Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default only you

Originally Posted by tc5 man
the, plastic servo horn for the throttle the teeth on the bottom striped out on me for some reason it was fiting a little tight and not comeing off easy i tried a diffrent servo "plastic servo horn" from my losi i know it wont work but it mounted on easyer and i could center the horn better.

the plastic servo horn fit on nice and smooth and came off smooth also.

it was the right servo horn to fit a futaba servo it said #1 on it.

so what kind of alum throttle servo horn do you guys remmend thats the same as the stock rc8t horn ?
put the right one on and it wont strip,stop mentioning your junk losi also.. 5 guys said dont mention your degenerate slosi anymore.. its month 2 on your build,you sound like complete remedial with all these questions... why do you remain oblivious to people recomending videos, or read before posting dumb questions... you just dont give a damn about this thread,the worst damn thing that you did and worst thing to happen to this thread is you buying an AE.. dude SPELL CHECK you have a SPECIAL language,your own... everyone told you what aluminum horn to use the other day when you asked if your junk losi horn would work,you must have forgotten you wrote that and people took time out to recommend you which one to use... lay off those mind inhibiting chemicals bro,your fried.. your a sad case of i need attention,so sad you dont listen to anyone and screw up the interest in this thread... people disregard his questions,and hell post more on "i need a brain,i mean a friend thread.".. answering him is like feeding a disease,no more food and he will fade away... dude beat it, go to a special summer camp or something.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

TC,

The stock Associated horns do fit pretty tight. I assume it is in part because of the little blue alum. ring that goes on the bottom. It's supposed to help keep the horn from stripping out. The steering horn on the truggy is a bit hit or miss with guys. I know one racer than has yet to have an issue, but know a few others that weren't so lucky. I went all alum. on the horns. Peice of mind I suppose.

Set the servo at 0 on the radio and get the horn on as close to straight as possible. It's usually off some one way or the other. From there you have to use your sub trim (if you radio has that) to center the horn straight like the man. shows. If not you might just have to run it slightly off from "true" straight. It'll work, but won't look right.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
TC,

The stock Associated horns do fit pretty tight. I assume it is in part because of the little blue alum. ring that goes on the bottom. It's supposed to help keep the horn from stripping out. The steering horn on the truggy is a bit hit or miss with guys. I know one racer than has yet to have an issue, but know a few others that weren't so lucky. I went all alum. on the horns. Peice of mind I suppose.

Set the servo at 0 on the radio and get the horn on as close to straight as possible. It's usually off some one way or the other. From there you have to use your sub trim (if you radio has that) to center the horn straight like the man. shows. If not you might just have to run it slightly off from "true" straight. It'll work, but won't look right.

the, "blue alum ring" was on there it was the thicker one with the thick washer yea i was wondering what it was for i guess you have to use the ring on the throttle arm even though it makes it dam tight .

i, never saw the arm for the throttle that had a "F" on it just a" I " or a # 1 for my futaba servo not a big deal though il just buy a pack of them.

i know about centering servos i been doing it for a while
thanks for the help though.

im just trying out the plastic arm for the steering i like how it fitted with the thin ring on it.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i been doing it for a while
thanks for the help though.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

It's all good TC,

Sometimes guys will forget about the sub trim when trying to properly center/setup the servo horns. Makes sence, since many radios don't have that feature. Makes it a lot easier to set things up when you do have it.

I also went and checked my box of stock servo horns. I have a bunch. The steering horns all had letters. The throttle horns had some that had letters and some that had numbers. The ones that had numbers did have letters, but they were very small and in a strange spot to see. Don't know if they made a running change to them as I have not bought any new horns.

The numbers are:

1=A
2=H
3=J
4=H

Should you need to know for future reference.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow, all those hours wasted.

Support your local hobby shop.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tc dynamite makes alu. throttle horns and they come futuba so u can use that and get urself a racers edge steering servo horn they work the best but i guess u don't look at pictures and you would have saw that ........u better here up finish ur build u have only a week until the hut opens racing and the way ur going u wont make it ...............u should have had this truck built in 2 days max so that u could have been out practicing with it not on here clogging the thread up with useless crap .....
Old 04-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BigThyperST

here is the racers edge steering servo arm it works the best out of all of them and i use the alu. dynamite throttle horn never had an issue with either one and ur servo saver should be tight never loose and i run on very hard surface
I know that truggy!! Excellent car!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i have never broken anything while running aluminum horns on both steering and throttle so i dont know where u get ur info from and it is way better then the stock plastic when using metal gear servos so that you dont strip the horn and if you look at the racers edge horn your not bending that ..
I think if you read back threw this thread you'll find that when this topic comes up you'll see a few people having issues with bending arms or damaging servos with ally horns, i.e. Brandons post on the previous page. I would rather replace a plastic horn than a set of servo gears or servo any day, if I had too, which I haven't had to in two years. I look at it as the weak link thats gonna save my $150.00 servos, along with a properly set servo saver.

Last edited by reeltech; 04-08-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Prophet

tc dynamite makes alu. throttle horns and they come futuba so u can use that and get urself a racers edge steering servo horn they work the best but i guess u don't look at pictures and you would have saw that ........u better here up finish ur build u have only a week until the hut opens racing and the way ur going u wont make it ...............u should have had this truck built in 2 days max so that u could have been out practicing with it not on here clogging the thread up with useless crap .....

it will be ready for the hut im just waiting for my starter box and a diffrent clutch to come in the mail .

the hut is 49 min away from my house im not going there to just practice gas= $$.

im done everything expect the clutch setup and the linkage setup and camber toe.

i will take a look at the alum throttle horn .
i will get the alum steering horn soon.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 071crazy
Wow, all those hours wasted.

Support your local hobby shop.
Thats like giving Jacques Cousteau a tour guide or buying a word puzzle book thats already completed! Where is the adventure? Dont be SILLY thats to EASY!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

TC5 you better go plastic. Pay attention to what people are telling you. Easier to replace the horn then the servo. AE horns work great and if you stripped it its because you goofed up again Keep firing away TC5 man your not a Tech Champion for nothing with 6,701 POST.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

and what's really sad is that he has the MOST posts of anyone ever in this thread. 50 more than the second place person, and 5 times more than the highest AE sponsored driver, Brandon.

So, let's pose a hypothetical situation here:

I'm a noob and I come in this thread and see the Tech Champion posting like crazy, guess who I'd be inclined to ask a question?...
Old 04-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reeltech
I think if you read back threw this thread you'll find that when this topic comes up you'll see a few people having issues with bending arms or damaging servos with ally horns, i.e. Brandons post on the previous page. I would rather replace a plastic horn than a set of servo gears or servo any day, if I had too, which I haven't had to in two years. I look at it as the weak link thats gonna save my $150.00 servos, along with a properly set servo saver.
LOL, I ran a race in December where it was cold out, and I knew I was running a risk with the plastic horn, and just as you stated, I told myself I would rather break the cheap part than my servo. My pit pal and best friend was making fun of me, saying "you're going to break that". I looked at him and told him he would break his servo instead. Well, long story short, I broke it when I hit another truck in warm up, I went to the pits and after my "minute grace" I started late and missed two laps. I still beat him when he DNF'd at the 20 minute mark from a BROKEN servo, lol. Guess which horn he runs now. That's the only one I ever broke, and the main was at night in December, all plastic breaks that cold.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Talking

I run the plastic horns to have tried aluminum way to hard on stuff and usually bend a little after few weeks of run time I found some beefy ones made by du Bro thought I would give those a try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.