Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
For ESC, I think it's pretty clear that the RX8 is the way to go. For motors, Ballistic 550 or SC4X 550, or those unsensored motors that everyone loves 1410 or Tenshock, until the 4 pole sensored Tekin comes out.
I have a Ballistic 550 4.5 that ill trade for a 1410 or tenshock. The motor has about 10 packs on it before the sensor board went out. It's got a new sensor board and cable now, I just like the 4 pole castle better and I'm sure the.tenshock is about the same.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chuck 21
All that will prove is we can build stuff better and faster then China to
which everyone knows this already"

The Ten T and the 810 take the same diff parts and Losi has been selling
them all along so you know there could have been SCTE parts if they
wanted to supply us. This all comes down to bean counters trying to make
the most money for Losi by selling what has the most profit margine and
not what the customer needs.

Bean counters control everything in manufacturing not Ryan, he can only
do what the bean counters tell him he can do. (no more,no less)
Well put Chuck! They opened the purse strings to put this truck out they just didn't leave em open for parts support it seemsTrends in R/C don't last forever but this SCT thing sure is something to Bank on, now!! I think they need to work a little less on micro rock crawlers and mini sct trucks and follow the Low Hanging Fruit!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I thought the 5.5 was also better than the 4.5...

I even ran the 5.5 on 3S (felt like the 1410).
My Losi is apart for cleaning right now and some new parts(hop ups)!!I have run the Tekin 5.5 and it was fine.I will however go to the 1410 when the rebuild starts
For now the RX8 and 5.5 are in my Slash 4x4 and they barely hit 135 with plenty of speed!!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby
I was reading that there was a fitment issue with the Team Epic (trinity) D3 550s? something to do with the ring or something?

is someone runnign this and can they tell me what dremmeling they had to do?
Yes, there is a small lip on the outside of the can where the output shaft comes out. I had to spend about 5 minutes with a sanding drum and open up the hole in the motor mount insert so it would fit. Not a big deal though, and the D3 5.5 is a killer motor...
Old 07-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yea that's the nice thing about living in LA, you have access to all those nice tracks packed with Pro's. But I can see how it can get frustrating after each week, but in turn makes you fast. Cool thing about Rage's deal, he gets paid to be there, playing on track with the pro's is just part of the added bonus. Two months ago if I told him he would be on the driver stand against Frank Root and Ryan Lutz he would have laughed and said I'm crazy. Funny how shit works...
Yeah i bet he's having a blast out there! Is he gonna stick around a few days to check out some of our indoor tracks like ocrc and westcoast? 111 raceway is brand new and only about 5-10 min away from Hot Rod, but its small and more like what you guys run normally. I figure he should take advantage of checking out our bigger indoor tracks while he's out here.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxr300ex
Castle mmp and 1410 rocks.
so i bought today a castle mamba max pro esc and the tekin redline 5.5 motor, any idea what pinion gear for that motor to start with. hopefully this is a good reliable combo, from my investigating seems to both be pretty reliable.
any info would help, thanks guys
Old 07-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yea that's the nice thing about living in LA, you have access to all those nice tracks packed with Pro's. But I can see how it can get frustrating after each week, but in turn makes you fast. Cool thing about Rage's deal, he gets paid to be there, playing on track with the pro's is just part of the added bonus. Two months ago if I told him he would be on the driver stand against Frank Root and Ryan Lutz he would have laughed and said I'm crazy. Funny how shit works...

That's awesome news, congrats on the opportunity Rage
Old 07-08-2011, 03:01 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by awidz
so i bought today a castle mamba max pro esc and the tekin redline 5.5 motor, any idea what pinion gear for that motor to start with. hopefully this is a good reliable combo, from my investigating seems to both be pretty reliable.
Read the first post of the thread for info on motors that work well in the SCTE! The redline is designed for much lighter cars and you will only cook it, you cannot gear it right, there's no pinion small enough.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Should have went with the castle 1410 or a tekin 550.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Hate to tell u this, dont put that motor in. Bring it back, what you wanted is the Tekin sc4x 5.5 turn 550 can motor. If u look on their site you'll see the difference. As long as u havent soldered it or anything u should be ok to take it back. Good luck!
Old 07-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Hate to tell u this, dont put that motor in. Bring it back, what you wanted is the Tekin sc4x 5.5 turn 550 can motor. If u look on their site you'll see the difference. As long as u havent soldered it or anything u should be ok to take it back. Good luck!
this is the motor i bought:
Tekin Redline SC4X Sensored Brushless Motor 5.5 Turn

is this the right one to run with the mamba max pro esc

i think i got it right, let me know

thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

thanks
Yes thats the right one.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mxr300ex
Yes thats the right one.
cool, any idea what pinion to start out with, and what engine temp am i looking to run at and not go over? i am new to electric and have been running gas for 10 years plus now, so sorry for the questions, electric has changed alot in the last 10 years since i did it.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:02 PM
dtr
Tech Master

cool, any idea what pinion to start out with, and what engine temp am i looking to run at and not go over? i am new to electric and have been running gas for 10 years plus now, so sorry for the questions, electric has changed alot in the last 10 years since i did it.
Nice to see you got the sc4x. Quote from the first post:
Gearing recommendations with 40T spur (2 Pole motors)
5.5 550's - 14-17T pinion
So for a smaller track I'd go for a 14, for a larger 15 or 16. Motor temps should be below 180 degrees at the end of the run.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

thanks
Yep thats the right one. Most people refer to it as the sc4x or just the 550 can, because tekin's also got the Redline 540 can motors meant for buggies. Even though Redline is the general name for their offroad motors, most people refer to the 540 cans as the Redlines. As for pinion, i'd try a 15 or 16 tooth. But it really depends on how big ur track is. Small indoor maybe a 13t, big out door 1/8th scale track prob 16-18. I dont run that motor so thats based on what ive read not experience. Hopefully others who do run that motor esc combo will chime in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.