Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Tresrey Propaganda getting old...

What I did was drill a very tiny hole next to the hinge pin hole and screwed in a button head that fits over the hinge pin so it doesn't slide out.
+100
Old 03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dexon555
Gabe,

Go to Hobby Super store and pick up the last DEX410 V3 that Felix has. BTW, both RC Hobbies and Hobby Super Store stock Team Durango Parts.
Otherwise buy a used kit and save some money, I might be selling my Fully Loaded 2010 Spec since I just bought the v3. I was running the v3 on Sunday.

Do you notice a big difference between your spec and V3? Apparently if you are selling it. Just wanted know if you ran them back to back. I had a spec then upgraded to V3 and dont really remember the difference.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default Spec vs. V3

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Do you notice a big difference between your spec and V3? Apparently if you are selling it. Just wanted know if you ran them back to back. I had a spec then upgraded to V3 and dont really remember the difference.
In my opinion the overall handling of the cars are the same (I already had Fat Shocks and Machined diff gears etc.), what you are getting with the V3 is newer updated parts group and features. These parts don't make the car drive better just reduces the maintenance. The new deeper countersink chassis screw holes, the Ti Ni shock shafts, the awesome HD-ball cups, more refined interval tuning with Anti-squat and roll center etc...
They have just made the car even easier to live with and enjoy. Best 4wd out there.

BTW: love the new D-link option, much more clearance over batteries.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default V3

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
How could I forget those magnificent 14mm hexes!!!! Greatest thing ever! No more pin drive for me. I upgraded to the Tresrey hexes so no more pin retention issues with red glue. I will try the DE rims this weekend. for the first time. The DE's feel stiffer, like the DE's for the DESC410R, wich I love compared to the flexy factory rims. We shall see.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default V3

?

Last edited by dexon555; 03-20-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Duplicated Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G SquareD
Been itching to get into 4wd 1/10 buggy. From the research I've done it seems that the top three kits are the B44.1, DEX410 V3 and the Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS2 SP.

Off the bat I'm a bit weary of doing with the DEX410, due to the durability of Durango in general. It seems like a great car besides how fragile it can be. I realize this may be impacted by driver style, but seems that out on the track, even the best drivers have more parts break on the Durango than any of the of other top brands.

The AE and Kyosho also seem top notch. However they seem a bit dated a might be due for a update soon, so don't want to jump into something that will soon be refreshed.

The other major factor that I'm waiting on is to see what Losi TLR brings out to refresh the greatly outdated XXX. I own a 22B and love the darn thing. Been hearing rumors that TLR is designing a 4wd based on the 22 design.

Any input on these buggies is greatly appreciated!
Here are the facts at my track:
I am the only Durango
My Durango is set up according to the bulletins on their website i.e. diffs, driveshafts etc
1. The only races I have not finished are due to ball cups popping off after high speed grazing of wall turned into high speed tumble-popped back on and racing in seconds.
2. In a field of usually 5-8 b44's it is not unusual for me to be the last man standing.
3. Durability is the best when comparing to assoc. No experience with KYOsho zx but my RB5's are very durable.
4. The DEX has SO MUCH steering I regularly run the D/R in the 70% range!!
5. The car is VERY capable in the right hands and the comments I get are how smooth the car is( I really think they are just commenting on my driving perfection!! lol)
6. Maintenance is a breeze- no ball diffs to worry about and i rarely do anything to my car other than check bolts and every 4 months change diff fluids. I have a backup car that never gets used.

Parts will be back in stock but you really wont need many if set up right. If you are a crasher and basher you will break anything tho

I can drive any car I want and I choose this one

That being said I would like to try the ZX5 A good driver can win with any car for the most part. Check out the spectrum race and you will see a losi xx won the main
Old 03-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cota4rt
I am the only Durango
My Durango is set up according to the bulletins on their website i.e. diffs, driveshafts etc
1. The only races I have not finished are due to ball cups popping off after high speed grazing of wall turned into high speed tumble-popped back on and racing in seconds.
2. In a field of usually 5-8 b44's it is not unusual for me to be the last man standing.
3. Durability is the best when comparing to assoc. No experience with KYOsho zx but my RB5's are very durable.
5. The car is VERY capable in the right hands and the comments I get are how smooth the car is( I really think they are just commenting on my driving perfection!! lol)
6. Maintenance is a breeze- no ball diffs to worry about and i rarely do anything to my car other than check bolts and every 4 months change diff fluids. I have a backup car that never gets used.

Parts will be back in stock but you really wont need many if set up right. If you are a crasher and basher you will break anything tho

That being said I would like to try the ZX5 A good driver can win with any car for the most part. Check out the spectrum race and you will see a losi xx won the main
Thanks for the feedback cota4rt & Dexter. If anyone else has comments...keep them coming...thanks.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cota4rt
I am the only Durango

Yes! Hit it out of the park in all aspects.

The initial selling point for me to get a 410 for Cush was the gear diffs. The AE car is solid and capable, but the diff maintenance scared me away, and I'm plenty experienced at building them. Moving forward to now, about a year and a half later, I couldn't be happier with the decision. The car is nearly bulletproof with a few upgrades on it, is highly tunable, has excellent build quality, and Cush is fast with it. The last part is sort of a throw away cause my brother can drive about anything and be fast, but the car is easily tuned to how he likes. In my little rc world Durango cars are the only option out there in any class they offer a vehicle for. The 4wd sc is equally as good, if not better (considering the other trucks in the class), the 210 is awesome, and no doubt the sc and st will be just as great.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Can someone tell me were I can get the fat shocks?

thanks

I just got this buggy and really dont want to put losi on it unless I have to.
Are these the ones? TDR230004

Last edited by rokitman; 03-20-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rokitman
Can someone tell me were I can get the fat shocks?

thanks

I just got this buggy and really dont want to put losi on it unless I have to.
Are these the ones? TDR230004
I have a set (front and rear) of brand new, still in plastic big bore shocks that I don't need anymore. I'm about to post it, but you want them, please PM me.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niner
I have a set (front and rear) of brand new, still in plastic big bore shocks that I don't need anymore. I'm about to post it, but you want them, please PM me.
pm sent
Old 03-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default DEX BB

xxx
Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Guys,

can you post some fix on the frequent Wing mount problem most of us ( not expert) are experiencing, like breaking of Rear Bulkheads... mine i have broken 2 sets already and leaves my Wing always needing of a holder... hahaha.....

my kid uses the 410 specs.... its though and i only get to change the bulkhead like twice but would want to have a fix when the rear bulkhead breaks.... i dont want to change both when one gets damaged... in order for a wing to be mounted...

will try something later..... hmmmmm.....
Old 03-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Ok so this is what happens when your rear Bulkhead breaks.

Fix to my wing mounts problem.

i have yet to test this one...... hope it lasts from the beatings.....
Old 03-21-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

haha old school, nice
Won't break, but you may end up with the wing bent off at a funny angle occasionally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.