Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
sweet, is the size about the same as the 10th scale do you think? sorry for all the questions, its just getting me excited about all this viper stuff lol
After they do their press release we can talk more about it. I will say after all the Viper gear is released the other companies are going to have to up the overall quality of their products. Not saying everything is really that bad, I still love my RX8 and RS Pro but it's a huge price tag. But after looking really close at Viper versus the all the other guys and when you feel the ESC you can tell a lot of thinking went into making it and after you try the ESC you will know why.

Ryan signed with Viper last week, looking forward to hearing his thoughts on their products also.

Ok sorry back on track.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
I dunno. One side broke, then the other. It's not a commonly broken part?

You just broke the pastic cover here and you can buy the plastic cover from the SCTE to replace it if thats all you need/want.

Originally Posted by rcman45
there were no sway bars on my losi when i pulled it out of the box, and i like my losi but just havent raced it yet, i only ran it a dozon times in the street. no this is not someone elses this is mine! damn it

Ummm, that ones impossible. Too much weight missing, the car would have never made it out of the factory. The hobby shop likely walked off with them, maybe to make the other car work at all, lol.

Originally Posted by BmainStar
So it`s gonna be don't ask don't tell on the current gears? They work great but the mold died? O ...K... So new mold, new gears and new vendor have nothing to do with the current gears ...Hmmmm and not asking any ??`s just thinking out loud here cuzz my truck is now a shelf queen cuzz of the gears..
Bmain...I have noticed you can be a bit negative, lol. I gave all the information I have even though I am not supposed to. In the future, because of your post, I will just put they should be in stock in the future. I said why we went with a new vendor (great new gear software) so why you question me is not understandable. The hh customer support now has a very limited number of gears. You can contact them and see if they have a set available for you. These are only for those that ran the bad pins long enough to ruin the gears. Not for those running anything other than losi hardened pins.

there isn't any chance of the hinge pins backing out because that plastic case is broken is there? i've only tore this thing down once and i can't remember if the other end is threaded or what it looks like.
The pins can fall out no problem with out the cover. Nothing to keep them in.

Originally Posted by SaladFork
No problem, and you are in luck it's one part that is in stock.

I did notice when you tighten the screws down to much it causes the ends to pop up a little, this could cause some stress and make it easier to break.
I am not understanding this comment, most of the parts are in stock now in hobby shops as well as Horizon. Heck, tomorrow, even the serrated nuts and lightened outdrives should be in.

Did someone at Tekin say they are releasing one next month? Last I heard it was a rumor, but a smilie face did come from Randy at Tekin when I asked about it three weeks ago. I would love to see a sensored 4 pole 550...
Yeah, the thing is a beast too. It runs cool and its WAY fast. Its a sensored 4 pole and it has finished testing and should be available in about 1-2 months.

I got to try my viper vxl-xl 4.5 and it kicked butt. I would say its between the novak and the tekin. Great motor.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After they do their press release we can talk more about it. I will say after all the Viper gear is released the other companies are going to have to up the overall quality of their products. Not saying everything is really that bad, I still love my RX8 and RS Pro but it's a huge price tag. But after looking really close at Viper versus the all the other guys and when you feel the ESC you can tell a lot of thinking went into making it and after you try the ESC you will know why.

Ryan signed with Viper last week, looking forward to hearing his thoughts on their products also. :

Ok sorry back on track.

daamn, im running what i have till their products come out....then i may just grab up a 4-pole tekin and a viper esc
Old 05-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry Ryan, the parts I meant being out of stock was the aluminum pivot blocks. I hope your web devs working some OT tonight, nothing is in stock for the hopups.

Looking forward to the out drives.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Yeah, the thing is a beast too. It runs cool and its WAY fast. Its a sensored 4 pole and it has finished testing and should be available in about 1-2 months.

I got to try my viper vxl-xl 4.5 and it kicked butt. I would say its between the novak and the tekin. Great motor.
Now im gonna have to get the viper esc lol, do you know how much the motor is going to be when it comes out?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
I notice your sway bar set screws are in pretty far....does it have side to side play or is it locked in?
nice catch. i always have a tendency to over-tighten. don't know how many stripped screws it's going to take before it sinks in, but yes. it was locked in. not anymore though! thanks.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

nice catch. i always have a tendency to over-tighten. don't know how many stripped screws it's going to take before it sinks in, but yes. it was locked in. not anymore though! thanks.
Your biggest issue looks like those outdrives Those will be binding your suspension big time when you are on the throttle I can't wait for these HD ones to come in, I've had them backordered for quite some time. Mine look bad too, but not quite that bad

Though I have no experience with the broken hingepin covers on these trucks, on the 8ights they break like that too, but very rarely wiggle out because of the way they are pinched in with the 3 degrees of toe. I wouldn't worry too much about running it that way if you can't find a cover soon.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

to all the guys running the 1410 motor

which wires are to conect to my tekin RX8 so i dont blow the motor up

A = what colour

B = what colour

C = what colour
Old 05-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DBL15

A = what colour

B = what colour

C = what colour
It's a non censored motor. What speed you using?

Last edited by jmc23; 05-17-2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: spell check errors
Old 05-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmc23
It's a non censored motor. What speed you using?
Sorry didn't see the speedo you listed at first. I don't have the rx8 myself . but I would install them in the same order as your motor ex. white red black white A red B black C if the motor runs backward switch the white and black . hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DBL15

A = what colour

B = what colour

C = what colour
Here is the 1415, would be the same as the 1410.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Actually I do have one with the 1410 installed...

Old 05-17-2011, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thanks mate

black near the black

white in the middle

red near the red

cool cheers for that
Old 05-17-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tekin

just to let you know kyle johnson has signed with tekin for the rest of the year and cant wait to support there products..he has used there equipment in the last few months with great results,,,wana thank randy p and ryan d,,thanks guyz,,kyles pit dad
Old 05-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Ryan signed with Viper last week, looking forward to hearing his thoughts on their products also.
I would rather hear it from someone who is not on the payroll of the manufacturer or sponsored

my guess is that it would be more objective

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.