Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #2296
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomradio View Post
Keep in mind it's only one guy who seems to be displeased with the car. I also previously had a Cyclone and don't miss it one bit. The E4 has it's pluses and minuses like every touring car platform.
Its very hard to compare a Cyclone to the E4. The Cyclone has more than proven it is a world class touring car with a Worlds and National victories against the best drivers and cars in the world.

I didn't see any E4's winning World titles liet alone even making an A main at these events. You seen Losi, Associate, HotBodies, Tamiya, Kyosho, and Schumacher either have World Titles or National Titles.

I never seen a E4 win any MAJOR event. I even think the car is pretty cool and still might purchase one for a 2nd car to mess with but in my eyes it just hasn't been up to par with the proven best touring cars out on the market today.

Support for the car is low and even Wolf Hobbies isn't on this thread a ton but on occasion they do stop by and offer some advice but I think it would go along way to see alot more Team Support for this car. RC TEch is one of the best forums to do this and has huge World Wide support so it can't hurt to post on here more. I figure they are busy and it makes it hard to get on and check this site all the time. I'm lucky I have time aftrer work and even during work depending how busy I am.

Hell I'm not the best driver around but if I ran for TM or Wolf I would be posting alot about the car and my findings. I have 19k posts so I'm sure I would have something to say about the car.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)

Last edited by wyd; 07-30-2009 at 01:30 PM.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #2297
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the car has plenty of potential...they just dont have any of the caliber drivers that the major teams have..barry baker ran the car in its original form and put it in the a a t iic a couple of years ago...im sure if they had someone of the other teams caliber, it would be very competitive. not busting on dave, he is a great driver, but not a top level driver in that aspect..if you try this car you wont be dissapointed..it is one of the most consistant cars i have ever driven on carpet, and im sure it is good on asphalt also..
Old 07-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #2298
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am cornholio View Post
the car has plenty of potential...they just dont have any of the caliber drivers that the major teams have..barry baker ran the car in its original form and put it in the a a t iic a couple of years ago...im sure if they had someone of the other teams caliber, it would be very competitive. not busting on dave, he is a great driver, but not a top level driver in that aspect..if you try this car you wont be dissapointed..it is one of the most consistant cars i have ever driven on carpet, and im sure it is good on asphalt also..
Are you currently running the car anywhere? I see your from Baltimore so I not sure if you run at 301, Frederick, Glen Burnie or Mimis. I know I'm going to the regionals at Blue Diamond in September and going to try to go to Mushroom Bowl for their big race. I'm looking to go to Frederick for the Nats as well so maybe I will catch you running the car sometime soon if your still running it.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #2299
Suspended

hey wyd....im not in baltimore anymore, moved back to hometown of phx arizona...i odnt run the car on asphalt, but do on carpet, i might make it back to baltimore, i love mimis, it was the only place i raced there, course i was only there for a couple of months, but like the atmosphere there...i forgot to say that if you are worried about drag, ran cooper made the a main in 17.5 at snowbirds in rubber tire, and he was the only unsponsored guy in the a..its rally not the belts, its the bearings that cause most of the drag.. i will look you up if your up in the maryland area, and you can check out car in person
Old 08-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #2300
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am cornholio View Post
hey wyd....im not in baltimore anymore, moved back to hometown of phx arizona...i odnt run the car on asphalt, but do on carpet, i might make it back to baltimore, i love mimis, it was the only place i raced there, course i was only there for a couple of months, but like the atmosphere there...i forgot to say that if you are worried about drag, ran cooper made the a main in 17.5 at snowbirds in rubber tire, and he was the only unsponsored guy in the a..its rally not the belts, its the bearings that cause most of the drag.. i will look you up if your up in the maryland area, and you can check out car in person
Cool. I hope to see you sometime in the future. Mimis is under going a huge face lift. If you didn't see it yet check out The Track thread and take a look at the pics. Going to be super nice when its done.

I been going thru this whole thread reading everything and catching up some on what has evolved over the last year. From reading everything so far the car did get alot of good reviews and has a few minor issues like many cars do so not a big deal. I watched a few videos as well and the ones I saw the car was easily competitive. A good setup for any car will cure 99% of the problems. Everyone told me my MI2EC wouldn't work great but I probably did my best overall with that car. Main reason is I stuck with it and just made improvements in the handling every week and made alot af people eat their words. I always like to run stuff that is not as popular and it has never hrut me in the past 25 years and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

How I do is up to me and I have no one to blame but me so I like it that way.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #2301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

qauled 3rd finished 3rd runinig in VTA w/ a e4 js ....really really happy with the car
RCP Customs-RC Juice
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #2302
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
qauled 3rd finished 3rd runinig in VTA w/ a e4 js ....really really happy with the car
For the price tht seems like a great car for the VTA class. Might have to think about that if I want to get into VTA racing.

Is your car bone stock? Did you clean out the bearings at all?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:04 AM   #2303
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
For the price tht seems like a great car for the VTA class. Might have to think about that if I want to get into VTA racing.

and the #248 hpi side belt. or try shinning up the mid block to losen the front belt. 0.030 inches ought to do it.
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #2304
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
and the #248 hpi side belt. or try shinning up the mid block to losen the front belt. 0.030 inches ought to do it.
Sounds like you messed with one before.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #2305
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

Quote:
Sounds like you messed with one before.
More like 3 of them. :P
An E4 Carpet ed., one optimized for rubber and carpet. and the D.E. ride...
Okay okay , the first one is a friends car but I hooked him up right.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #2306
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
I thought the belt was HPI A748
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=HPIC2748&P=K
Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #2307
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
Umm okay ... my bad . ty slakr
Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #2308
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:

I cleaned the bearings while they were in the car ...im lazy i know

AE springs blue/front green/rear ...tightened front diff down...moved rear shocks in one hole on tower.....stock shock oil 30wt?=300.... still messing with ride height its at 8-9mm right know ..but its handling so good...104spur 51pinion largest combo that will fit, 21.5 havok BL system,jr8800s servo,smc 24c 2s 4100mah lipo and i have a 5200mah for tracks that allow it ..esc fitts snug on chassis air vent and u have to remove a small brace to get motor in, very easy though ...had to trim foam bumper to fit the 'cuda body ...my belts feel fine just tightened the middle belt tensioner slightly to keep it from jumping teeth
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-tm-cuda-f-2-.jpg  
RCP Customs-RC Juice
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #2309
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Umm okay ... my bad . ty slakr
NP, Just trying to help. I have the E4JS and it is a pretty decent car for the $. I think I saw Marcos post that part number up one time, but personally... I haven't tried that belt yet.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:30 AM   #2310
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
I cleaned the bearings while they were in the car ...im lazy i know

AE springs blue/front green/rear ...tightened front diff down...moved rear shocks in one hole on tower.....stock shock oil 30wt?=300.... still messing with ride height its at 8-9mm right know ..but its handling so good...104spur 51pinion largest combo that will fit, 21.5 havok BL system,jr8800s servo,smc 24c 2s 4100mah lipo and i have a 5200mah for tracks that allow it ..esc fitts snug on chassis air vent and u have to remove a small brace to get motor in, very easy though ...had to trim foam bumper to fit the 'cuda body ...my belts feel fine just tightened the middle belt tensioner slightly to keep it from jumping teeth
Looks great. If I do a VTA car I would go with the Cuda body as well. I think that is the main reason why I want to do a VTA car down the road.

I'm not up much on the VTA rules but do they make you run a certain overall gearing? I thought I saw that 4.21 is the ratio for this class but not 100% on that.