Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
Am I the only one that drank the Losi Kool Aid? I don't think anyone in here uses the Xcelorin 6000mah 60C packs. I'm gonna need to buy a couple of more packs soon and I'll have to consider some of the ones that were mentioned in the past few pages.
I run two $100 dollar Venom batts and can run 14 min hard !!But the motor starts to smell LOL..There is some cats that run at our track from Hobbyparts and they always bring like 30 charged Gens Ace batts with them to hand out to people to test run,50 c very punchy!!!Keep up the good fight Rid!!!I think alot of people have gotten into the hobby as of late and don't realize that R/C cars break and wear ,especially if you race them!!! DoH!!!More soo if you Bash them!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

http://www.rcsoup.com/2011/05/losi-t...l-pin-upgrade/
Old 07-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
I run two $100 dollar Venom batts and can run 14 min hard !!But the motor starts to smell LOL..There is some cats that run at our track from Hobbyparts and they always bring like 30 charged Gens Ace batts with them to hand out to people to test run,50 c very punchy!!!Keep up the good fight Rid!!!I think alot of people have gotten into the hobby as of late and don't realize that R/C cars break and wear ,especially if you race them!!! DoH!!!More soo if you Bash them!
i run 5000mah 40C Venoms. so its not a battery quality problem. I think its just i need a slightly bigger battery. Im going to check out some of the batteries you guys suggested. I'm off from racing until 8/7 (small track), then I also have a race 8/14 and a big 2 day race 8/20-8/21 both on a big 1/8th scale track. So 8/7 will be my first test with whatever new battery I get. I'll let you guys know. Thanks again.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just got my truck up in running and this is my fav sct truck yet
Old 07-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Asharus
I read this 3 times and it still doesn't make sense. "Stock towers are thin, bend easily" does not equal "reliable".
I ran mine for two months race once aweek practiced once a week and got the Jammin ones cuz the LHS had them on shelf before the losi ones.When I tore the truck apart to replace them they were and still are perfect!The front Jammy one broke at the very bottom hole and so the stocker is in the front now!!!!I think people landing on the roof or back bumper repeatedly bend the rear mostly!The jammy towers are way thinner than the Losi ones(carbon)..So ya They can and will work for a while
Old 07-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

suggestions Please":
shocks pack has 5 different numbered ends 1 2 3 4 5 ...
which would you use on a big 8th scale track ? and thats with 40 w front and 30 rear. gold and silver springs
second I purchased the sway bars pack any good ideas ? front and rear or just leave it alone

Thanks..
Old 07-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

I use Promatch Batteries and have nothing but good things to say about Jeffs service and run times.. I just got the 6200 60C 2 cell and with a RX8 4x 4.5 tekin on 2's I am getting 20 min of run time Great Bat and it hauls donky
been using the 4 cells on my bigger brother the 8ight and after a year still running strong. Promatch for my money
Old 07-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by godofcable
i run 5000mah 40C Venoms. so its not a battery quality problem. I think its just i need a slightly bigger battery. Im going to check out some of the batteries you guys suggested. I'm off from racing until 8/7 (small track), then I also have a race 8/14 and a big 2 day race 8/20-8/21 both on a big 1/8th scale track. So 8/7 will be my first test with whatever new battery I get. I'll let you guys know. Thanks again.
My Venoms are 5600 mAh and supposedly 60 c ? They work well!
Good Luck with your August schedule!!I am taking off Racing this weekend to spend 3- days surfing N.San Diego..Stay Classy RC-TECH!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

pistons?? do you have the part number for this 5 hole piston that i guess most people are running?? i found a 4 hole but not 5 hole...

thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bustanut666
pistons?? do you have the part number for this 5 hole piston that i guess most people are running?? i found a 4 hole but not 5 hole...

thanks
just get the piston pack. it has all of the various pistons in there. i don't think you can buy just the 5's. btw, they all have 4 holes, the number just represents how big the holes are with 5 being the biggest. the part number for the piston pack is: LOSB2909
Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

#5 front and rear. You may need to adjust oils slightly, but that will get you in the right range.

Originally Posted by chucko
suggestions Please":
shocks pack has 5 different numbered ends 1 2 3 4 5 ...
which would you use on a big 8th scale track ? and thats with 40 w front and 30 rear. gold and silver springs
second I purchased the sway bars pack any good ideas ? front and rear or just leave it alone

Thanks..
Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

One thing 99% of the car and truck crowd don't get is that if you want your batteries to last you really should only use about 80% of the rated capacity of the pack. Once you get into the 90%-95% range you are shortening the life of the battery pretty rapidly. If you are discharging to 100% you are killing the pack.

Also, IMHO you should use a pack whose continuous rating is equal or greater than the peak current that your vehicle can pull. In the SCTE you really need a 5000/40C or better pack.

There is alot of good reading on RC Groups Battery and Charger forum.

Originally Posted by Ridley
Yes, I admit that I'd like to keep the money in the USA, and I would......if they wouldn't want to make 150%+ profit off of me for simply sticking their decal on the case. Ask a reasonable markup, and i'd jump all over it!!! Might even sport their T shirt at the track, lol.

IMHO, customer service is a mute point, when you can buy 2,3, or even 4 of the batteries for the same price as one. Amain probably could send you 2 more batteries before they broke even on what they had in your return Thats not knocking Amain either, I buy almost all my spare parts there.....love the place. Who can blame them for the markup on lipo's when everyone else is gouging even more?

Our group of guys have bought over 3k$ of turnigy lipo's from hobbyking. Only one battery that I know of had a weak cell, and it was nursed back to life and still works to this day(cheap 5000mah hard case battery for 20$). A few have puffed, a few broke, but we've had the same happen to SMC, Max amps, Thunderpower, Orion, and gens ace packs. Overall, I still believe Turnigy batteries are as high a quality pack as any we have found, and we've had a pretty nice size sample to make that conclusion from

The USA point was a very valid one....the one about quality is just plain false IMHO.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr
What gears do they mean? The only helix gears in are the ring gears and the ones driving the ring gears; the problematic ones inside the the diff are all straight.
You're right. I just emailed them again pointing that out. However, I think it's the bevel gears that they're not tooled for not the actual bevel cut, maybe both. But regardless, I emailed them again just to point it out in hopes that it makes a difference. Thank you for pointing it out, hopefully it makes a difference.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone want to sell their #1 and #2 pistons? I'd like a total of 8. I don't think anybody is running them.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
I ran mine for two months race once aweek practiced once a week and got the Jammin ones cuz the LHS had them on shelf before the losi ones.When I tore the truck apart to replace them they were and still are perfect!The front Jammy one broke at the very bottom hole and so the stocker is in the front now!!!!I think people landing on the roof or back bumper repeatedly bend the rear mostly!The jammy towers are way thinner than the Losi ones(carbon)..So ya They can and will work for a while
yup i ruined my rear shock tower and bumpers from racing at thunder alley

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.