R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #2266
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Have you had a chance to run the car again?
yep sure did, still loving it
RCP Customs-RC Juice
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #2267
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
Tires are not unglued
Check them every heat before and after running.
If i lift the car up in the middel there isn't a problem as both wheels come of the ground at the same time.
It is when lifting the left rear tire of the ground that the chassis flex more then when i lift the right rear tire.
Can't figure out why it is doing that.
On he straight it's ok and in left corners also but comming out of a hairpin and then slamming the gas down it go's bananas and that is in 2 corners who are almost the same and both to the right

cheers Roy
Droop.. bent shafts , hinge pins, torn tire ... how could anyone say without at least holding the car?
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #2268
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Tires are not unglued
Check them every heat before and after running.
If i lift the car up in the middel there isn't a problem as both wheels come of the ground at the same time.
It is when lifting the left rear tire of the ground that the chassis flex more then when i lift the right rear tire.
Can't figure out why it is doing that.
On he straight it's ok and in left corners also but comming out of a hairpin and then slamming the gas down it go's bananas and that is in 2 corners who are almost the same and both to the right

cheers Roy
You said you have 2 identical E4RS, 1 is all good but 1 is kicking out at the 180 or left turn.....I am with WYD thinks your TIRES are the one doing that. Do this...swarp the tires from the good E4RS onto the other one and give that a try...may be simply just swarp the rear tires only, but if you can, swarp the whole set.

I highly doubt it is the SETTING of the car that will give you 180.....kicking out 180 is definitely either something in transmission department is binding, broken parts or your tires is not gribbing the surface due to unglue or splitting.

I had similar situation occured on outdoor parking lot, and indoor carpet track. Once I sees the car doing this, I always found 1 of the rear tire's sidewall are unglued. Happened almost all the time in every cases.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #2269
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
You said you have 2 identical E4RS, 1 is all good but 1 is kicking out at the 180 or left turn.....I am with WYD thinks your TIRES are the one doing that. Do this...swarp the tires from the good E4RS onto the other one and give that a try...may be simply just swarp the rear tires only, but if you can, swarp the whole set.

I highly doubt it is the SETTING of the car that will give you 180.....kicking out 180 is definitely either something in transmission department is binding, broken parts or your tires is not gribbing the surface due to unglue or splitting.

I had similar situation occured on outdoor parking lot, and indoor carpet track. Once I sees the car doing this, I always found 1 of the rear tire's sidewall are unglued. Happened almost all the time in every cases.
The upper deck might be broken where the wings mount for stiffening the chassis. I'm currently waiting for my new one to arrive. 503232 new top deck
Old 07-27-2009, 01:13 AM   #2270
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Took the car apart last night.
Checked all the mentioned things as hingpins,shaft,shafts shocks(again),upper deck and chassis.
Nothing broken or bent and the tires i had on them are ok.
Used on yesterdays race on the other car (the good one) and no troubles with the tires either.
Gonna rebuild the car using the chassis and top plate from the E4FS i have and then look what happends.
Looked also at the left plastic top deck mount and that gives a lot of flex that is unwanted at least i don't want it .
Going to get me a alloy one and see if that helps after i try the E4FS chassis.
If it is better with the other chassis it is just me and the combo with the flex of the RS chassis that won't work,if it isn't working(same prob) then i have to look further.
Keep suggestions commings as i have to learn the car inside out.

regards Roy
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)

Last edited by Pro10noob; 07-27-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #2271
Tech Elite

It is kicking out in right tight turns and not to the left.
Going to check the steering as well as that is the only thing different to the other car.
The good car has the old steering system on it and the bad car has the 2009 parts on it for the steering(1 piece steering crank).

cheers Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post

Old 07-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #2272
Tech Master

Got my new upper deck today ....
Looks like I might be racing the E4 Wednesday.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #2273
Tech Elite

Congrats
Hope you do better then i do

cheers Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
Got my new upper deck today ....
Looks like I might be racing the E4 Wednesday.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #2274
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Need some help with my E4JS. Took the car out racing last weekend and it handled great. Its amazing what this plastic car can do.

One problem though, I shimmed the front and rear suspension to get all the play out of it. The rear is tight but the front end is still loose. In fact it has a lot of slop in it such that the steerign drifts on me. It was tight when I first shimmed it but somehow its now loose. Are there any suspension components I should upgrade to? Are there any stiffer or harder hubs and arms that would have less slop? Do I need to go aluminum? Are there aluminum upgrades for the front end?

