Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 05-29-2011, 08:21 AM
  #3016  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by rawdawgga
im having a problem with the truggy pushing on power on sweeping turns what can i do to correct this my shocks are 40wt f, 35wt r diffs are 10-10-3 everything else is great. thx for any help

i whould have to say using "10k" on the front can cause that try "7k" in the front diff and try 35w shock oil in the front.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 AM
  #3017  
Tech Adept
 
Jason_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 236
Default

Originally Posted by rawdawgga
im having a problem with the truggy pushing on power on sweeping turns what can i do to correct this my shocks are 40wt f, 35wt r diffs are 10-10-3 everything else is great. thx for any help
Personally I like 7-7-7 with 35wt all the way around, but of course track is going to have a lot to do with it.
Jason_R is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 09:10 AM
  #3018  
Tech Apprentice
 
emancipation007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Santa Clarita,CA
Posts: 96
Default Try this link it should help you

http://jq-products.com/the-news/43-t.../160-the-guide
emancipation007 is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 09:11 AM
  #3019  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,583
Default

Originally Posted by rawdawgga
im having a problem with the truggy pushing on power on sweeping turns what can i do to correct this my shocks are 40wt f, 35wt r diffs are 10-10-3 everything else is great. thx for any help
Have you tried 35wt in front shock or to play with front toe, ride height and camber?
Sylvain is offline  
Old 05-30-2011, 04:12 AM
  #3020  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
king revo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default duh

Originally Posted by emancipation007
first of all your on a truggy thread,and second noone cares about a JQueer buggy.
king revo is offline  
Old 05-30-2011, 07:46 AM
  #3021  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (73)
 
t4ftracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Waretown, New Jersey
Posts: 2,022
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rawdawgga
im having a problem with the truggy pushing on power on sweeping turns what can i do to correct this my shocks are 40wt f, 35wt r diffs are 10-10-3 everything else is great. thx for any help
Check your servo saver tension adjuster.
I can almost guarantee that it has backed off and is too loose causing your on power push. Very common...
t4ftracer is offline  
Old 06-01-2011, 07:03 PM
  #3022  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
hyperfuxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: geneva Illinois
Posts: 1,878
Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Default nosing way up on big jumps

Kinda green when in comes to racing. Especially outdoors. I was hitting this big jump after along straightaway and the truggy would nose up real bad. Would hit the brake and it wouldn't level off. I have factory setup and couldn't figure it out. Any help I would appreciate.
hyperfuxx is offline  
Old 06-01-2011, 07:57 PM
  #3023  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Cheese State
Posts: 36
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Just built my first truggy last summer. I have a couple races under my belt as well as practices. I noticed it pushes in the corners. I have the stock set up in it. Was wondering if I should go with Shane racer's set up or a different kind of set up. Any advice would be great.
harleyhoots is offline  
Old 06-01-2011, 08:02 PM
  #3024  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by hyperfuxx
Kinda green when in comes to racing. Especially outdoors. I was hitting this big jump after along straightaway and the truggy would nose up real bad. Would hit the brake and it wouldn't level off. I have factory setup and couldn't figure it out. Any help I would appreciate.


i have the same problem but im not sure if it was my truck or the jump that was messed up from rain .

come to find out on one left rear shock my shock bladder had a tear on the top of the bladder .

harley: try 1 to 2 degree negative toe out on the front.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-01-2011, 08:02 PM
  #3025  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
Brad S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,834
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by harleyhoots
Just built my first truggy last summer. I have a couple races under my belt as well as practices. I noticed it pushes in the corners. I have the stock set up in it. Was wondering if I should go with Shane racer's set up or a different kind of set up. Any advice would be great.
First thing to do, is try 3000 weight rear diff oil. Any setup from Ryan Maifield works well, but 3000 in the rear diff tends to help the truck turn "quicker".

Brad
Brad S. is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 10:42 AM
  #3026  
Tech Rookie
 
truggyup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NOLA
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
truggyup: have you ever tried 7,10,3

midnight: with, the 3k in the rear it rotates quicker and actually feels more like a buggy somewhat. i

it can be somewhat loose though.

grated i havnt tried diffrent oil setups.

Sorry for the delay TC5 Man, "WORKING". OK no never tried 7-10-3. 7-7-7 was ok but 7-7-3 was awsome until the left turn started getting wider. Now I have replaced all front componets, new brakes, and new center shafts. It seems to have worked, but I've changed to many things at once to pin point what fixed the problem. LMAO
truggyup is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 11:08 AM
  #3027  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by truggyup
Sorry for the delay TC5 Man, "WORKING". OK no never tried 7-10-3. 7-7-7 was ok but 7-7-3 was awsome until the left turn started getting wider. Now I have replaced all front componets, new brakes, and new center shafts. It seems to have worked, but I've changed to many things at once to pin point what fixed the problem. LMAO



no problem, thats good yea i was running "7,10,3 but now im trying" 7,10,5 the more the i drove with 3k in the rear i dint like it as much it rotated to fast and at times the rear end got pretty loose.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 11:30 AM
  #3028  
Tech Rookie
 
truggyup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NOLA
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
no problem thats good yea i was running "7,10,3 but now im trying" 7,10,5 the more the i drove with 3k in the rear i dint like it as much it rotated to fast and at times the rear end got pretty loose.
Yeah I hear ya. I like the loose rear. My home track is tight so it helps me set up for the turns. I have also started to ply wit anti-squat and ride hight. i found more squat more off power steering. Now you loose some on power steering so I decrease the rear ride hight to slow down the rotation. Now the truck feel good again wit the v-spec,but the .25max IDK......

Last edited by truggyup; 06-02-2011 at 12:03 PM.
truggyup is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 11:34 AM
  #3029  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by truggyup
Yeah I hear ya. I like the loose rear. My home track is tight so it helps me set up for the turns. I have also started to ply wit anti-squat and ride hight. i found more squat more off power steering. Now you loose some on power steering so I increase the rear ride hight to slow down the rotation. Now the truck feel good again wit the v-spec,but the .25max IDK......


yea my, track is big no real big though but the layout is techinal i can handle the rear loose somewhat but i dont like it when it rotates to fast . i am going to use the ride height gauge this time insend of doing it by eye.

im still learing the tuning on this truck theres a lot of setttings.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 04:53 PM
  #3030  
Tech Apprentice
 
emancipation007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Santa Clarita,CA
Posts: 96
Default

The set up info is the same for all cars based on a buggy.Grow up!!!!!!!

Last edited by emancipation007; 06-03-2011 at 09:27 PM.
emancipation007 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.