Originally Posted by defcone
do the blocks change handling?
Yes but not adversly.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sagejyoung
Hi,

i use sorex on asphalt - this weekend at a club meeting for the heats i ran sweep tyres - ok they were old etc i found the car to be unpredictable for the mains i changed to a set of sorex and there was an immediate difference. the sorex tyres were as old and had just as much track time at the sweeps did but wow what a difference it made. i also made sure i did the same prep routine for each set to minimize differences. i can now say sorex are the answer for consistency and we all know what consistency means in RC.
Cool thanks for the feedback. What is the weather out there. It has been around 60 so I ordered some 25 Rides and Cool sweeps. I will have to get some sorex.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCMICK
Cool thanks for the feedback. What is the weather out there. It has been around 60 so I ordered some 25 Rides and Cool sweeps. I will have to get some sorex.
im glad i could help - what i have found with sweep EXP tyres is that they drop off in consistency the older they get, the sorex seem to have kept consistent, i think if you combine the consistency of the tyres and the Xray T3 2012 you have a powerful combination. i also use paragon on the tyres (white label) in tyre prep.

we see air temps in autumn, now, at around 21-25 celcius. track temps see most of the guys runnings 36's with the odd few now changing over to a 28 or 32 due to the change in air and ground temp outside. tyre warmers arent needed in summer but in winter up in johannesburg its important.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Can I use a "heat shrink tube" on "ECS drive shaft" so that the pen can not be separated?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

im glad i could help - what i have found with sweep EXP tyres is that they drop off in consistency the older they get, the sorex seem to have kept consistent, i think if you combine the consistency of the tyres and the Xray T3 2012 you have a powerful combination. i also use paragon on the tyres (white label) in tyre prep.

we see air temps in autumn, now, at around 21-25 celcius. track temps see most of the guys runnings 36's with the odd few now changing over to a 28 or 32 due to the change in air and ground temp outside. tyre warmers arent needed in summer but in winter up in johannesburg its important.
I heard Paragon is really good. I was told by the fastest guy at our local track that this is the best stuff is the best, Liquid Gravity LG2 Tire Traction from Paul Lemieux that is from Xray. They make a cleaner an a additive. I bought both Liquid Gravity and paragon. You can get a cleaner by LG too. Have you tried Ride tires?

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=3844
Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Just tried the Exotek "Flex Top Deck" with my stock chassis. Didn't seem to add any flex, if anything it felt a little stiffer. I wonder if it's intended to be used with Exotek's XR3 chassis? Or is it designed to change the flex zones on the chassis rather than making it overall more flexy?
Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcar951
Just tried the Exotek "Flex Top Deck" with my stock chassis. Didn't seem to add any flex, if anything it felt a little stiffer. I wonder if it's intended to be used with Exotek's XR3 chassis? Or is it designed to change the flex zones on the chassis rather than making it overall more flexy?
It's 2mm like the original xray so I wouldn't expect more flex from the original one.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by b.wihardja
Can I use a "heat shrink tube" on "ECS drive shaft" so that the pen can not be separated?
Yes. It works quite well. I'd still periodically check the pin and setscrew to be safe. The pin can still poke a hole in the heat shrink if you let it go too long.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcar951

Hey Jim contact this guy BAD007SUZUKI, post 3450, you know where. You might have what he wants.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCMICK
I heard Paragon is really good. I was told by the fastest guy at our local track that this is the best stuff is the best, Liquid Gravity LG2 Tire Traction from Paul Lemieux that is from Xray. They make a cleaner an a additive. I bought both Liquid Gravity and paragon. You can get a cleaner by LG too. Have you tried Ride tires?

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=3844
i havent tried ride tyres. I just checked my lap times for a comparison.

both runs with sweeps were slower than my one run with sorex. we will prob start running 32's now cause of the cold mornings and hence have placed an order for some now in HK. pay for tyres - you can only win a race on all 4 tyres! so make sure you dont compromise.

i also have a question on the rear 1 Degree toe hubs. whats the difference if i run my 17.5 with the 1 degree offset hubs and my 13.5 with the 0 degree hubs? ie less arm sweep.

i found my car much more planted with the 1 degree hubs than the 0 degree hubs, i would like to know why? anyone got a link to the difference in arm sweep? as a result im changing my 13.5 to 1 degree hubs as well.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Is it already for sale?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

i havent tried ride tyres. I just checked my lap times for a comparison.

both runs with sweeps were slower than my one run with sorex. we will prob start running 32's now cause of the cold mornings and hence have placed an order for some now in HK. pay for tyres - you can only win a race on all 4 tyres! so make sure you dont compromise.

i also have a question on the rear 1 Degree toe hubs. whats the difference if i run my 17.5 with the 1 degree offset hubs and my 13.5 with the 0 degree hubs? ie less arm sweep.

i found my car much more planted with the 1 degree hubs than the 0 degree hubs, i would like to know why? anyone got a link to the difference in arm sweep? as a result im changing my 13.5 to 1 degree hubs as well.
Can't answer specifically, but remember that when using less inner rear toe the wheelbase will actually be longer.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Spacing out the shocks!!

Hi,

I noticed on Hagberg's last setup that he was using 2mm spacers at the top and bottom of the shocks against the tower and wisbones. He is running this on the front and back shocks and i was just wondering what this did and how it affects the cars handling?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hi,

I noticed on Hagberg's last setup that he was using 2mm spacers at the top and bottom of the shocks against the tower and wisbones. He is running this on the front and back shocks and i was just wondering what this did and how it affects the cars handling?
At the ETS we were as much as 4mm at the top spaced out. It smooths the car out in high speed sections of the track such as sweepers and chicanes. And the chicane at ETS was brutal!

EA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.