Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 06:42 AM
  #14881  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 244
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
I'm sorry to hear that. I have all kinds of Novak stuff and have had pretty decent luck with them. With my Jammin I put a 13t on and never even looked at the temps. But with this thing I'm constantly monitoring. Right now, I'm running the regular 4.5 Ballistic. I want to try the 14mm rotor and also, maybe the 5.5 motor.
Don't get me wrong "I have never tried the 1410". I have tried the 4.5 Ballistic w/ the 14mm rotor w/ 15 tooth and the thing was hot temp'd at 185-200 after a pack. I turned the CL on the rx8 down to 80% and same temps. Last night, Finally ran the 5.5 with 14mm w/ 17 tooth and same esc settings felt good the temps seemed a little cooler but still a concern. No temp gun last night.

I have to say the truck ran excellent at the track last night. So good my buddy went out and bought one on site and spent the rest of the evening puting it together. He ran it and said he loved it. The track was selling a slightly used SC10 4x4 for sale. I had to past. Why step down from the SCTE?
A929ryda is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 06:45 AM
  #14882  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (92)
 
Outtacontrol58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 2,148
Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)
Default

Guys I just got my truck and the front an middle diffs are leaking, what should be the fix I need to do to make it stop, thanks and I am dying to get on the track here soon!
Outtacontrol58 is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 06:48 AM
  #14883  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (25)
 
The Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Surprise, Az
Posts: 669
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A929ryda
Don't get me wrong "I have never tried the 1410". I have tried the 4.5 Ballistic w/ the 14mm rotor w/ 15 tooth and the thing was hot temp'd at 185-200 after a pack. I turned the CL on the rx8 down to 80% and same temps. Last night, Finally ran the 5.5 with 14mm w/ 17 tooth and same esc settings felt good the temps seemed a little cooler but still a concern. No temp gun last night.

I have to say the truck ran excellent at the track last night. So good my buddy went out and bought one on site and spent the rest of the evening puting it together. He ran it and said he loved it. The track was selling a slightly used SC10 4x4 for sale. I had to past. Why step down from the SCTE?
Is 15 tooth the only thing you tried with the 4.5 and 14mm rotor?
The Juice is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 06:50 AM
  #14884  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
10sctrel0v3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Titusville, Fl.
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
Guys I just got my truck and the front an middle diffs are leaking, what should be the fix I need to do to make it stop, thanks and I am dying to get on the track here soon!
what i do is after i clean everything i coat my outdrive shafts in some kind of thick grease, other people use this green slime stuff i think from AE. you can lightly sand your diff surface where the gasket goes or you can just lightly coat the gasket with some kind of thick grease like i do. people say that the lightened outdrives have less play so they wont let any fluid past them.
10sctrel0v3r is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 06:58 AM
  #14885  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 244
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by The Juice
Is 15 tooth the only thing you tried with the 4.5 and 14mm rotor?
I tried 13 tooth, no top end at all for a mid size indoor track (wesycoastrc)
17 tooth was nice but temps were out of control after half a pack.
15 tooth seemed to be just right.

I forgot to mention I lowered the motor timing 10 degrees (to 20 degrees) with my 5.5 and temps were better. planing to go down to 10 degrees motor timing and add any other timing adjustments from the esc.
A929ryda is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 07:08 AM
  #14886  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
alvinsmith75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Orleans Area
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
Guys I just got my truck and the front an middle diffs are leaking, what should be the fix I need to do to make it stop, thanks and I am dying to get on the track here soon!
Unfortunately there is no fix. I just rebuilt mine with brand new diff cases and HD lightned outdrives. I used green slime on the orings and greased the axle shafts. Ran it one night and they still leak. This suxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
alvinsmith75 is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 07:14 AM
  #14887  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (218)
 
racerx1920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,008
Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
I am getting ready to finish with the CF chassis for this truck any suggestion before I start milling.

the droop screw pad screws would be good. i think that the droops screws would eat the carbon just like it eats the aluminum but if you put the screws in then it i think it would be good
racerx1920 is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 08:06 AM
  #14888  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 257
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
Unfortunately there is no fix. I just rebuilt mine with brand new diff cases and HD lightned outdrives. I used green slime on the orings and greased the axle shafts. Ran it one night and they still leak. This suxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Guys...its not leaking at that point. Its leaking thru your out drive sleeve...the lill hex insert (metal) that pushes thru the plastic diff case same on the other side where the ring gear mounts on..

After reading a lill I found a post talking about this problem and what they did to fix it.. Some use CA glue and glue them in, others use RTV (i did). rebuild the diffs the same way, just clean these guys up, use what you want (CA or RTV) and no more leaking. Working for me so far after about 20 packs no leaks.
fullpull is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 08:11 AM
  #14889  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fullpull
Guys...its not leaking at that point. Its leaking thru your out drive sleeve...the lill hex insert (metal) that pushes thru the plastic diff case same on the other side where the ring gear mounts on..

After reading a lill I found a post talking about this problem and what they did to fix it.. Some use CA glue and glue them in, others use RTV (i did). rebuild the diffs the same way, just clean these guys up, use what you want (CA or RTV) and no more leaking. Working for me so far after about 20 packs no leaks.
yes.
lowroad is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 08:16 AM
  #14890  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
Asharus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,123
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

After reading about that fix several times in the past, now I finally understand what piece you guys are talking about. So basically the hex insert should be CAd or RTVd onto the diff housing. I'll do this the next time I rebuild.
Asharus is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 08:23 AM
  #14891  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A929ryda
I tried 13 tooth, no top end at all for a mid size indoor track (wesycoastrc)
17 tooth was nice but temps were out of control after half a pack.
15 tooth seemed to be just right.

I forgot to mention I lowered the motor timing 10 degrees (to 20 degrees) with my 5.5 and temps were better. planing to go down to 10 degrees motor timing and add any other timing adjustments from the esc.
That is with the stock 12mm rotor right? 15 sounds right for the stock. If you run the 14mm rotor that is way too low.
Casper is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 08:28 AM
  #14892  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (37)
 
omenwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Gresham Or
Posts: 940
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Its weird about the outdrives leaking, I have about 20 packs since i put my hd drives in and I have not had any of the diffs leaking at all. Some are good and some are not i guess.
omenwolf is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 08:29 AM
  #14893  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (74)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default 4-40 x 4mm droop screws?

Hey guys,
It has been such a pain trying to get my hands on some of those 4-40x4mm droop protection screws. I bought the drill bit/tap a few weeks ago... and won an auction for the screws on ebay (sold out everywhere else), but seller hasn't responded for weeks.

I know these things come in a pack of 12... and was wondering if anyone has 4 extra that they'd be willing to sell me. PM if you got some.

thanks fellas!
bico1 is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 AM
  #14894  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper
That is with the stock 12mm rotor right? 15 sounds right for the stock. If you run the 14mm rotor that is way too low.
Hey Casper it was nice to meet you and Ryan at Peg.Thank you for taking the time to chat with me and letting me finger you truck! Thanx RiverDale..
BmainStar is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 08:32 AM
  #14895  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Anytime. Always great to meet people face to face!
Casper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.