Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im looking at getting a 4wd buggy. I picked up a used b44.1 ft. I havent installed the electronics yet. After reading about the dex410v3, im thinking about picking one up if i get find one. How would these compare to each other? I run on a clay indoor track. I have a lrp sxx tc v2 esc. Just need a motor and servo. I was thinking a 7.5 motor and maybe a savox 1257 or 1258 tg. Not sure which one would be better for 4wd. Thanks guys.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shark2288
Im looking at getting a 4wd buggy. I picked up a used b44.1 ft. I havent installed the electronics yet. After reading about the dex410v3, im thinking about picking one up if i get find one. How would these compare to each other? I run on a clay indoor track. I have a lrp sxx tc v2 esc. Just need a motor and servo. I was thinking a 7.5 motor and maybe a savox 1257 or 1258 tg. Not sure which one would be better for 4wd. Thanks guys.
thats a real open ended question based mainly on opinion I will provide you some facts as i see them
1. its still primarily driver and tires that win
2. B44 is very capable
3. Durango dex410 whether v3 or not is very capable
4.B44 seem to be more fragile to me as even as recent as saturday I was again only car to finish (dex410 spec) - Bear in mind I win most of the time and dont crash much but when i do other than ball cups car has been bullitproof.
5. My car the way it is set up has been easiest to drive compared to others- I let others drive my car and they say its a cheater car )
6. I use ryan Lutz's setup -the one with 30 k front diff fluid and it is awesome

Now for my total opinion- I think the gear diffs(I rarely mess with them unlike ball diffs in all my other cars) are amazing. I think once you fix all the little things you need to address the durango is extremely capable and dependable

hope this helps
Old 01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
am
Tech Master

Here is a small video of one of our fastest drivers at theis track. This is our only indoor track on clay in Norway. We currently have -7 degrees celsius, but inly 5-10 cm of snow.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egzXs...layer_embedded
Old 01-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cota4rt
thats a real open ended question based mainly on opinion I will provide you some facts as i see them
1. its still primarily driver and tires that wi
2. B44 is very capable
3. Durango dex410 whether v3 or not is very capable
4.B44 seem to be more fragile to me as even as recent as saturday I was again only car to finish (dex410 spec) - Bear in mind I win most of the time and dont crash much but when i do other than ball cups car has been bullitproof.
5. My car the way it is set up has been easiest to drive compared to others- I let others drive my car and they say its a cheater car )
6. I use ryan Lutz's setup -the one with 30 k front diff fluid and it is awesome

Now for my total opinion- I think the gear diffs(I rarely mess with them unlike ball diffs in all my other cars) are amazing. I think once you fix all the little things you need to address the durango is extremely capable and dependable

hope this helps
Thanks for response. It definitely seems as though the durango is more durable then the b44.1. How does the v3 compare to the 2010 spec? The spec seems to be very expensive on ebay. $600+!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shark2288
Thanks for response. It definitely seems as though the durango is more durable then the b44.1. How does the v3 compare to the 2010 spec? The spec seems to be very expensive on ebay. $600+!

once again very subjective question
I am not positive all the differences but mainly big bore shocks. Personally i run indoors and i dont see the "need". Notice i said need. Refer back to point # one of driver and tires main factor for most of us.
I usually buy used cars and let someone else eat the original cost. used specs are available for $200 range with spares. I got lucky and got a perfect one for $200!!
I also have the "r" version as a backup and with a few additions of alum hinge pein holders it feels the same as the spec.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by am
Here is a small video of one of our fastest drivers at theis track. This is our only indoor track on clay in Norway. We currently have -7 degrees celsius, but inly 5-10 cm of snow.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egzXs...layer_embedded
Nice video. Track looks like fun!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 12:06 PM
am
Tech Master

Default Durango & Axial sold to Hobbico

WOW!!!!

Check out Neobuggy!

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news/
Old 01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by am
WOW!!!!

Check out Neobuggy!

Huh. I wonder if this is similar to how Horizon Hobby owns Losi and etc.?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by am
WOW!!!!

Check out Neobuggy!

I wonder if this throws out the HRP exclusive distribution now?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-A-N-4-4
Hey guys,

I'm having problems with my slipper/ spur assembly binding. It's chunky and especially when coming off of the throttle. All of the noise is coming from the spur slipper area.

The diffs are smooth when I roll it with now motor installed? So idk what's going on.

I just finished building it so everything is fresh... I've tried rebuilding it and shimming the bearing differently like 3 times.

Please help so I can drive this thing!
Still have not solved this problem...
Old 01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

I'm sure it does as hobbico is the exclusive distributor for thier own brands usually. and yes it is the same as horizon/losi hobbico also has a big stake in futaba.as most futaba equipment is repaired by them.. Thats the one thing i hated i live here where both hobbico and horizon are and still couldnt get durango parts locally. now i will enjoy it hopefully being able too if they ever get parts in stock.

Originally Posted by jmackani
Old 01-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
You gotta think so right? Don't know what it means for TD and its employees & Drivers, but maybe parts availability will be improved ?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobamiester
You gotta think so right? Don't know what it means for TD and its employees & Drivers, but maybe parts availability will be improved ?
I was thinking about parts availability getting better also.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:57 PM
am
Tech Master

I think that parts avalability problem is because Durango can not buy enough space in the production line at Kingstar.

On the other hand, maybe Kingstar do not have anymore space in their production line. They produce for quite alot of companys. If that is the case, what will happend with molds and tooling? Maybe this is why there are delays in spareparts and kits.

I am just guessing here and hope i am mistaken i both senarios.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

It is quite possible that due to the nature of the logistics of companies being purchased that part production etc was put on hold to establish a price for inventory,accts receivable etc while values were established. Then possible delays due to factory scheduling and new ownership placing orders etc. REMEMBER this is pure speculation!! lol seems like one plausible explanation or part of it. Carry on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.