Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shortbusallstar
Just wanted to throw this small bit of info i learned out to others.

Check your rear hinge pins, I was struggling with the rear end of the car making all types of changes to keep it planted & what I found was one of the pins slightly bent, could not notice it by eye but it did roll funny when taken off the car. I have taken for granted how strong this car is & after 10 weeks of wacking walls i bent some stuff lol,
I meant to ask you last night after you told me to check my car as well. When you pulled the shocks off, was the arm sticking? or moving freely?
Old 04-20-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default shock spacing

Hi,

Just going back to the spacing of shocks, i know what happens with the car if you add spacers to the top of the front shocks but what happens if you space the top and bottom of the shock equally?

Also what happens when you space the rear shocks out, ie spacers at top or again adding spacers top and bottom equally?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
The way I think of it is as if I'm holding a pipe in my hand. Put a blob of weight on each end of the pipe. Slide the weights out to the ends of the pipe and try to quickly rotate the the pipe back and forth. It's difficult to make the pipe change direction quickly because you have to over come the inertia of the weights. Now move the weights in toward your hand and it becomes easier the closer the weights get to your hand.
I think of the shocks as those weights. Put spacers behind the shocks and it becomes a little harder for the chassis to change direction quickly. It mellows out the chassis especially in high speed chicanes.

my $0.02
Old 04-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

We just started racing on carpet, indoor cricket type. Very small track with more or less a slalom and a straight. Very slippery. Zero chance of traction rolling. Given that we probably won't get the chance to put any sort of significant rubber into the line (temporary venue), what would you use as your base setup?

I'm currently on the Asphalt setup with a 13.5T motor. Chucked some 20R sorex tyres on and they worked fine, didn't seem to overheat in the 5m runs, despite the ambient temp (~28C maybe).

I was wondering if it was worth trying the carpet setup, or if the lack of grip in the track made the more flexible asphalt setup a better idea?
Old 04-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Im wanting to upgrade my spool outdrives, seeing as though flyingfox arent available now which ones are the best?

Nikita
Atomic
R1wurks
Xray

Cheers
Old 04-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrRolla
Im wanting to upgrade my spool outdrives, seeing as though flyingfox arent available now which ones are the best?

Nikita
Atomic
R1wurks
Xray

Cheers
I suggest the Nikitas as they are very strong and light!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
I suggest the Nikitas as they are very strong and light!
+1
Old 04-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nikita
Atomic
R1wurks
Xray

Cheers
Atomic has outdrives made in alu and steelas well i use the alu version and have been sturdy so far (but i do have the xray hard bumper installed)
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi! The included blocks give you 3 degree rear toe (w/ 0deg hubs) and .5deg front arm sweep. Front and back width is about 170mm measured from hex end to hex end when using 5mm hex hubs.
I really like the look of the conversion, but have a couple question.
With the blocks and no shims installed to adjust roll center, how does that compare to the lowest stock roll center?
Can we still install the servo north south or only west east?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default Xray Ecs

Hi,

Have all the issues with the xray ecs's now been sorted as i know they used to break easily. The pins used to break or come out, does the flat spot pins solve this?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:42 AM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Nikita
Atomic
R1wurks
Xray

Cheers
I have used the Xray Aluminium ones and the were crap, I have now installed the new Xray spring steel ones 305137 they are very snug with little slop.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I really like the look of the conversion, but have a couple question.
With the blocks and no shims installed to adjust roll center, how does that compare to the lowest stock roll center?
Can we still install the servo north south or only west east?
Rui, they posted in another thread that they are mid roll center, you can shim up, but not down, you should be able to use a flipped tamiya block to achieve low, but that kinda defeats the purpose. I'm guessing with the additional flex low roll center may not be needed? it seems even the euro setups most run mid.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Rui, they posted in another thread that they are mid roll center, you can shim up, but not down, you should be able to use a flipped tamiya block to achieve low, but that kinda defeats the purpose. I'm guessing with the additional flex low roll center may not be needed? it seems even the euro setups most run mid.
Hey Mike,
Do you know what thread that was in? I did a quick search and found one other thread, but that was not mentioned in it.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Hey Mike,
Do you know what thread that was in? I did a quick search and found one other thread, but that was not mentioned in it.
Actually earlier in this thread, start here, its discussed for a few pages:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post10559008
Old 04-24-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Actually earlier in this thread, start here, its discussed for a few pages:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post10559008
Thought u meant a different thread. Yeah, i saw most of those posts.
thanks Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.