Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4.1 FT/WC

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

to the guy suggesting Radio Post because they feel like Futaba... that's all well and good, but I can't stand the way Futaba feels

It's the trigger... why they can't offer an adjustable one is beyond me. I have fat fingers and when I squeeze the trigger it's just not comfortable. The M11 (old one) is a little big for me but you can always throw a piece of fuel tube over to adjust it.

I did hold the MT-4 and it felt pretty good. Same with the M11x and the Spektrum...not sure of the model. Their high end one with the drop down.

I'm thinking get the M11x and then keep my current radio and a receiver for VRC
Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
to the guy suggesting Radio Post because they feel like Futaba... that's all well and good, but I can't stand the way Futaba feels

It's the trigger... why they can't offer an adjustable one is beyond me. I have fat fingers and when I squeeze the trigger it's just not comfortable. The M11 (old one) is a little big for me but you can always throw a piece of fuel tube over to adjust it.

I did hold the MT-4 and it felt pretty good. Same with the M11x and the Spektrum...not sure of the model. Their high end one with the drop down.

Bob you just need to buy my M8 and kick it old school.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

It's all good your still learning. Futaba is the most comefortable period!! Everyone knows it!! And there is ways to adjust a trigger. The M11X also acts as a brick I case someone gets out of hand on the drivers stand! Back on topic!!

Originally Posted by Bob Barry

Old 03-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

i have used them all, 4pk, m8,m11x,spectrum pro, radio post, ko, and to me most of them have their pros and cons! but to say the m11x(which btw is what i use)is heavy like a brick, well then i suggest u work out some and quit being a girlyman and grow some muscle!! to me if it was any lighter, it would feel like a cheap toy radio in my hands.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Thinking of trying the Team SR carbon fiber shock towers? Has anyone used them? My reasoning is because I've broken a few and hoping these add some durability.
Blake
Old 03-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you're breaking stock front towers, that other tower wont help. Not being mean, just honest. Save your money for tires and track time.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

With work I can only make it once a week and that is it and I frequently run out of talent while racing. You did not hurt my feelings. I haven't broken a front tower for a while, probably get one Saturday now, but most of the time it is from running into someone stopped on the track and not saying anything. As far as tires I feel like I actually have that locked down. Scrubs on the front and a mix of M4 Suburbs or Silver TenDroids on the back depending on moisture in the track.
Blake
Old 03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
jf+
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Philosophical conundrum:

Did I have good karma, because I bought a new part right before the old one broke?
Or did I have bad karma, because the old part broke right after buying the new one?

Actual question:

My local track's drivers pretty much swear by JConcepts Double Dees on the rear. Only problem is, because these only come in super soft green, they die ridiculously quickly. The track is gritty, sometimes dusty hard-pack dirt/clay. Usually it's dry, almost never "muddy". My LHS sells the premounted DDs for $24 a pair, which is a great price, but not if they only last a couple long practice days.

Can anybody suggest a viable alternative that comes in a harder compound? Obviously I'm going to lose grip here, but for the sake of my wallet, it's a trade-off I'm heavily contemplating. Help is much appreciated! Bonus points if the cost is comparable.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Maybe like some red x-2000's if they make them anymore. Or m3 holeshots.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jf+
Philosophical conundrum:

Did I have good karma, because I bought a new part right before the old one broke?
Or did I have bad karma, because the old part broke right after buying the new one?

Actual question:

My local track's drivers pretty much swear by JConcepts Double Dees on the rear. Only problem is, because these only come in super soft green, they die ridiculously quickly. The track is gritty, sometimes dusty hard-pack dirt/clay. Usually it's dry, almost never "muddy". My LHS sells the premounted DDs for $24 a pair, which is a great price, but not if they only last a couple long practice days.

Can anybody suggest a viable alternative that comes in a harder compound? Obviously I'm going to lose grip here, but for the sake of my wallet, it's a trade-off I'm heavily contemplating. Help is much appreciated! Bonus points if the cost is comparable.
If you want to stick with JConcepts you can try the new Hybrid. It's made in blue and will wear better than green even though you may sacrifice some grip, but you might not either.

http://blog.jconcepts.net/2012/03/jc...eases-hybrids/
Old 03-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Losi silver step pins!!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

I read this somewhere a few pages back... Someone was saying that they were running orange losi front springs and white rear; and someone said to go silver front for more traction??? LOL why would you go stiffer spring for more traction?... I run full losi shocks/springs, and people look at my car like I'm crazy. I run orange/white because I wanted something similar to brown/green. On the spring comparison chart it goes like this:

Front: Brown 2.8, orange 2.9
Rear: green 1.9, white 1.8

What I've noticed is that my laps times are about .4 second faster and my car jumps a hell of a lot better. Btw, I use older losi springs that are colored. I did a side by side comparison with spring diameter of the big bores and the older painted springs and found that the internal diameter is only a .5-1mm difference. Yes, prob makes a difference; but I don't care. I have a box of old losi springs in every color. Not about to spend another $100 for new springs.

Point is... For whoever is getting eye rolls from people when you mix parts or use older parts, just keep doing what you're doing. The lap times don't lie.

Keep on racin!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've always felt DD's to be squirmy whereas X-2000/X-3000's were always more stable and consistent. Keep in mind it's been a while but I remember trading a racing buddy a pair of DD's for X-2000's and being happier for it after trying the DD's for the first time.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jf+
Philosophical conundrum:

Actual question:

you can start soaking the used wheels in acetone and glue up your own tires. thats what i do and its much cheaper not having to buy wheels
Old 03-21-2012, 02:14 PM
jf+
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tyler Keel
Maybe like some red x-2000's if they make them anymore. Or m3 holeshots.
I tried the M3 Holeshots and grip was not very good, and they didn't seem to last any longer. I'll take a look at the other ones tho - thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.