Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default Castle Link and MM

Well it looks like I too am having trouble getting Castle Link v2.23 to connect to my MM. It worked fine on the initial application install but not anymore. I also had the software installed on another workstation that I used to configure my Mamba25, without problem I might add. It connected the first time but not anymore.

I have uninstalled the software, ran the driver uninstall utility, tried re-installing an older version, v2.13, but nothing seems to be working.

I haven't tried connecting my Mamba25 yet, but will be trying that tonight.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Anyone tried the 6900 with NiMH? Any feedbacks will be greatly appreciated...
Old 03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gone_wheelin
Well it looks like I too am having trouble getting Castle Link v2.23 to connect to my MM. It worked fine on the initial application install but not anymore. I also had the software installed on another workstation that I used to configure my Mamba25, without problem I might add. It connected the first time but not anymore.

I have uninstalled the software, ran the driver uninstall utility, tried re-installing an older version, v2.13, but nothing seems to be working.

I haven't tried connecting my Mamba25 yet, but will be trying that tonight.
I had that happen to mine as well. I talked to the companyu and they were confused as I was. They sent out a new one that day and told me to ship the old one back, prepaid.
I'd contact them
Old 03-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jaz
I personally like the 5700 best. It's a good middle range motor. I would say unless you are just looking to use it for bashing or are a really good mod racer, then the 7700 probably isn't the best choice. I've run a 7700, and It's just crazy fast to the point where it can easily kill your drivetrain. Can't comment on the 6900 since I haven't run that one yet. All of my experience is with NiMH.

Thanks for the tips dude...
Old 03-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CRASH
No it does not, only on brushless motors.

Later,

Thanks for the pm CRASH...
Old 03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by turd ferguson
I had that happen to mine as well. I talked to the companyu and they were confused as I was. They sent out a new one that day and told me to ship the old one back, prepaid.
I'd contact them
Cool thanks, I'll try contacting them.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
Anyone tried the 6900 with NiMH? Any feedbacks will be greatly appreciated...
I use the 6900 to practice for brushed mod (7 turn) before traveling to the races....it gives about the same amound of power, but can keep running with no work at all...more time to get the car setup.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I use the 6900 to practice for brushed mod (7 turn) before traveling to the races....it gives about the same amound of power, but can keep running with no work at all...more time to get the car setup.

Thanks for the reply...wow a 7 turn brushed mod motor...hmmm i guess that's a bit too much power for a 4wd buggy...don't you think so?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've never ran a 4wd buggy but as you mention it does seem like a bit much...the 5700 would probably be better suited for offroad (trackwise), however if your bashing it then the buggy should be able to handle the motor.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Today's good news:
http://www.castlecreations.com/downl...mamba_max.html
Castle finally realized they didn't post what was different in 1.09 for the Mamba Max, and fixed it. As I figured, no big change.

Today's bad news:
The firmware update - that was supposed to be out well over a month ago - still isn't out.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Any link issues contact me personally...913-390-6939 ext. 119.

We rate the 6900 as more than a 6T brushed...7T mod is a good equivalent but there's really no way to ever make it an apples for apples comparison...try brushless...you won't regret it. If the batts can supply it, the motor will put it out. Thanks for the reply Mike! Adding you to my buddy list now.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Adam...I assume you're referring to the sensored/multi-pole motor update? The change with the 1.09 software is to eliminate potential miscounting of the # of cells in a user's lipo pack, and also to keep your lipo packs lasting longer by increasing the cutoff voltages under load slightly. The software you were hoping was in this release is still in the works...it takes a LOT of time to test, optimize, and integrate software to run several different sensored motors and sensorless 4+ pole motors. When finished you will not be disappointed with the results I assure you...we are quite meticulous. And as a bonus...the Monster Max software will have the new software for the Mamba Max as it's basis...meaning, when "the monster" is released you'll have the ability to run any motor you like without issue.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:09 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
Adam...I assume you're referring to the sensored/multi-pole motor update? The change with the 1.09 software is to eliminate potential miscounting of the # of cells in a user's lipo pack, and also to keep your lipo packs lasting longer by increasing the cutoff voltages under load slightly. The software you were hoping was in this release is still in the works...it takes a LOT of time to test, optimize, and integrate software to run several different sensored motors and sensorless 4+ pole motors. When finished you will not be disappointed with the results I assure you...we are quite meticulous. And as a bonus...the Monster Max software will have the new software for the Mamba Max as it's basis...meaning, when "the monster" is released you'll have the ability to run any motor you like without issue.
Very cool.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:11 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

CRASH I will try to give you a shout today before lunch. Tons of appointments today but after my first one I have a little time so I will give you a ring.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the update, Joe. I had become restless, but you cured it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.