup. I like 7-5-7 and stantdard 7-7-7 but don't like light fluid in the rear.
Next i'm gonna try 5-7-5.............. Anyone tryed it????
Old 01-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Hi,

What do you recommend me about diffs for this track? I'm thinking on 7-10-3

Thanks
Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Im running 7-10-3 at my track and im pretty happy with it. But its all personal preference.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Rodrigo360
Hi,

What do you recommend me about diffs for this track? I'm thinking on 7-10-3

Thanks

your, track looks like the kind of surface the track i race at in outdoor season with dry and dusty and loose dirt i think 7,10,3 diff setup but than again its the way the driver likes the feel.

espially in the rear .
im no pro but i can tell what diffrent diff wt do though.

i dont have a rc8t yet just a eight-t 1.0 but i think it similar on most truggys.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Anyone ever try 7/10/7?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Anyone ever try 7/10/7?

i, did in my eight- t i tryed the same setup and 7k on the rear at least on a bumpy and dry track it was terrible it took my steering away and wouldnt rotate .

but when you exit corners 7k in the rear really makes the truggy square straighter better.

like i was saying i think it whould be simlar on most truggy maybe not quite the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.