Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:41 PM
  #6631  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Idaho,
Posts: 729
Default

Originally Posted by SaladFork
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


SC_RAGE is offline  
Old 04-14-2011, 10:45 PM
  #6632  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Factory48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
Thats one huge double dude
Yup! And it's fun if you make it. But I usually just roll it cuz you can only make it 1 out of every 5 tries. The other 4 times you land on the tip or lawn dart into the other jump. The triple in the back is just as big. And since we're next to a river on the left, gale force winds gust from left to right. We have to time our jumps based on the prevailing winds also. LOL
Factory48 is offline  
Old 04-14-2011, 10:47 PM
  #6633  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Idaho,
Posts: 729
Default

Originally Posted by Factory48
I seem to notice a couple of people say they haven't broken a thing on their SCTEs. Are you guys racing in small indoor tracks with small jumps and short straights? That's what I'm assuming. We have 5 guys running Losis at my track. We've all broken our bumpers etc. We run on a huge outdoor 1/8th nitro track with 5 foot tall doubles and triples. Tell me you haven't broken a thing once you run a pack on a track like that.
I usually dont land on the back of my truck on any jump. So the track shouldnt matter. I run mine on motocross jumps bigger than any rc track and havent broken anything. Now on the other hand I have spun out at the end of the straight at full speed and backed into a wall and broken the bumper. I wouldnt blame that on weak parts, just weak driving. Im pretty sure anything out there would break under similar circumstances.
SC_RAGE is offline  
Old 04-14-2011, 10:48 PM
  #6634  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know who has aSCTE in stock??? I am trying to order one.... but cant find one.
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
  #6635  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Idaho,
Posts: 729
Default

Originally Posted by gidi-up
It was not my fault it broke, slammed in the rear by another SCTE during a heat race, that's racing. I called into Horizon to see when back in stock, told him my story and the person offered a replacement, then stated it should have been the newer style, very good CS.

I was counting on a upgraded rear bumper as you stated you improved earlier in this Forum and CS indicating it was. Then to my disappointment it was not improved as I was led to believe. I told the Horizon person if it was not the new/improved version there was no need to send and thanks for the offer.

This rear bumper breaking happened to 2 different SCTE's this last race, one of the other guys SCTE broke the rear bumper, tore the rear shock off, ripped the rear A-arm off due to the front and rear Pivot mounts bent, it was a hard hit, it happens. The other was a high jumper that tail landed.

I posted this due to other have been asking if the new bumpers would have the improvement, it was a way to inform them this is not the case, hence the purpose of a Forum. Then if I would have paid for this it would have been returned as it is not strong enough from my experience and the fate of others I have witnessed, sorry just the facts, appears I am not as lucky as y'all.

So I am disappointed in this reply coming from a person like you, then thinking you know all the facts of "the breakage being my fault", ...I take that personally, that hurts.
If anyone should replace the parts, It should of been you for allowing someone to hit the back of your truck that hard. Seems fishy. And complaing about a part like that is just as ridiculous. The diff pins were a given, but a bumper that broke after getting smashed. Kind of a no brainer. Your lucky they replaced it at all.
SC_RAGE is offline  
Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 PM
  #6636  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Factory48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
Man that looks fun. Wish we had one of those around here.
It's fun for the drivers but I wouldn't want to be a marshall. It's tiring running around plus you have kits flying all over the place and you can't see them coming until it's too late. LOL
Factory48 is offline  
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 PM
  #6637  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Factory48
Yup! And it's fun if you make it. But I usually just roll it cuz you can only make it 1 out of every 5 tries. The other 4 times you land on the tip or lawn dart into the other jump. The triple in the back is just as big. And since we're next to a river on the left, gale force winds gust from left to right. We have to time our jumps based on the prevailing winds also. LOL
just what i need, to land in a river! thats what i call, WINNING!!
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 04-14-2011, 11:39 PM
  #6638  
Tech Addict
 
russp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 667
Default

My truck had its first large track play day tonight, at Thunder alley home of this years Nats.
Wow can this truck take a beating, must spun out half a dozen times in the path of some ferocious 1/8th gas buggys! And guess what no breakage. I don't know what people are talking about, I ran this thing as hard as I could battery after battery. I came home in one piece.
This truck ireally is almost like cheating! Makes me look I can actually drive.
Love my Losi!

Last edited by russp; 04-14-2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: cuz b-main eats diFf pins!!!
russp is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 02:38 AM
  #6639  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Factory48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
just what i need, to land in a river! thats what i call, WINNING!!
A friend of mine almost did. He crashed and flew over the fence down to the riverbank.
Factory48 is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 03:04 AM
  #6640  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by gidi-up
It was not my fault it broke, slammed in the rear by another SCTE during a heat race, that's racing. I called into Horizon to see when back in stock, told him my story and the person offered a replacement, then stated it should have been the newer style, very good CS.

I was counting on a upgraded rear bumper as you stated you improved earlier in this Forum and CS indicating it was. Then to my disappointment it was not improved as I was led to believe. I told the Horizon person if it was not the new/improved version there was no need to send and thanks for the offer.

This rear bumper breaking happened to 2 different SCTE's this last race, one of the other guys SCTE broke the rear bumper, tore the rear shock off, ripped the rear A-arm off due to the front and rear Pivot mounts bent, it was a hard hit, it happens. The other was a high jumper that tail landed.

