Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Works fine w/4 cells as long as you disable the BEC on the controller (lift the tab and pull the red wire out of the servo connector). Then use a jumper from the ESC side of the battery to ESC connection and plug directly into your receiver.

See drawing, thanks Joe!

No on the data logging.

Thanks,
Old 02-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks but, I was referrring to being able to just plug it in a go, no mods to the BEC or jumbers from the battery. Maybe they will change their minds on the data logging if it becomes more mainstream.

Thanks for checking on those two items.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default drag brake a real drag

Hello Castle Creations:

DB 20% using v1.09

I have recently experimented with the drag brake. I was wondering how to speed up the response or initialization.

Here is my scenario: The DB kicks in a bit too late after my entry into the
turn. In fact, it is rather tricky since I have to time my throttle release (neutral) to initiate the DB.

Note:
The car also feels mushy/sluggish during accelleration when DB is On.

Thanks in Advance
Old 02-17-2007, 07:41 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

CRASH I ran the Mamba Max speed control tonight in brushed mode. Other than taking some time to get it all wired up neatly in my touring car it worked great. I ran the high powered brush mode. It worked flawlessly all day. Very happy to be running this speed control. The versatility is awesome.

I ran the stoart power in medium mode and then a heat at the high setting. Didn't notice any different on the track and it didn't seem to work the batteries any harder than in the medium mode.

For the first time running the Mamba Max it was awesome. I hade a late night and finshed the install in my car at 2:30am so I had wondered what type of result I might have the first time I tried it but no surprise here it just worked perfectly all day long and never missed a beat. I will be using the as my main speedo for not only brushless but for all my brushed motor racing as well.

Brian
Old 02-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
CRASH I ran the Mamba Max speed control tonight in brushed mode. Other than taking some time to get it all wired up neatly in my touring car it worked great. I ran the high powered brush mode. It worked flawlessly all day. Very happy to be running this speed control. The versatility is awesome.

I ran the stoart power in medium mode and then a heat at the high setting. Didn't notice any different on the track and it didn't seem to work the batteries any harder than in the medium mode.

For the first time running the Mamba Max it was awesome. I hade a late night and finshed the install in my car at 2:30am so I had wondered what type of result I might have the first time I tried it but no surprise here it just worked perfectly all day long and never missed a beat. I will be using the as my main speedo for not only brushless but for all my brushed motor racing as well.

Brian
Great to here Brian. Will get to run my Sunday.

Later,
Old 02-18-2007, 06:18 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CRASH
Great to here Brian. Will get to run my Sunday.

Later,
Cool. Sometime either today or tommorrow I will get a pic of my car with my array of wires!!!!!!!!!! Look for your report later on how racing went for you.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
Cool. Sometime either today or tommorrow I will get a pic of my car with my array of wires!!!!!!!!!! Look for your report later on how racing went for you.
Can't wait to try out some of my new horsepower!

Later,
Old 02-18-2007, 06:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Can't wait to try out some of my new horsepower!

Later,
Me and my teammate finished 1 and 2 last night with Express motors. Funny thing was my buddy who won took a brand new motor out of the packaging and put it in his car and ran. No breakins or nothing just ran it and he was ballistic. Even my motors from the summer are still fast and my packs work excellent as well. I'm sure you will find Express products to run very well.

It just goes faster yet with the Mamba Max speedo in their.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Help

I have a mamba max but am running a trinity neo.

The problem that i have is at low speed it has no "feel". The motor seems to stutter when it first goes and the power band at the low end is not very smooth - i have been told that this is becuase it is a sensorless rather than sensored but people that run the mamba seem to have no problem? Is there something that i am doing wrong?
Old 02-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Lower your timing to lowest. This seems to help alot with the Trinity motor.

Later,
Old 02-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm pretty happy with how I have my Mamba Max systems set up. I'm posting my setup in case it helps someone.

Both cars are XRAY T2'007 US. Batteries are (practice) Elite 4500 and (race) IB4200WC.

On the brushless, I made the ESC-motor wire connection as short as possible because the motor is already extremely heavy. By lowering my wire weight I lower the amount of lead counter-weight on the right front side. Even like this I have to run 35g of lead on the right side and PT in the middle. Whereas on the brushed car, I run no lead and PT on the left side of the servo.

--ESC settings, brushless (MM 4600 and 5700):
Proportional w/ reverse lockout
25% brake
25% reverse
disabled punch control
10% drag brake
high start power
low motor timing
no cutoff
brushless

--ESC settings, brushed (stock and Checkpoint 19t Money):
Proportional w/o reverse
50% brake
disabled punch control
0% drag brake
high start power
normal motor timing
no cutoff
high power brushed

Adam Glatt
Attached Thumbnails Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!-pair.jpg   Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!-bl1.jpg   Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!-br1.jpg   Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!-br2.jpg   Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!-br3.jpg  

Old 02-18-2007, 07:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

adamge your brushed setup is pretty much where mine is set but I think I have 40% brake at this time. Seems to work great though I might need to turn up the brake to 50% or turn it up some on my radio.

On your brushed setup is that a jumper going across the where the original 3 wire setup was? The black/white/red. Looks like you have that one blue wire but a jumper going across the other two to the blue.

Right now in the high powered brushed setup I just wired it like the instructions showed and didn't use any jumpers mainly til I get use to the speedo before I try any deviations.

I will have to keep your brusheless setup in mine when I get mine later on.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:03 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Works fine w/4 cells as long as you disable the BEC on the controller (lift the tab and pull the red wire out of the servo connector). Then use a jumper from the ESC side of the battery to ESC connection and plug directly into your receiver.

See drawing, thanks Joe!

No on the data logging.

Thanks,
Hey Tony can I give you a call tommorrow about this setup. Looks like I might get a 1/12th scale down the road sometime and want to make sure I have this right so if I get another Mamba Max for the car I set it up correctly.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
Hey Tony can I give you a call tommorrow about this setup. Looks like I might get a 1/12th scale down the road sometime and want to make sure I have this right so if I get another Mamba Max for the car I set it up correctly.

You have my number, just give me a call.

Later,
Old 02-20-2007, 02:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
I'm pretty happy with how I have my Mamba Max systems set up. I'm posting my setup in case it helps someone.

Both cars are XRAY T2'007 US. Batteries are (practice) Elite 4500 and (race) IB4200WC.

On the brushless, I made the ESC-motor wire connection as short as possible because the motor is already extremely heavy. By lowering my wire weight I lower the amount of lead counter-weight on the right front side. Even like this I have to run 35g of lead on the right side and PT in the middle. Whereas on the brushed car, I run no lead and PT on the left side of the servo.

--ESC settings, brushless (MM 4600 and 5700):
Proportional w/ reverse lockout
25% brake
25% reverse
disabled punch control
10% drag brake
high start power
low motor timing
no cutoff
brushless

--ESC settings, brushed (stock and Checkpoint 19t Money):
Proportional w/o reverse
50% brake
disabled punch control
0% drag brake
high start power
normal motor timing
no cutoff
high power brushed

Adam Glatt

Hello Adam,

Thanks for the tips. I would like to ask the spur/pinion combination on the Mod xray when using the 5700 motor.

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.