Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 04-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigThyperST

here is the racers edge steering servo arm it works the best out of all of them and i use the alu. dynamite throttle horn never had an issue with either one and ur servo saver should be tight never loose and i run on very hard surface
Them racers edge arms are what I would like to try someday. They seem pretty beefy.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've been running the same stock plastic AE horn for two years without any issues what so ever. There is no need for an aluminum horn unless you like to see things bent or broken.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reeltech
I've been running the same stock plastic AE horn for two years without any issues what so ever. There is no need for an aluminum horn unless you like to see things bent or broken.
i have never broken anything while running aluminum horns on both steering and throttle so i dont know where u get ur info from and it is way better then the stock plastic when using metal gear servo's so that you dont strip the horn and if you look at the racers edge horn your not bending that ..
Old 04-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Prophet

the, plastic servo horn for the throttle the teeth on the bottom striped out on me for some reason it was fiting a little tight and not comeing off easy i tried a diffrent servo "plastic servo horn" from my losi i know it wont work but it mounted on easyer and i could center the horn better.

the plastic servo horn fit on nice and smooth and came off smooth also.

it was the right servo horn to fit a futaba servo it said #1 on it.

so what kind of alum throttle servo horn do you guys remmend thats the same as the stock rc8t horn ?
Old 04-07-2011, 05:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I never had issue with the stock plastic horns. Use the right horn for your servo and adjust your EPA correctly and you'll never have problem

The Answer-RC ones look nice too.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Sylvain
I never had issue with the stock plastic horns. Use the right horn for your servo and adjust your EPA correctly and you'll never have problem

The Answer-RC ones look nice too.

oh well the bottom teeth on it are striped and it wont fit now .
Old 04-07-2011, 06:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What servo do you have?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Sylvain
What servo do you have?

futaba s9451 dignal servo for the throttle.

i havnt ran the truck yet the servo horn is brand new.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
the, plastic servo horn for the throttle the teeth on the bottom striped out on me for some reason it was fiting a little tight and not comeing off easy i tried a diffrent servo "plastic servo horn" from my losi i know it wont work but it mounted on easyer and i could center the horn better.

the plastic servo horn fit on nice and smooth and came off smooth also.

it was the right servo horn to fit a futaba servo it said #1 on it.

so what kind of alum throttle servo horn do you guys remmend thats the same as the stock rc8t horn ?
i have futaba servos (BLS351 for throttle) and i use the RC8T servo horn, it is tough to get on but one thing i know is you cant force it, make sure the teeth line up, you feel them catch and then slide it down. sounds to me that your trying to center it before even getting the horn on which is the number one thing not to do, get it on then center. the AE plastic horns are really tough.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I don't think you have the right horn. AE servo horns don't have numbers, they have A, H, F, or J. You need the F version. If you can't tell, count the splines.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i have futaba servos (BLS351 for throttle) and i use the RC8T servo horn, it is tough to get on but one thing i know is you cant force it, make sure the teeth line up, you feel them catch and then slide it down. sounds to me that your trying to center it before even getting the horn on which is the number one thing not to do, get it on then center. the AE plastic horns are really tough.

i though your supposed to center the servo at 0 before you put the horn on .

i always done that with no problems on the throttle/sterring .

r/c lidz : no it was the right one the others dint fit at all.
it did fit on the horn right at first but when i took i off a few times it just got striped it was tight though i can tell you that.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

i though your supposed to center the servo at 0 before you put the horn on .

i always done that with no problems on the throttle/sterring .

r/c lidz : no it was the right one the others dint fit at all.
it did fit on the horn right at first but when i took i off a few times it just got striped it was tight though i can tell you that.
yes have it at 0 but sounds like your wanting the servo horn straight too instead of letting it go in the grooves correctly and then set it right, mine isnt on 0 now and i leave it and dont try to put it on 0 everytime.

RClidz, i was the thinking the same thing, i was thinking mine had the letter F on it LOL
Old 04-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Prophet

yes have it at 0 but sounds like your wanting the servo horn straight too instead of letting it go in the grooves correctly and then set it right, mine isnt on 0 now and i leave it and dont try to put it on 0 everytime.

RClidz, i was the thinking the same thing, i was thinking mine had the letter F on it LOL

i, set it at 0 and try to get the horn as straight as i can and than press the arm on usally from previous plastic arms on the throttle it slides on smooth but not this one.

it was the only plastic arm in the kit that did fit on it but it was tight not smooth.

it dint have a letter prited on it it just said #1 which was likely said I on it.
i dint see any of them that had the letter F on it so thats likely why.

so im going to look at a alum horn for it.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

i, set it at 0 and try to get the horn as straight as i can and than press the arm on usally from previous plastic arms on the throttle it slides on smooth but not this one.

it was the only plastic arm in the kit that did fit on it but it was tight not smooth.

it dint have a letter prited on it it just said #1 which was likely said I on it.
i dint see any of them that had the letter F on it so thats likely why.

so im going to look at a alum horn for it.
its tough to get on, i get it down half way by hand than have to use the screw to get it the rest of the way on, i would use it and not worry about it... its kinda a good thing its tough to get on, if your screw comes out of the servo it will stay on
Old 04-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Prophet

its tough to get on, i get it down half way by hand than have to use the screw to get it the rest of the way on, i would use it and not worry about it... its kinda a good thing its tough to get on, if your screw comes out of the servo it will stay on

well i have to buy a new one now hopefully i get a arm that says F on it with the other throttle arms.

i think that the one that says F on it will go on tight but smooth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.