I posted this due to other have been asking if the new bumpers would have the improvement, it was a way to inform them this is not the case, hence the purpose of a Forum. Then if I would have paid for this it would have been returned as it is not strong enough from my experience and the fate of others I have witnessed, sorry just the facts, appears I am not as lucky as y'all.

So I am disappointed in this reply coming from a person like you, then thinking you know all the facts of "the breakage being my fault", ...I take that personally, that hurts.

Originally Posted by artie's liver
if it happens on the racetrack as a result of a crash

it's your fault, not losi's

if you're going to have collisions with things, sometimes they're going to break.


Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
If anyone should replace the parts, It should of been you for allowing someone to hit the back of your truck that hard. Seems fishy. And complaing about a part like that is just as ridiculous. The diff pins were a given, but a bumper that broke after getting smashed. Kind of a no brainer. Your lucky they replaced it at all.


WOW ,did any of you actual read my post or just pick out portions you took notice to? If any of you that have responded actually read the entire contents and took note of what I stated...

Ahh, forget it, this a useless point to continue in a forum of perfect drivers...


I made my point and for those looking for the answer "Are the new bumpers that are coming out in April the upgraded versions, if so how can we tell before purchasing?"

The answer is: Not upgraded at this time from what I received and don't waste your money at this time to purchase this, if you or some other racer broke the original, this one will meet the same demise.

Maybe at a later date the new version will come out but by then T-Bone or RPM should have their version out with the Lifetime guarantee for the imperfect/unfortunate few of us
gidi-up is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 06:39 AM
  #6641  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gidi-up
WOW ,did any of you actual read my post or just pick out portions you took notice to? If any of you that have responded actually read the entire contents and took note of what I stated...

Ahh, forget it, this a useless point to continue in a forum of perfect drivers...


I made my point and for those looking for the answer "Are the new bumpers that are coming out in April the upgraded versions, if so how can we tell before purchasing?"

The answer is: Not upgraded at this time from what I received and don't waste your money at this time to purchase this, if you or some other racer broke the original, this one will meet the same demise.

Maybe at a later date the new version will come out but by then T-Bone or RPM should have their version out with the Lifetime guarantee for the imperfect/unfortunate few of us
did you evdn look at it to see if it was the upgraded version? someone posted pics of what the difference is.
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 AM
  #6642  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Anyone know who has aSCTE in stock??? I am trying to order one.... but cant find one.
I don't know this shop from shinola, but someone else posted it the other day, and they at least seem to have them (as well as the XXX-SCT) in stock?

http://www.shortcoursehobbies.com/trucks/losi-ten-scte
lowroad is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 AM
  #6643  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Hmm...I will probably just wait till AMain has em then. Can use a coupon and it's $20 cheaper...
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 AM
  #6644  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
Ok im not a awesome racer as most people on here are probably and havent broken anything from the day i got it which was the first like couple days it was out, but the point im trying to get at is, how the hell do you rip off a shock and the a-arm and bend the pivot mounts? what are you guys doing with these trucks? running 4s and launching them from a cliff? seriously ive never heard of that before

I found the photos of the race and crash so you can see for yourself, sorry no photo of the track after the accident but there was a crowd around the truck in the pits afterwards with all of us Losi owners to pay our respects

This was the A-Main, 13 SCT's, 2s only, no limit on Motor or ESC but must have 1/10 SCT tires.

1 - Is the line up, the White #9 in the front is the SCTE that was slammed.
2 - Is corner 1 after start.
3 - Is corner 2
4 - Is just after corner 3 and just before the impact.
5 - I just after the impact and you can see the White #9 sitting there, it is done.

I heard the crash it was loud, then after the race looked at the truck it was tore up, the front Pivot Mount had ~ a 30 deg bend and the A-arm was swinging free, the plastic shock cap snapped. But looking at it closer, just needed to bend the Pivot Mounts back, replace the bumper and get a new Shock Cap, so over all not that bad, A-Arm itself had no issues.

Is a rough crowd when it comes to the Main's, no less than 30 4x4's run every 2 weeks. 2 months ago the Traxxas sponsored racer was slammed in the rear in a similar wreck, broke both rear A-arms after the dust settled.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-1.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-2.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-3.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-4.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-5.jpg  

gidi-up is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 07:12 AM
  #6645  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,489
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Finally tore into my diffs after almost two months of racing and running and
.....wait for it.....Pins looked ok! Fronts were about a .001 of wear which I would consider normal,the center had started to groove a bit with about .002 of wear and the rears looked like the fronts not bad at all I would say other than the center very acceptable wear for as hard as I have been running this truck on the original pins.Even the center I would say is ok cuz I`M gonna re lube them up and go racing!And yes i`m one of those guys that have not broken a thing on this truck,those that are complaining about breaking stuff ,this is an r/c race car, they break!!! All race cars big and small break almost every-time out! When parts stock up at the hobby shops it wont be so bad but you cant expect horizon to replace every part you are breaking.When I used to Race Cockroaches we would lose a leg maybe a wing or an antenna it was just horrible Cheers! Whoops..the rears are actually really bad once I got all the oil off, picked up the front twice and thought they were the rears...no good rears have to be replaced but the gears and shims with alum blocks are ok.. well almost made it to the horizon pins LOL




I dont know about you, But most guys finish races and dont Break "almost every-time out!"
Integra is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.