Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Update for sensored motors?
Old 02-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by wyd
Pics of my touring car setup with Mamba Max setup for brushed high power setup. I could of jumped the three wires going to the negative but I didn't do that just because if I go brushless I have all my wires ready to just solder to the motor. Lazy I guess.
Wyd,

Looks good How do you compare the performance of the mamba with your previous "brushed" ESC?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:14 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rajS
Wyd,

Looks good How do you compare the performance of the mamba with your previous "brushed" ESC?
To be honest it works just as we4ll as my Keyence Zero Extreme and my Hara Twister. Main difference other than it is a little bigger is it is easily programable thru the computer and it runs brushed /brushless.

The power and overall feel on the track is excellent for me. This is my first time with a speedo that can run both types of motors. I do like the adjustablity thru the computer. I have an old laptop that I can use at the track to really work with the settings if need be. Once I had it set though I didn't actually need to change it at the track, I just experimented.

Now when I use a brushless motor I will be experimenting alot more with different settings to learn how they affect the brushless side...........I'm experianced with the brushed side but brushless will be totally new for me this year.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Crash.. Ya got PM
Old 03-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CRASH
Jimmy,

If you between a 9 and 10 turn then you will want to go with either our 5700 or 6900 series.

I am currently running a 6900 in my XXX4-G+ and it has plenty of power.

I would say our 5700 is equal to the Novak 5.5 and that are 6900 is equal to their 4.5.

Hope this helps.
my 5700 seems slow compared to my friends Novak 5.5 im using default settings atm i will have a play
Old 03-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apexs
my 5700 seems slow compared to my friends Novak 5.5 im using default settings atm i will have a play
You can most likely gear it up..the Mamba can push a lot.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Mike you run the new 6900 yet or ar you using the big stick 7700. Looking for the ORL2 series for the summer and think the 6900 should be plenty for me and the tracks we will run on.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default ballpark figure

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
You can most likely gear it up..the Mamba can push a lot.
Mike,

I would like to ask what your final drive ratio is using your mamba 6900-preferably on a large track. I am trying to get a ballpark figure on gearing both the 5700 and 6900.

Thanks in advance

Anybody running sedans, please feel free to post some data.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Trying to contact Castle since yesterday afternoon. Left a VM last night and an email as well. Called all day today and only got the recording to leave a message.

I tried to update to 1.09 and it crashed. Now nothing will recognize the ESC. Widows says it's unrecognized and Castle Link doesn't acknowledge it's even plugged in.

After the 1.09 failure, I was able to tell it to roll back to 1.07 and it started that process and then shut the controller down and it never came back.

I'm going to have to run brushed now for an endurance race on Saturday and I'm guessing I have to send this one into Castle. Since I can't get anyone on the phone, how can I get an RMA ASAP since the East Coast Series starts in 2 weeks and I'd like to get this fixed?

Crash: Please email me or call me? carl @ ccrjsc.com and my phone # is on the VM from last night.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Carl, does the ESC still work in the car? You said it won't communicate with the computer properly, but I can't tell if it will still power a motor properly.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Unfortunately no. When you turn it on in the car, a solid green light comes on and it never initializes. Normally it would "chirp" the motor.

I expected to have to reset my end points and at worst program manually, but nothing is acknowledging at all.

Is there a way to more or less factory reset this without having to send it in?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It sounds hooped.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Carl
Try two things.. Remove the CC programme off your PC and All Hiden Files firstly Then re-install the programme. This should fix that problem. Also Just do a simple manual setting on the ESC and everything should power up again as normal.

This has happened to me and both these fixes have solved the problem..Also recheck all connections on your ride as well

-Tony

Originally Posted by gndprx
Unfortunately no. When you turn it on in the car, a solid green light comes on and it never initializes. Normally it would "chirp" the motor.

I expected to have to reset my end points and at worst program manually, but nothing is acknowledging at all.

Is there a way to more or less factory reset this without having to send it in?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've already tried starting over with 1.0 and then up to 2.22 software on a computer that has never had the software installed...same result.

As far as programming manually, if I keep the trigger pulled when I turn it on, it never even acknowledges that, so it's ignoring those inputs as well
Old 03-01-2007, 06:22 PM
jaz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I had the hardest time getting the software to work at first. I have a desktop and a laptop. The software installed fine on my desktop but wouldn't recognize the ESC nomatter what I did, and I'm an IT director so I know what I'm doing with troubleshooting computers. When i installed the software on my laptop, it worked perfectly. The only thing I could come up with was maybe I had a Windows update on one of the PCs that never got applied to the second. This was all running on Windows XP Professional.

So my suggestion is maybe do a Windows update and make sure your computer is up to date. Other than that, I have no clue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.