Thanks for all the help.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #2275
Tech Master

Quote:
Congrats
Hope you do better then i do

cheers Roy
Looking more like the 416 is hitting the track instead.
The deck need some work and I found another weak link in the car, that is if you have the aluminum side belt tensioner. The screw hole mount for the upper deck is broken clean off.. What a turd! Maybe just one time I can get this DE kit going like it should be. Good thing I have a doner car and I just can't believe they made that attachment so thin. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?! They didn't even put the wire access hole in the correct spot. WTF!? Also , hardware change. Back to button heads and no counter sink for the dual pose steering. shame shame shame...
Old 07-29-2009, 12:33 AM   #2276
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
Looking more like the 416 is hitting the track instead.
The deck need some work and I found another weak link in the car, that is if you have the aluminum side belt tensioner. The screw hole mount for the upper deck is broken clean off.. What a turd! Maybe just one time I can get this DE kit going like it should be. Good thing I have a doner car and I just can't believe they made that attachment so thin. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?! They didn't even put the wire access hole in the correct spot. WTF!? Also , hardware change. Back to button heads and no counter sink for the dual pose steering. shame shame shame...
Thats the stuff that keeps alot of people from buying the car. TM should update the car to be lipo and brushless motor friendly and drop the price some. I think this would help them sell alot more cars. Too bad they didn't keep Barry Baker as he really would of helped TM in the long run. Huge mistake on their part if you ask me.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:39 AM   #2277
Tech Elite

You have alloy hub carriers in 3 and 6 degrees caster and you have alloy steering blocks.
Also you can upgrade to a 1 piece alloy steering crank.
TM,wolfhobbies and K Factory are the suppliers for those items

cheers Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Hi guys,

Need some help with my E4JS. Took the car out racing last weekend and it handled great. Its amazing what this plastic car can do.

One problem though, I shimmed the front and rear suspension to get all the play out of it. The rear is tight but the front end is still loose. In fact it has a lot of slop in it such that the steerign drifts on me. It was tight when I first shimmed it but somehow its now loose. Are there any suspension components I should upgrade to? Are there any stiffer or harder hubs and arms that would have less slop? Do I need to go aluminum? Are there aluminum upgrades for the front end?

Thanks for all the help.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:53 AM   #2278
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Thats the stuff that keeps alot of people from buying the car. TM should update the car to be lipo and brushless motor friendly and drop the price some. I think this would help them sell alot more cars. Too bad they didn't keep Barry Baker as he really would of helped TM in the long run. Huge mistake on their part if you ask me.
They thank you for the input and yet ...
Sheesh!
I got that deck and now they say its for the o9...
Like its different or something .. WTF?
You are totally correct on that one ... I don't know if Barry is all that but I think I could do more good than harm. They (TM) seem to be very stubborn when it comes to taking suggestions. The holes miss located ... the no surface area for mounting the "wings" They must have had these issues with their cars , or do the manufactures even have R&D. Sometimes I wonder....
Old 07-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #2279
Tech Elite

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm very strange you got probs with the new upper deck.
I got a 08 E4RS and a mate of mine has the same.
He and i put the new(09) top deck on the car with no problems.
If you have the older E4 than i could be but i don't know for sure.
The 09 car has a bigger hole where the motor comes because of some brushless motors that are bigger.
The new top deck is narrower at the back so you can lead the wires better to the battery(lipo).
http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...3003&pageNum=1
I tried it and had fitting it to the car and there was no problems with it as you have??
Where i drive(in Holland and look up the tread of the VG cup on the TM site) we have some drivers who use the TM E4RS and they beat the new Xray 09 spec car and the guy who is driving the car(Xray) is not the slowest driver arround
Perhaps it is just a car that don't suit your driving skills??
I have that with Yokomo.
Great car but i can't get it to work for me.

cheers Roy

Last edited by Pro10noob; 07-29-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:23 AM   #2280
Tech Master

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm very strange you got probs with the new upper deck.
I got a 08 E4RS and a mate of mine has the same.
He and i put the new(09) top deck on the car with no problems.
If you have the older E4 than i could be but i don't know for sure.
The 09 car has a bigger hole where the motor comes because of some brushless motors that are bigger.
The new top deck is narrower at the back so you can lead the wires better to the battery(lipo).
http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...3003&pageNum=1
I tried it and had fitting it to the car and there was no problems with it as you have??
Where i drive(in Holland and look up the tread of the VG cup on the TM site) we have some drivers who use the TM E4RS and they beat the new Xray 09 spec car and the guy who is driving the car(Xray) is not the slowest driver arround
Perhaps it is just a car that don't suit your driving skills??
I have that with Yokomo.
Great car but i can't get it to work for me.

cheers Roy
Perhaps your just not sure what we are saying.
My car WAS dialed. But weaknesses are showing up one at a time.
And theres nothing wrong with my "skills".
Fitting the 3200 Orion pack is easy . Too bad you will be getting spanked by a good 40 C pack.. that required modifications to run even in the 09, I guarantee it. And after looking at it , the chassis says the hole for the motor is so big but yet the chassis still needs mods to run a hacker or tekin or trinity motor. These people are stuck running brushed stuff, Sorry man but this car is a proverbial white elephant... PERIOD