R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-12-2008, 05:23 AM   #796
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hey Marcos How do you find the Core 5000 Lipo have you compared it to the Team Orion? and what do you have to do tofit it in the E4?
Hoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:53 AM   #797
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy View Post
hey Marcos How do you find the Core 5000 Lipo have you compared it to the Team Orion? and what do you have to do tofit it in the E4?
the orion is a ok pack but if you are racing mod I would run the Core 5000 pack, all you need is about 2.5mm shim under the top deck.I ran the car with the 3200/3600 pack with no shim under the top deck and with the 5000 pack with the shimms under the top deck and the car handles the same way( that i noticed)
as far as the Orion 4800 I havent ran that battery
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:55 AM   #798
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
What have you guy been breaking on this car? I am going to order an RS on friday and need to know what spares to get.
Also can you fit a core 5000 in it without shimming the top deck?

Thanks for your help.
The only part that i broke in this car was a front arm , due to a nitro car running in to me (he hated getting passed by a electric car ) I would keep a extra set of arms,maybe some rear hubs(unless you get the KFactory rear hubs),and steering hubs.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #799
Tech Apprentice

Hi Again:

This thread is just amazing. Lots of people helping each other, being positive and just moving ahead. Helping each other get faster and faster. Thank you all for the kind words!!!!! We really are working hard at making sure everyone gets what they need ASAP.

We have tech tips and news about new cars.

The first tech tip is how to put on the side pulleys. Is there an easy way? Yes there is. First put the pin into one hole on the pulley. Stop when the pin is about the center of the main bore. Then put the O ring into its groove everywhere except where the protruding pin is. Take a screwdriver and push the pin out of the main bore so that it will go on the middle or lay shaft. Rotate the pulley on the shaft while applying light pressure to the protruding pin. When the pin lines up with the hole in the shaft it slides in and the O ring covers it up. REAL EASY.

The second is the Ackerman adjustment on the single arm steering system. It is not real apparent but you can reduce the Ackerman by removing the ball studs on the center arm and turning the retainers 180 degrees. You will need to shorten the turnbuckles a bit but it really mellows out the turn-in a lot.

The news is the new /CX cars. They have taken a while but we think you will agree they were worth the wait. We received a LOT of emails saying that they don't like running spools and don't want to be "taxed" into having to buy a 1 way or a diff. Then there were the issues about the internal gearing being incompatible with the 1 way. Then there was the motor fit issue. With all of that we decided to "fix" all of these issues for our customers. So we now have 4 rubber tire / asphalt choices for you. All of the /CX kits have the 3mm bottom deck and the 2.5mm top deck has been relieved with 2 CNC routed cutouts. This gives you several combinations of tuning for chassis compliance. The easiest is to remove the "Upper Deck Stiffener Posts" (P/N 503208). This makes the car more compliant than the RS. The second is removing the "Upper Deck Stiffening Mount" (P/N 503207). This is a fine tuning tool. The modified upper deck is lighter than the stock 2mm deck and looks way cool. All of the kits have the 2.0588 internal ratio so they are compatible with the 1 way and spool. They also allow a smaller spur to help with adjustment issues with the larger motors. They have the Non FS rear arms and 3 degree caster blocks (on both sides). The single arm steering has been changed to the twin arm style. To put it simply they are RSs with a 3mm bottom plates and 2.5mm top plates with 2 reliefs (instead of 1 on the RS) so the overall chassis compliance is about the same. The real difference is the options. The first is the E4FS/CD. This kit has a front diff. (we are working on some cool options on the diff itself. As soon as testing is complete we'll post the parts). The second is the CS. This kit has a front spool. The third is the C1. It has the convertible 1 way. The 4th option is the E4RS. One bonus of all of this is that it saves you money. If you want the 1 way or diff you don't have to pay the "spool tax". Another bonus is that your car is versatile enough to tune for any condition including carpet and or foam tires. You will notice that the prices for all of these kits is different. We are doing everything we can to keep your cost as low as possible. We want the car to be what YOU want. If you want the single arm steering instead of the twin arm, just tell us when you place the order. If you want one cutout on the top plate or none just tell us at the time of order. At worst case it will add one day to shipping. In addition to the free internal ratio kit we are offering we will modify your E4FS top plate for free. If you want your E4FS top plate to be machined, send it to us and we will machine it and send it back for free. It is a 1 day turn-around.

We have added 5039XX parts to the list. These are special assemblies that we produce for you. These are a direct response to your requests.

All of the items in this post are a result of your emails and postings. If you need something different / special or if you have an idea to make the kit better, please let us know.

