Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
What 4 pole motors are Roar Legal ? I have been running the Tekin 4000 since it was released but herd the 4 pole motors were much faster , more efficient and run cooler but were not approved for short course racing from Roar yet. Can anyone clear that up for me please ?
http://www.roarracing.org/?page_id=251

That is the list they have on there website
Old 07-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey guys looking to get my first replacement body. Is there one that is better as far as durability goes? Is the new Losi body a good choice? I see people with their Flotek bodies all cut out, that can't last very long like that can it?
Old 07-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Ya, i saw them...i had to brush out some clay to find them haha...

Got some new trick blue steering knuckles from integy.
Hey Highlife420 how are those knuckles from integy? was thinking about getting them but not sure .Is there any weight difference from stock , does everything fit good?Not sure you need aluminum knuckles in the front but they sure do look trick.Let us know how they work out.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm new to rc racing. I bought a slash 4x4 a few months ago and I have been going to the track a lot more. I'm not impressed with how it handles looking to upgrade. Would it be possible to put my stock electronics in a Losi roller. This would only be temporary until I can buy a new motor and esc. Thanks in advanced for the help
Old 07-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
What 4 pole motors are Roar Legal ? I have been running the Tekin 4000 since it was released but herd the 4 pole motors were much faster , more efficient and run cooler but were not approved for short course racing from Roar yet. Can anyone clear that up for me please ?
Also - for what it's worth - your Tekin 4000kv and the Tekin 4600kv are both 4pole.

Most people in our area run the 4600kv Tekin over the 4000kv.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Bought the titanium turnbuckles from lunsford.

Confused!

Ok so I have 4 turnbuckles that are shorter then 2 others. And yes I just took them all apart and started to put them back together.

The manual says all of them are B4003. Where do these longer turnbuckles go?
Old 07-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default cry baby

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
So far really unimpressed with the Stock SCTE roller.

My mud guards dont have the losi logo like my last ones did, is that an option part?

All the screws seem to be different sizes. Ive had to use three different tools to get the screws out, replacing them with the titanium screws.

The diffs are filled with...something. Not only that but inside the diff cases was just a big glob of the stuff. I replaced it with hi friction losi grease, and did a 5/5/3 diff setup.

And whos idea was it to have blue anodized shock bodies, but then make the losi tuning kit come with silver shock caps and threaded collars? Not very bright in my opinion.

Last but not least, where is an instruction book on putting all the pieces together seperately, like a build book? I dont think Im asking to much, especially of one of the most popular 4wd SCT's on the market.
stop crying. Tuning/ working on your RC should be just as enjoyable as racing them. you should have got a TYCO.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Josey Wales
stop crying. Tuning/ working on your RC should be just as enjoyable as racing them. you should have got a TYCO.
Why is everyone on these forums such a punk. Its not about tuning working on my ride. That is enjoyable. Its not enjoyable...you know what. Nevermind.

You and all the other wannabe internet rambos obviously cant read what I wrote and be objective.

Continue with your sad life.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well kind of mad since i didn't finish one race i was in. My motor mount slide keeps coming loose and makes my pinion come loose from the spur. I put the blue loctite on it and tightened it as much as i could without stripping it. One of my track buddies mentioned it might be time to replace the motor slide/mount. The inside of the slide and mount both have some noticeable wear. When the motot slide screw isn't in, the slide can wiggle a little bit inside the mount. Is it time to replace the whole thing? Keep in mind i can see it having some decent wear issues considering i've ran it for about 6-7 months on the motor mount.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Well kind of mad since i didn't finish one race i was in. My motor mount slide keeps coming loose and makes my pinion come loose from the spur. I put the blue loctite on it and tightened it as much as i could without stripping it. One of my track buddies mentioned it might be time to replace the motor slide/mount. The inside of the slide and mount both have some noticeable wear. When the motot slide screw isn't in, the slide can wiggle a little bit inside the mount. Is it time to replace the whole thing? Keep in mind i can see it having some decent wear issues considering i've ran it for about 6-7 months on the motor mount.
All of the mounts have some play,

Replace the useless button head screw with this and a little thread locker. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Cap-Screws-10

Problem solved.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
I'm a huge fan of cheap but good quality products. These might not be the best items you can buy, but they are all very wallet friendly.

For motor/ESC, suggest you include the following into your options:

HW SCT-Pro for $87.50 and XERun 4000kv motor for $84.70 (there are combo deals, I just listed the individual URL for each product):
http://www.falconsekido.com/products...c-for-1-10-car
http://www.falconsekido.com/products...d-for-1-10-car

If you want to go cheaper, nonsensored, there's the HW SC8 / EZRun 4000KV combo for $152.70 (the SC-C2 combo, pre-order):
http://www.falconsekido.com/products...-combo-for-sct

For servos on the cheap, there's a lot out there. I'll name just a few that rarely get mentioned here.

