Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 04-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Brandon, seriously... when are you gonna bring me a buggy update kit?

Old 04-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz
and what's really sad is that he has the MOST posts of anyone ever in this thread. 50 more than the second place person, and 5 times more than the highest AE sponsored driver, Brandon.

So, let's pose a hypothetical situation here:

I'm a noob and I come in this thread and see the Tech Champion posting like crazy, guess who I'd be inclined to ask a question?...
LOL You have a good point. LMAO With 6,701 Post you would think that the "TECH CHAMPION" is answering question not asking them. In fact your post are so high because your having trouble with every part of this build. TC5 Man it just goes to show that YES YOU NEED TO GO TO YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOP. And not only should you support them see if you can get an internship or do volunteer work. Trust me the benefits will be endless for you.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
LOL, I ran a race in December where it was cold out, and I knew I was running a risk with the plastic horn, and just as you stated, I told myself I would rather break the cheap part than my servo. My pit pal and best friend was making fun of me, saying "you're going to break that". I looked at him and told him he would break his servo instead. Well, long story short, I broke it when I hit another truck in warm up, I went to the pits and after my "minute grace" I started late and missed two laps. I still beat him when he DNF'd at the 20 minute mark from a BROKEN servo, lol. Guess which horn he runs now. That's the only one I ever broke, and the main was at night in December, all plastic breaks that cold.
That's a great example. The question was ask which is better AE stock horn or an Alloy. Hopefully it sinks in to people whom keep asking over and over the same question.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

He will after I get mine.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Josh,

You better watch what you ask for, he may give you the same "upgrade kit" he gave me... a couple of parts numbers I needed to order and a Dremel tool bit! LOL
Old 04-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

no joke!

c'mon Melton, give it up!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I see these posts all the time: Aluminum horn vs. plastic horn. I just gotta ask this: WHy not the best of both worlds and just do a heavy duty servo saver like the one from AE? Or even an aluminum servo saver version of it?
Old 04-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

good question,

I think it's kind of a Ford vs. Chevy thing with guys. I have ran both and on a truggy, I've always felt the alum. horns were better for "me". I am running a 7950 HV Hitec servo on steering, which is way over kill on the torque side. I don't know how well plastic horns would hold up with that kind of torque. With a lesser servo in there, they'd probably be fine. Of course having the servo saver set right can make or brake things. I run mine on the tighter side than the man. suggests.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default starter box

I just finished building my rc8t.I don't know which starter box is best ae or ofna truggy box. I think the ofna box might be expensive, because of the two lipo batteries, lipo charger. I’m hoping the ae box will do. Which starter box are you guys using on your rc8t?
Old 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I run 2 2400 nimh packs in my OFNA box which is hands down the best starter box Ive owned or used. I have lipos in everything else but dont use one in the starter box because if you over discharge a lipo its finished but if I run the nimh packs dead they'll just charge back up. My buddy uses a 12v gel cell in his but it weighs a freakin ton.

TC5 you still working on that truggy build? My god dude you certainly arent in a hurry. I bought a rc8be last week and Ive already been running it around the house. I hadnt even thought about buying one until you were 3 weeks into your build FYI I run an aluminum horn on the truggy steering but all other vehicles Ive always run plastic. The rc8be I built last week has a plastic one on it.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
I run 2 2400 nimh packs in my OFNA box which is hands down the best starter box Ive owned or used. I have lipos in everything else but dont use one in the starter box because if you over discharge a lipo its finished but if I run the nimh packs dead they'll just charge back up. My buddy uses a 12v gel cell in his but it weighs a freakin ton.

TC5 you still working on that truggy build? My god dude you certainly arent in a hurry. I bought a rc8be last week and Ive already been running it around the house. I hadnt even thought about buying one until you were 3 weeks into your build FYI I run an aluminum horn on the truggy steering but all other vehicles Ive always run plastic. The rc8be I built last week has a plastic one on it.

well i got a diffrent clutch the ansency 34mm clutch kit and i ran into a few other problems and striped a plastic throttle servo horn .

im going to try out the plastic horn on the steering servo and see how it goes.

its pretty much done just need to do the camber droop etc and paint the body.

il likely have even more time since this weekend looks crap racing wise.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emancipation007
I just finished building my rc8t.I don't know which starter box is best ae or ofna truggy box. I think the ofna box might be expensive, because of the two lipo batteries, lipo charger. Iím hoping the ae box will do. Which starter box are you guys using on your rc8t?
I use an ofna that looks almost exactly like the AE box.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am also thinking of switching to Lipo in my starter box. Just battery and a Real GOOD Lipo charger are expensive.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
I am also thinking of switching to Lipo in my starter box. Just battery and a Real GOOD Lipo charger are expensive.

www.hobbypartz.com its in the usa cali.

i bought a charger for the lipos and nimh etc and it has a balance mode for the lipos and the plugs etc for $50 its a dignal charger.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
www.hobbypartz.com its in the usa cali.

i bought a charger for the lipos and nimh etc and it has a balance mode for the lipos and the plugs etc for $50 its a dignal charger.
The Hyperion Charger is what I want to get.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-7S-20A-500W

and these batteries x3-5..
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...C-148V-2200mAh

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.