Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Question

Hey guys, I have a question. I just recently changed out my diff grease to diff lube in all 3 diffs. I went 3-3-1, Is that a good start? The car didn't feel planted at all, it felt unpredictable and I could not drive it agressively at all. With the stock diff's i could drive it aggressive or not and it worked great. I know this has been asked before but does anyone really know what diff grease are in the diffs from LOSI? Thanks for any of your help. Also, how much toe out do you normally run?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You went way to light in diff oils mate try
5/5/2 or 5/5/3 or I run 5/7/3

I to like the stock grease lol and I believe Losi is going to be selling it soon
Old 11-24-2011, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Never thought my SCTE would win me a PIE!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Questions?? I run 3/3/1

Originally Posted by picco007
Hey guys, I have a question. I just recently changed out my diff grease to diff lube in all 3 diffs. I went 3-3-1, Is that a good start? The car didn't feel planted at all, it felt unpredictable and I could not drive it agressively at all. With the stock diff's i could drive it aggressive or not and it worked great. I know this has been asked before but does anyone really know what diff grease are in the diffs from LOSI? Thanks for any of your help. Also, how much toe out do you normally run?
I run 3/3/1... with bladders cut and 4600 tekin... im diled.... whats not planted>? Its a setup for loose track and its easy to drive.... what dont you like?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What length of sensor wire does the tekin 4600 come with?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I originally posted this in the Hobbywing 80/150 thread but did not get a reply.
I have the Xerun 80A esc in my Losi SCTE with a Novak 4.5 HV 550, this was the first weekend I've had that combo in this truck, I ran it several times in my Nexx10sc with no problems. The black wire coming from the esc to the battery got so hot it melted my battery and unsoldered itself, also, after about 6-7 minutes the esc shuts down and when I pull it off the red light is blinking. Im assuming the esc is thermal shut down, if I turn it off and then back on it will work. Has anyone used this ESC with the 550 Novak in this truck? I was using a 14t pinion with the stock spur throttle punch on 5, timing on 6. I lowered the timing to 3 but it still shut down after 7-8 minutes. The track I was running on was indoor clay with very high traction, the 2wd buggies run slicks. Maybe my gearing was off but when I temped the motor after a run it was around 160f.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DBL15
You went way to light in diff oils mate try
5/5/2 or 5/5/3 or I run 5/7/3

I to like the stock grease lol and I believe Losi is going to be selling it soon
DBL, I think I may try a little heavier. The stock grease was great on our track which is on the loose to medium traction. I'll give it a try.

thanks
Old 11-24-2011, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XXXDad
I run 3/3/1... with bladders cut and 4600 tekin... im diled.... whats not planted>? Its a setup for loose track and its easy to drive.... what dont you like?
The only thing I can think of is that I had to change out a rod end on my steering and not sure if i'm in the back to the stock toe out in the front....I did change to the aluminum rear hubs as well but not sure it that was the problem....it seemed twitchy and had a lot of steering last night....The traction was up....

Can you tell me what bladders cut mean? and also do you know how much toe out the truck should have? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

this typically happens when the batteries are starting to go bad. atleast from my experience.seen a couple orions do it the other night and when we checked the balance on them the cells were way off from one another. if its a lipo i would check that.

Originally Posted by coaltrain
I originally posted this in the Hobbywing 80/150 thread but did not get a reply.
I have the Xerun 80A esc in my Losi SCTE with a Novak 4.5 HV 550, this was the first weekend I've had that combo in this truck, I ran it several times in my Nexx10sc with no problems. The black wire coming from the esc to the battery got so hot it melted my battery and unsoldered itself, also, after about 6-7 minutes the esc shuts down and when I pull it off the red light is blinking. Im assuming the esc is thermal shut down, if I turn it off and then back on it will work. Has anyone used this ESC with the 550 Novak in this truck? I was using a 14t pinion with the stock spur throttle punch on 5, timing on 6. I lowered the timing to 3 but it still shut down after 7-8 minutes. The track I was running on was indoor clay with very high traction, the 2wd buggies run slicks. Maybe my gearing was off but when I temped the motor after a run it was around 160f.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

if there was alot of traction then you were losing most of the 4wd effect of the truck. i would put 5-3-2 or 5-5-2 to start with.

Originally Posted by picco007
The only thing I can think of is that I had to change out a rod end on my steering and not sure if i'm in the back to the stock toe out in the front....I did change to the aluminum rear hubs as well but not sure it that was the problem....it seemed twitchy and had a lot of steering last night....The traction was up....

Can you tell me what bladders cut mean? and also do you know how much toe out the truck should have? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default hinge pins options?

hi guys.. has anyone chg the hinge pins to other than Losi/Chris pins?
i've bend quite a few and is looking for alternatives like Kyoshos' as they have a dealer near where i stay, rather than ordering online just for a few pins..

anyone tried? thanx
Old 11-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cm.stites
this typically happens when the batteries are starting to go bad. atleast from my experience.seen a couple orions do it the other night and when we checked the balance on them the cells were way off from one another. if its a lipo i would check that.
Doubt that's it, happened on a couple of batteries. I'm thinking I need to go to a 13t pinion and take boost and timing to 0 and see how that works.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by coaltrain
It could be your connectors, I had similar issues, and just went with direct bullets to the battery.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bdechenzio
Thx for the reply, was afraid of that... went ahead and ordered a set. Saw the screw in the exploded view, but Amain could do a better job of explaining the products...

thx
Brad
Seems my statement may need some clarification here.... I meant nothing disparaging toward Amain... As it stands, I'm waiting on 2 decent sized orders from them right now, and will be purchasing a new esc/motor combo from them in the near future... I assume that Amain "descriptions" come directly from the manufacturers, as I'm certain they don't have the time/ means to check each product and produce their own description of each/ every product they sell.... That said, I REALLY wish the manufactures would include a much more detailed product sheet...

anyway, my apologies if I misstated myself, or anyone took this statement in a negative fashion.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving

Brad
Old 11-24-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is the Tekin Redline SC4X 4.5 Turn, Sensored, Brushless 550 Motor. This motor is Tekinís latest contribution to high performance competition oriented components. Designed specifically for the Pro4 Short Course class, this motor can be used with any 1:10th scale 4wd Short Course chassis. The longer can and rotor provide more torque and lower operating temperatures, giving you the power you need to stay ahead of the competition. Engineered for power and efficiency, the Redline SC4X motors offer a superior and reliable platform for your 4wd Short Course needs.

just in case any ones looking for a motor for there losi ten 80.00 shipped pay pal. Brand new ran one weekend for back up motor

Pro long grease in the diffs gets rid of you traction problems and leaks. put the grease in.. for get about it and drive it like it came from the factory ready to race GREAT TRUCK

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.