CONUS mail order is a EXI D226F servo 180oz torque at .15 for $15.70
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60gexidised2.html

There's also the a Turnigy for w/ 190oz at .13 for $17.92 (plus international shipping, so if you can wait 2-3 weeks..). Has gotten good reviews.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...13sec_52g.html

The Savox (1258TG) are also good budget, but I really can't recommend them anymore as they don't seem to play as nice with my electronics as other servos do (not to start a debate...)
$68 or so on Ebay

I use a Hitec HS-5996TG - I love it, but that's priced pretty high. If I did it all over, I'd try the Turnigy first.

For RX/TX, I'd get something decent that has adjustments for end points (EPA). I've only run Spektrum and have played with FlySky, so that's all I'm including in my list here. The FlySky are what my kids use (3 and 5, and they hold up real well) but have performed really well when I take their trucks out for a spin. If you go w/ the Turnigy servo from HK, throw the Turnigy FlySky branded onto your order:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...io_System.html

Otherwise, the FlySKy is another super low cost option.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

Both are the same electronics.

But.. if you're going to be in the hobby for a while, I think I'd be looking to pickup a nice USED Spektrum Pro so you can use DSM2 receivers. You can find the other DX type transmitters (Sport, DSX3S, etc..) for cheaper, but they are DSM (not as fast response, and my experience is that DSM2 has less glitching).
All your info guys has REALLY helped. Like the SCT PRO-C Combo do you think that would be better for ME then the Castle Mamba Max Pro SCT Kit, 1415 2400KV Pole Motor , 40-15 Tooth Mod 1 Gear . I don't do TRACK RACING at this time just run with some friends that have STOCK TA SC10's.
We run 5000 2s 40c battery.
THANKS
Old 07-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My mud guards dont have the losi logo like my last ones did, is that an option part?

All the screws seem to be different sizes. Ive had to use three different tools to get the screws out, replacing them with the titanium screws.

The diffs are filled with...something. Not only that but inside the diff cases was just a big glob of the stuff. I replaced it with hi friction losi grease, and did a 5/5/3 diff setup.

And whos idea was it to have blue anodized shock bodies, but then make the losi tuning kit come with silver shock caps and threaded collars? Not very bright in my opinion.

Last but not least, where is an instruction book on putting all the pieces together seperately, like a build book? I dont think Im asking to much, especially of one of the most popular 4wd SCT's on the market.
I have to use 2 tools for 95% of the whole truck - 3/32, 5/64 the diffs use 1/16 and the body mounts use 0.50. All those tools are always sitting on my bench anyway so I don't see the big problem with it. And like everybody else said get an sc10 4x4, it will make you hate life in a matter of 10min working on it.

Most people swap out for diff fluid of their choice so the factory grease shouldn't be an issue cause you will want to change it to suit your track anyway.

If you don't like the blue anodized shocks you can always swap out for hard anodized bodies.

Last, on the assembly manual I also wish losi would come out for one for this truck. I just spent a week completely going through mine and a manual would be so much better to reference back to instead of having to use the exploded views.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ralph289
All your info guys has REALLY helped. Like the SCT PRO-C Combo do you think that would be better for ME then the Castle Mamba Max Pro SCT Kit, 1415 2400KV Pole Motor , 40-15 Tooth Mod 1 Gear . I don't do TRACK RACING at this time just run with some friends that have STOCK TA SC10's.
We run 5000 2s 40c battery.
THANKS
I'm not a track racer either, and just run with some friends.

I was running the MMP + 1415 2400KV motor when I first got the truck, on 2S with 18T-20T pinion and it was a beast but not very smooth, especially at low speed. People have told me that motor is designed for 3S and is a lot smoother that way. The best thing I did was to change over to a sensored motor - buttery smooth on 2S 15T. The Hobbywing and the Tenshocks are around the same price (or less) than the Castle, so might as well go them. On 2S it heaps better and nicer to control on the sensored motor.

The switch from the MMP to the Hobbywing SCT Pro ESC was not as noticeable. The main thing was that the HW ESC's BEC means I no longer need to run a glitch buster capacitor to remove glitching.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Why is everyone on these forums such a punk. Its not about tuning working on my ride. That is enjoyable. Its not enjoyable...you know what. Nevermind.

You and all the other wannabe internet rambos obviously cant read what I wrote and be objective.

Nobody's "Internet Rambo'ing" you. You just sound like this
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Go back and read what you wrote. I mean, really? Complaining about the silver shock caps and spring retainers not being blue? When they first came out, everyone LOVED the contrast of how they looked so they ran out and got them so they could have that awesome contrast and you're complaining about it Complaining about having to use too many tools, we're men, men love tools, having all these different sizes on the truck means we get to use them all
Old 07-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Mudflaps without the Losi logo doesn't seem like a very good reason to not be impressed with a race truck . Many people remove them anyway if you must have mudflaps with logos on them PM me I will send you mine . Same with having blue shock bodies and grey caps and spring adjusters ( All the optional TLR hop ups are that color ) . There is an exploded view of the truck included with the truck that shows how the truck goes together including part numbers pretty easy to figure out .

Maybe people gave you a little grief but your reasons for not being impressed with the SCTE are pretty weak . The only thing even relevant is a "build book " . Calling people punks isn't really a good way to get people to " read what you wrote and be objective " If you read your post and were objective you would see it is ridiculous .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.