Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 04-06-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the stock gold rear sway bar back yo back with the silver 2.5? I've been running the 2.5 lately and the truck feels alot better everywhere accept mid turn.. I feel like I've lost some steering with it. ....I need to start working on my setup. I useually end up with a decent bit of toe out cause I like the feel of alot of steering. But I think that causes my mid corner push.. or takes away from my on power steering? Make sense? Basically im looking for a change to go to that will keep my twitchy turn in and not have to baby it to finish the turn. That's what I feel like im doing now. Im thinking about changing up the diffs from 777 to something else..any input?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Every losi horn I've seen or tried to use they were all to short. Why not use the one that came with your truggy? The plastic one. It works really well. But if you have to have an aluminum one, the answer horns will fit.

i dont know man about using the plastic servo horn on the truggy my track can get rough i dont know if it whould hold up.

will it hold up for a full day of racing it is pretty thick though for a plastic servo horn but what about the flex ?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
whould, the losi eight alum horn work on the rc8t i have one from my old losi truggy and looks like the teeth are still good on it ?
I use these horns for everything. Monster truck, truggy, buggy, DM-1... anything that doesn't require a Kimbrough horn.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Lapper
I use these horns for everything. Monster truck, truggy, buggy, DM-1... anything that doesn't require a Kimbrough horn.

the plastic servo horns your talking about ?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

The Losi aluminum ones. Love em. I think Answer Racing makes some nice ones too but I personally haven't used them yet. I try to steer away from ANY plastic on the horns. No plastic horns and no plastic inserts. Just 100% aluminum.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Lapper
The Losi aluminum ones. Love em. I think Answer Racing makes some nice ones too but I personally haven't used them yet. I try to steer away from ANY plastic on the horns. No plastic horns and no plastic inserts. Just 100% aluminum.

oh well il try and see if the losi alum arm works on my rc8t than.

i whouldnt use the plastic servo horn that came on the 1/8 losi thats for sure.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i dont know man about using the plastic servo horn on the truggy my track can get rough i dont know if it whould hold up.

will it hold up for a full day of racing it is pretty thick though for a plastic servo horn but what about the flex ?
As long as you put the blue aluminum ring on the servo horn (that part that goes over the servo spline) it'll be fine. I ran it on my buggy all last year with zero issues at all.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Prophet

As long as you put the blue aluminum ring on the servo horn (that part that goes over the servo spline) it'll be fine. I ran it on my buggy all last year with zero issues at all.

have you ran the plastic servo horn with the ring on it on the rc8t ?
if it last at least a full day of racing its cool.

i know a plastic horn holds up on 1/8 buggys fine.

im guessing using the alum ring will take out the flex right ?

mgtmadness2007: dam you bent the alum servo horn before you must of been driving pretty hard lol.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use an alum horn(doubled up) on my RC8T FT. I have bent aluminum ones before. I have plans to go with plastic AE horn on my Buggy though.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Yes I run it on my truggy as well. It works fine, no issues. With the Losi horns I couldn't get max steering. That's why I'm recommending the stock plastic ones or the answer horns.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Yes I run it on my truggy as well. It works fine, no issues. With the Losi horns I couldn't get max steering. That's why I'm recommending the stock plastic ones or the answer horns.

so, with the losi alum horns you coulnt get max throw yea i woulnt use it than so with the alum ring does that take the flex out that plastic horns can create ?

il try it.

brandon: ok yea i never ran my servo savers locked anyways il make sure i have 5 threads showing on the steering saver.
does it hold up good on a track that can get rough at times ?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

horns- if you do not run your servo saver locked, the kit plastic horns are fine, this is what I've been using. everytime I put on a bad ass don't bend aluminum horn the servo blows out.

Losi Aluminum horn- DON'T use it, it's not long enough, the steering rod links will hit the servo case before you even get near full throw of steering. I used the racers edge which was barely long enough but I would have liked longer. The first day I used the racers edge is when I lost a hitec (supposed to be bullet proof) servo. I run my saver with about 5 threads showing and a plastic horn with no issues unless it's below about 45 degrees, then anything plastic starts breaking.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
horns- if you do not run your servo saver locked, the kit plastic horns are fine, this is what I've been using. everytime I put on a bad ass don't bend aluminum horn the servo blows out.

Losi Aluminum horn- DON'T use it, it's not long enough, the steering rod links will hit the servo case before you even get near full throw of steering. I used the racers edge which was barely long enough but I would have liked longer. The first day I used the racers edge is when I lost a hitec (supposed to be bullet proof) servo. I run my saver with about 5 threads showing and a plastic horn with no issues unless it's below about 45 degrees, then anything plastic starts breaking.
Thanks Brandon. I may have to switch out my metal horn in my truggy for the plastic.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

That stock plastic worked fine for me. I switched to the answer aluminum just cause its longer. The only time i've had issues bending arms or breaking servos is like brandon said with the saver being to tight
Old 04-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

here is the racers edge steering servo arm it works the best out of all of them and i use the alu. dynamite throttle horn never had an issue with either one and ur servo saver should be tight never loose and i run on very hard surface

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.