Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am sure this has been mentioned, but the AE stock 2wd tires work great on carpet for this truck.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
It could be your connectors, I had similar issues, and just went with direct bullets to the battery.
I am using bullet connectors. I resoldered it the first time and it happened again on the very next pack. I found a heavier duty bullet connector in my pitbox and it worked better, didnt come unsoldered but did get very hot, at the same time I lowered the timing advance but still had thermal shut down at 8 minutes. I'm stumped because I ran the EXACT same setup in my NEXX10 and it would run for 12 minutes before the LVC kicked in, never got hot at all and was faster(straight) than my SCTE.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coaltrain
I am using bullet connectors. I resoldered it the first time and it happened again on the very next pack. I found a heavier duty bullet connector in my pitbox and it worked better, didnt come unsoldered but did get very hot, at the same time I lowered the timing advance but still had thermal shut down at 8 minutes. I'm stumped because I ran the EXACT same setup in my NEXX10 and it would run for 12 minutes before the LVC kicked in, never got hot at all and was faster(straight) than my SCTE.
Are you using solid bullet connectors? I was using a deans plug with solid bullets and had the same issue. Took the deans out, got some good quality solder and a good iron and end of issues. This truck is heavy and puts a lot of load on electronics. A cold solder connection will cause problems. If your solder joint is dull and not smooth it is probably suspect. It should be shiny.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by myl3s91
Well there it is, after getting some shorter screws and some soldering the beast is ready to run! Used traxxas connector because i own a slash as well and use my 2s in both trucks! Anyways, i cant wait to hit the track!
truck looks great man, is that the 4000kv or 4600kv motor? Do you plan on buying the TLR kit for the truck, I never ran my truck stock to know how much of a difference It made but it drives like a dream.

If you dont plan on upgrading to the TLR kit, deff buy the TLR Spring kit front and rear and the Sway bar Kit so tune the truck to where your running.

I've been running Orange rear and Black front and handles great with stock sway bar's but I'm ordering the sway bar kit to see if I can get more out of the truck.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

I got a question and was wondering if someone has run the Dean's Ultra Wett noddle wire's on there truck?

It's suppose to be 1600 strains 12ga wire my only issue is that its copper wire and my current wires arnt copper. Will the copper wire work better as in less resistance and heat? All my wires are as short as possible but trying to make the the eletronics the best I can
Old 11-24-2011, 08:36 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
I got a question and was wondering if someone has run the Dean's Ultra Wett noddle wire's on there truck?

It's suppose to be 1600 strains 12ga wire my only issue is that its copper wire and my current wires arnt copper. Will the copper wire work better as in less resistance and heat? All my wires are as short as possible but trying to make the the eletronics the best I can
Copper is second only to silver in terms of resistance, way better then aluminum or steel.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DBL15
You went way to light in diff oils mate try
5/5/2 or 5/5/3 or I run 5/7/3

I to like the stock grease lol and I believe Losi is going to be selling it
soon
So everyone seems to be all over the board when it comes to diff oil. I just switched to the Losi from a SC10 4x4. Even the team driver setups are all different. Most of the guys at my local track are either running. 7/5/3 or 5/3/3.
Not sure which way I should go. I know diff setup is based on track conditions but I'm looking for a all around type setup. My two tracks are both indoors. One is high bite clay using smoothies and the other med traction dirt and clay mix.

I tend to want more front drive and steering into a corner rather then mid to exit steering. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 11-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtnbiker67
So everyone seems to be all over the board when it comes to diff oil. I just switched to the Losi from a SC10 4x4. Even the team driver setups are all different. Most of the guys at my local track are either running. 7/5/3 or 5/3/3.
Not sure which way I should go. I know diff setup is based on track conditions but I'm looking for a all around type setup. My two tracks are both indoors. One is high bite clay using smoothies and the other med traction dirt and clay mix.

I tend to want more front drive and steering into a corner rather then mid to exit steering. Any suggestions?

Thanks
5-5-3 is a pretty decent all around set up.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default 9x2 in a 4x4 SCT

Ok I have a low budget question.

I've been out of the hobby awhile but I drove by the local dirt track and this losi SCT truck has me hooked. The only problem I have is $$$ lol. I was wondering If I threw my old but still good Team checkpoint 9x2 and my old Novak GTX speed in this SCT would it over heat? Also would it be ok to race it in the open class at the local track. Wish I had the extra funds to pickup the new mamba that's made for the SCT but that's not going to happen for awhile.

Any knowledgable input would be great.

Many thanks....
Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Ok I have a low budget question.

I've been out of the hobby awhile but I drove by the local dirt track and this losi SCT truck has me hooked. The only problem I have is $$$ lol. I was wondering If I threw my old but still good Team checkpoint 9x2 and my old Novak GTX speed in this SCT would it over heat? Also would it be ok to race it in the open class at the local track. Wish I had the extra funds to pickup the new mamba that's made for the SCT but that's not going to happen for awhile.

Any knowledgable input would be great.

Many thanks....
Don't even try it. One or both will go up in smoke quickly. 550 two pole or 540 4 pole minimum.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Kewl thanks for the quick reply. I guess I just need to save up.

Just a question why would they go up in smoke it's a 10th scale?

I would think the heat of running mod touring car in the middle of summer in Florida with the hot asphalt and loads of grip for traction would be much more demanding than a 4wd spinning truck tire looking for traction. I'm sure the sct weighs more than a touring car not sure by how much. I'm not up to speed on the new brushless technology so I'll do some research and look for some good deals. Thanks for your time and reply.

Have a happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Kewl thanks for the quick reply. I guess I just need to save up.

Just a question why would they go up in smoke it's a 10th scale?

I would think the heat of running mod touring car in the middle of summer in Florida with the hot asphalt and loads of grip for traction would be much more demanding than a 4wd spinning truck tire looking for traction. I'm sure the sct weighs more than a touring car not sure by how much. I'm not up to speed on the new brushless technology so I'll do some research and look for some good deals. Thanks for your time and reply.

Have a happy Thanksgiving
It's actually closer in size and weight to an 1/8 scale.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcgod
It's actually closer in size and weight to an 1/8 scale.
the things as big as my buggy for sure
Old 11-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Ok thanks guys.....

Could you direct me to a good cheapo brushless system that would work good for this SCT and work in the open class.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

So besides De Racing rear skid plate, are there any other options out there?

It looks as though that's something that's needed on the truck.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.