Thanks

Wolf
Old 03-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #800
Super Moderator

That's awesome!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #801
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to nocif13

Can be put or adapt alum Bulkhead left and right and alum upper deck mount of the e4 rs on e4? So that you can install brushless motors without needing to modify cells
thank
olivier
Old 03-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #802
Tech Adept

Hey guys, excelent job and more helpfull. the last weekend i go to managed a 2º in Final A of regional and TQ, with my new E4, and this weekend go to Villarreal (European 2008 track) for National Cup of Champions, i need good luck, and a powerfull motor, of course
Thanks to Marcos, Nocif,Wolf, and other guys for share your Knowledge and setups.
I have a good base setup, for this track, is possible to see, here:http://www.cochesrc.com/foros/nuevo-...27202-220.html
Sorry, is in Spanish, but google work great in English-Spanish

Greetings, Luis C.
luic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:20 PM   #803
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luic View Post
Hey guys, excelent job and more helpfull. the last weekend i go to managed a 2º in Final A of regional and TQ, with my new E4, and this weekend go to Villarreal (European 2008 track) for National Cup of Champions, i need good luck, and a powerfull motor, of course
Thanks to Marcos, Nocif,Wolf, and other guys for share your Knowledge and setups.
I have a good base setup, for this track, is possible to see, here:http://www.cochesrc.com/foros/nuevo-...27202-220.html
Sorry, is in Spanish, but google work great in English-Spanish

Greetings, Luis C.
set up looks good! If you need anything let me know (i also speak spanish)
Old 03-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #804
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
set up looks good! If you need anything let me know (i also speak spanish)
Oh, ok, Muchas Gracias ¡¡¡
My english is very bad, tomorrow i recived a E4RS, and i like to probe the chassis and the nylon pulleys, instead alu of Normal E4, if i need some help, i contact with you, thank you very much.

Greetings, Luis c.
luic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #805
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just curious how many of you are running your e4s on the carpet. So far I have heard alot of talk about rubber tires and asphalt but not alot about carpet and foams. I will be spending a full day on my car on Saturday and am going to post what I learn but just curious if there is anything out there I should try. I am going to really work on making the car more balanced it is very good but I have found that it either wants to bind up in the center or work the tires to hard and depend to much on tire softner. This tells me I have not found a good balance between roll stifness with the sway bars and springs, and the transition speed with the shocks. I forgot to order a second set of sway bars and I am frustrated with myself because I think that this car is going to have to run equal bars front and rear just from what I have learned thus far. I also am going to try and use some other springs that are shorter so I wont have to cut the K factory ones anymore. The car really likes a ride height just under five mils and it is not possible with a full length spring (at least not the stiff ones). Anyway I will keep you guys updated on what I learn about this awesome car. Thanks again WOLF.
RCRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:01 AM   #806
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRIOT View Post
Just curious how many of you are running your e4s on the carpet. So far I have heard alot of talk about rubber tires and asphalt but not alot about carpet and foams. I will be spending a full day on my car on Saturday and am going to post what I learn but just curious if there is anything out there I should try. I am going to really work on making the car more balanced it is very good but I have found that it either wants to bind up in the center or work the tires to hard and depend to much on tire softner. This tells me I have not found a good balance between roll stifness with the sway bars and springs, and the transition speed with the shocks. I forgot to order a second set of sway bars and I am frustrated with myself because I think that this car is going to have to run equal bars front and rear just from what I have learned thus far. I also am going to try and use some other springs that are shorter so I wont have to cut the K factory ones anymore. The car really likes a ride height just under five mils and it is not possible with a full length spring (at least not the stiff ones). Anyway I will keep you guys updated on what I learn about this awesome car. Thanks again WOLF.
you can use losi Type R shocks and springs and you should have no problem getting the ride height that you need. I use Losi Type R springs on mine with no problems

Tamiya short springs are a perfect match!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #807
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by luic View Post
Oh, ok, Muchas Gracias ¡¡¡
My english is very bad, tomorrow i recived a E4RS, and i like to probe the chassis and the nylon pulleys, instead alu of Normal E4, if i need some help, i contact with you, thank you very much.

Greetings, Luis c.
Que Tal Luis,

Cualquier ayuda que necesites, favor de escribirnos. Estamos a su servicio!!! Buena suerte en las Nacionales
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:31 AM   #808
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looking into a new chassis and am interested in the E4.

Just want to know what the difference is between the E4 and E4RS and which one is the higher end chassis?

Also what is the point of the 2?

Cheers
Aaron
zacabrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #809
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacabrandy View Post

Just want to know what the difference is between the E4 and E4RS and which one is the higher end chassis?

Cheers
Aaron

Me too, since I know E4 was launch for Rubber tires, and RS is Rubber Spec, is that the same ?
Team magic don´t come out with that info !
Old 03-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #810
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacabrandy View Post

Cheers
Aaron
Hi guys...Wolf has already covered this earlier in the thread around pages 16-19.

Theres different versions of the E4.

Regular E4- first version also known as the special edition, since its not being produced anymore. It comes with aluminum hubs, camber link braces, and many other aluminum parts which are hop-ups for the other versions.

E4FS- foam spec...its a new version of the E4 optimized for foam carpet racing.

E4RS- Rubber Spec: new version of the E4 optimized for Rubber tire asphalt racing, and thus comes with 2.5mm lower chassis, and 2mm upper deck for more flex, etc.

E4JS- this is the budget E4. Like Cyclone S and Xray T2R, they offer lower cost TC by using composite chassis, top deck, shock towers, etc.

For more info on the kits and their specs, check them out at team magic website and lokk the specs of these cars.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote