Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I posted this on the MIP thread, since it pertains to my SCTEi figured I should post it here also.

Seems like all the bypass1 setups on the MIP website from the team drivers are for nicely groomed indoor/outdoor tracks, definitely not the ones I'm racing on. I need to see some setups for rough loose tracks.

In his velocity rc interview video, Eustace tasks about how compression bypass will probably be run on rough tracks (this is valves on the bottom).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlruG...e_gdata_player

The reference is at about 11:20 in the video, however you may want to tune in a bit earlier for reference.

So now to my question, is any one running the bypass1 in compression (valves on the bottom) on an scte and have a setup that works on rough track?
Old 07-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Ran my mip conversion last night for the first time. It definitely makes the truck feel different with so much weight to the rear, almost like an scte/rc10 hybrid. High bite outdoor track, semi rough. Started with the Olson setup but lacked on and off power steering. Changed to 3 degrees rear toe and it felt a lot better. Seemed like it was diffing out to the front a little on short approach jumps. Will go to 7,10,3 diff oils next time out. Truck was planted and easy to drive. It's going to take a while to get used to the front feeling so light.

Qualified 4th out of 11 in the expert class, was able to check out and take the win by 10 seconds.

Last edited by rcgod; 07-21-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

So far really unimpressed with the Stock SCTE roller.

My mud guards dont have the losi logo like my last ones did, is that an option part?

All the screws seem to be different sizes. Ive had to use three different tools to get the screws out, replacing them with the titanium screws.

The diffs are filled with...something. Not only that but inside the diff cases was just a big glob of the stuff. I replaced it with hi friction losi grease, and did a 5/5/3 diff setup.

And whos idea was it to have blue anodized shock bodies, but then make the losi tuning kit come with silver shock caps and threaded collars? Not very bright in my opinion.

Last but not least, where is an instruction book on putting all the pieces together seperately, like a build book? I dont think Im asking to much, especially of one of the most popular 4wd SCT's on the market.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974

My mud guards dont have the losi logo like my last ones did, is that an option part?

All the screws seem to be different sizes. Ive had to use three different tools to get the screws out, replacing them with the titanium screws.

The diffs are filled with...something. Not only that but inside the diff cases was just a big glob of the stuff. I replaced it with hi friction losi grease, and did a 5/5/3 diff setup.

And whos idea was it to have blue anodized shock bodies, but then make the losi tuning kit come with silver shock caps and threaded collars? Not very bright in my opinion.

Last but not least, where is an instruction book on putting all the pieces together seperately, like a build book? I dont think Im asking to much, especially of one of the most popular 4wd SCT's on the market.
OMG you had to use 3 tools?

You can always sell it and move on to the AE SC104x4. It's MUCH easier to work on
Old 07-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by USMC STONE
I have found all ESC's to be inconsistent.
No beatings but I have noticed one thing that is opposite. I have run the RX8 having to turn down current limit, and battle with the Pro4 4600 and 4000 temps. I slap on the MMP with external bec don't have to change current limiting or anything other than lvc and the motor runs 10-15 cooler and 12-15 minutes no problem on nanotechs 6000 or larger. On the RX8 10 minutes was on a prayer and the motor ran much hotter. I've tried at least 4-5 of each esc MMP and RX8. ran last 2 seasons on MMP and won everything it touched. Club Champ, VA RCPro Champ, 3rd so far in Roar Region.

It's seems the ESC technology is still a few years off, inconsistent is what they all seem to be
You should give the hobbywing v3 120a a try.... P's the xerun 4000kv will out pace any pro4 and do it 30' cooler. My prior setup was the rx8 and 4600.... All sold and ill never look back. The sctpro is pretty sweet too but I can't say enough about the v3 esc, continues to impress.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by timannnn6
OMG you had to use 3 tools?

You can always sell it and move on to the AE SC104x4. It's MUCH easier to work on
What I was trying to say was...each screw required me to try three different tools to get it to come loose. Some took to my tools just fine, some I had to change the size, though it should have, and looked like what I had just taken out a second ago.

Its obvious these are not all the same screws, or didnt come from the same lot.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

this is a race truck not a beauty queen.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sierrahotel
this is a race truck not a beauty queen.
Roger that.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Would you like cheddar or swiss?
Old 07-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Those of you running the MMP ESC, are any running this with the RevTech 3800kv? I am thinking my RX8/Pro4 combo may be overkill at most of my tracks.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 243 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ach86
Those of you running the MMP ESC, are any running this with the RevTech 3800kv? I am thinking my RX8/Pro4 combo may be overkill at most of my tracks.

Thanks in advance.
I was, but you know my story.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jcbudny
Seems like all the bypass1 setups on the MIP website from the team drivers are for nicely groomed indoor/outdoor tracks, definitely not the ones I'm racing on. I need to see some setups for rough loose tracks.

In his velocity rc interview video, Eustace tasks about how compression bypass will probably be run on rough tracks (this is valves on the bottom).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlruG...e_gdata_player

The reference is at about 11:20 in the video, however you may want to tune in a bit earlier for reference.

So now to my question, is any one running the bypass1 in compression (valves on the bottom) on an scte and have a setup that works on rough track?
Did you get those in the mail yet? i havent checking the tracking # or you preparing yourself for when they come, lol??

And i agree with the others, 3 tools? that aint poop...I have either 4 or 5 of my bits out right now, pliers, cordless palm drill, and the shock tools as im goin through the truck, redoin diff fluids, adding my SNR towers, HD out drives, and setting it up to the Dunford Std.
If your that worried about how many bits you have out and that you have to keep swapping them do like i do...I have my palm drill running 1 bit, my losi 8n1 tool running another bit and then i have a similar ratcheting bit holder with another bit as im ready to go and just swapping tools and not bits!!
But yea, u think this is bad...this one is very easy to work on and like working on this compared to my Sl4sh so i sold that and wont even look at my bro-in-laws SC10 4x4 as that thing is stupid to take it apart and service and taking things that shouldnt have to come off to do some work and always laugh when he bitches about working on it...I ALWAYS tell him "I TOLD YOU TO BUY A LOSI" and he just gives me that look, you kno, that look like he is gonna beat yer @ss and i just laugh...
Old 07-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Aaron Scott runs it with no issues... actualy he says its his hidden Seacret. Just Saying!
I had the same problem with my pro-4 so I sold it got a hobbywing 4pole 4000kv, and it works beauty.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Old 07-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
I had the same problem with my pro-4 so I sold it got a hobbywing 4pole 4000kv, and it works beauty.
What 4 pole motors are Roar Legal ? I have been running the Tekin 4000 since it was released but herd the 4 pole motors were much faster , more efficient and run cooler but were not approved for short course racing from Roar yet. Can anyone clear that up for me please ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.