Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
Looks to me that you have done the 'hole mod' on your case. i too am having a few heating issues with my MM & im about to do this mod, but did you notice a significant decrease in heat?
Yes I have drilled holes in the case and through the bottom and have a second fan mounted there. I have noticed about a 30* drop in temps.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi,

Since you already have the current passing through your box and you have a USB port, what are the odds that you would ever put power-meter functionality in the ESC, like a combo of the mamba max and a EagleTree, etc?

Best,
Bob Woodhouse
Old 12-08-2007, 06:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Another great weekend with my Mamba Max and 5700 motor in my offroad buggy. My results where not like I wanted and was 3rd in the B in mod buggy but two bumped to the A and I just missed so I was 11th overall.

I surely didn't lack hp this weekend thats one thing that is for sure. Car would pull wheelies at will.

Here is a pick of my Mamba setup in my new offroad buggy.
Attached Thumbnails Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!-gv2.jpg  
Old 12-08-2007, 09:33 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default wish i had a mini mamba

well charity race 2day for fun. the 1/18 scene i got sucked into 2mths back went up to the other hobbytown to put on a show for a good cause. since there a couple locals then all of us, consenus was just run whateva mod motor u want, 5 or 6 cells. have fun. well i dont have any setup like that since i just run stock wkly.

i borrowed a 19t reedy brushed mod from a friend (who oddly enuff runs for mamba). boy....

....i wish i had a mamba (HT didnt have any f/s, sucked). damn mamba max went from april 1 to oct 1 in my b4 w/o a hint of issues. just gross power. the lil stuff i've seen gives the same results (have mod class on wkly basis, but i dont feel like preppin 2 cars). well regardless how i geared the reedy, it kept gettin hotter and hotter (6cells vs 5 wasnt a help either), pure rubbish. even w/2 hi speed fans on it. well qual'd 2nd keepin steady head (and gettin smoked on straights by mambas). 4min in and i'm leadin and just when i thought ok, good lead, just keep it rollin for another min...

...WHHHAAAAAAAAAAA.....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. flattened right out and was dead in another lap.

it was all for fun and charity, so it didnt bother me. still...if i had a mamba, that WOULD NOT have happened.

reigle, where were ya?

R
Old 12-09-2007, 06:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
well charity race 2day for fun. the 1/18 scene i got sucked into 2mths back went up to the other hobbytown to put on a show for a good cause. since there a couple locals then all of us, consenus was just run whateva mod motor u want, 5 or 6 cells. have fun. well i dont have any setup like that since i just run stock wkly.

i borrowed a 19t reedy brushed mod from a friend (who oddly enuff runs for mamba). boy....

....i wish i had a mamba (HT didnt have any f/s, sucked). damn mamba max went from april 1 to oct 1 in my b4 w/o a hint of issues. just gross power. the lil stuff i've seen gives the same results (have mod class on wkly basis, but i dont feel like preppin 2 cars). well regardless how i geared the reedy, it kept gettin hotter and hotter (6cells vs 5 wasnt a help either), pure rubbish. even w/2 hi speed fans on it. well qual'd 2nd keepin steady head (and gettin smoked on straights by mambas). 4min in and i'm leadin and just when i thought ok, good lead, just keep it rollin for another min...

...WHHHAAAAAAAAAAA.....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. flattened right out and was dead in another lap.

it was all for fun and charity, so it didnt bother me. still...if i had a mamba, that WOULD NOT have happened.

reigle, where were ya?

R
Still racing offroad at this time. Touring is kinda on the back burner til we sell the house or I just get the bug again. Plan on racing offroad for most of the winter still at Bumps and travel to a few other places during the winter. Most so called big races in touring are still not all lipo and brushless friendly so I'm not really interested in them if I have to go back ot old school technology. Offroad racing is alot more open and pretty much all mod with lipo or nimh so its all good.

Dude the shop I help out at has all the Mamba 1/8th systems in stock if you need one sometime. We carry the Comp and Comp X.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:19 AM

yeh it was a 1-off deal for us too, for charity ya know. they run mod down at gb, but i really dont want to prepare a 2nd car even though they've been askin me alot to do so. we all decided to run mod b/c every1 had somethin diff and the track is obviously huge. to think on that layout that JR was in high 10s w/his tourer, and right outta the box Gee was runnin runnin 11.0s was quite impressive for the lil turds on that big track. huge asphalt w/rubber and foam laid down and paragon out there vs small thick carpet and no additives, big diff!!!

again just wanted to make an observation based on my brief foray into mod 1/18 sedan vs my entire yr of 2wd mod and mamba products

R
Old 12-09-2007, 06:42 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Cool. You should see the 5700 motor at Bumps. It is just wild if your slipper is too tight. It just won't keep the front wheels on the ground.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:18 AM

yeh my 4600 would do the same thing. what is that new car u have? didnt like the X? i'm gonna put my b4 up f/s soon since i cant get up to bumps or to pitstop next yr. also means unless the mamba can get a 13.5 motor to drive it'll go too. if u want the 4600 u can have it bri if you like

R
Old 12-09-2007, 08:09 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
yeh my 4600 would do the same thing. what is that new car u have? didnt like the X? i'm gonna put my b4 up f/s soon since i cant get up to bumps or to pitstop next yr. also means unless the mamba can get a 13.5 motor to drive it'll go too. if u want the 4600 u can have it bri if you like

R
I wanted to try a rear engine offroad car to see if it would steer a little more like I was looking for which it did but I just didn't set up the rest of the car so at Bumps I paid for that.

Your work schedule change that you can run offroad at PS in the summer?
Old 12-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First off Hello to all the CC guys, i've been running you'r gear in my helis for years now and love it all!

I am looking for a BL setup for my 10th TC, and am wondering which one of your systems are similar to a 19T brushed setup. I'm sure it's been covered before, but i'm just lazy Thanks, I ask because your motors are rated with Kv rather then the # of turns (which i think is great, and other companys should follow you guys )

Thanks fellas!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:22 AM

robo, consult brian reigle (WYD) on this exact matter

R
Old 12-09-2007, 09:36 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ThunderRobo
First off Hello to all the CC guys, i've been running you'r gear in my helis for years now and love it all!

I am looking for a BL setup for my 10th TC, and am wondering which one of your systems are similar to a 19T brushed setup. I'm sure it's been covered before, but i'm just lazy Thanks, I ask because your motors are rated with Kv rather then the # of turns (which i think is great, and other companys should follow you guys )

Thanks fellas!
Well the closest thing to a 19t would be the 4600KV motor but still is a little hotter than a 19t. Would be good practice because if your car is dialed with the 4600 it should be great in 19t. A 10.5 motor or so called 19T equivelent is roughly 4200kv.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Brian!

I just placed my order
Old 12-09-2007, 01:59 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ThunderRobo
Thanks Brian!

I just placed my order
No problem. Let me know what you think when you get to try it out.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Hey Joe, Aaron stopped by this weekend while I was racing, he couldn't make racing because of work but damn did we have fun when he stopped by to see how everything was going. He gave me a good run down obut the Mini racing from the week before to. I don't get to race with Aaron much during the winter but it is great to hang with him when we have a chance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.