Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Well I stripped the screw hole in the motor mount adapter. Was retightening everything down with a drill after a practice session and stripped it. How should I go about fixing this?
Old 06-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
This Aint no Jammin.
Several people are running the brushless hobbies 120 amp esc. The LT4 version is about to be released. The basic same esc, but beefed up for 3-4s. It is being used in the losi 4x4 with the Pro 4 motor on indoor high bite tracks. And the esc is $57. The tenshock 411 is a great motor is you want sensored or the 401 if not. they are like $89 and $69 respectively. With the brushless hobbies 120 and the tenshock 411, your under 150 for both.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Devigili22
Well I stripped the screw hole in the motor mount adapter. Was retightening everything down with a drill after a practice session and stripped it. How should I go about fixing this?
properly adjust the drill next time, lol. J/k. Replace the stripped part.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
properly adjust the drill next time, lol. J/k. Replace the stripped part.
Already have one on the way. Any way I can fix it before Sunday lol?
Old 06-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Already have one on the way. Any way I can fix it before Sunday lol?
Are you sure you had a 5-40 screw in the motor mount plate? A 4-40 will tighten down and feel correct, but under load it will strip the peaks of the threads off.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Can someone post a link to where I can buy a Hobbywing SCT Pro esc domestically? I really don't want to order from overseas and have to wait.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McD44
As far as ESC/Motor combos go there are some decent lower cost options.

ESCs:
Hobbywing
Brushless Hobbies

Motors:
Tenshock
Toro
Hobbywing

Granted I ponied up for the RX8 and don't regret it a bit but if I had to buy another ESC on a budget I'd give the Brushless Hobbies a go.

I had a Pro4 4000kv and sold it because I also have a Tenshock SC411 4600kv that I LOVE! I highly recommend the Tenshock motors. If I were entering ROAR races I'd have to give the Revtech 4XS 4800kv a shot, it's getting great reviews so far.
+1 For Brushlesshobbies. I have been running the 120amp in mine. I was running the rx8 but I wanted to see what this would do. I never changed it back. The 120amp got a little hardware upgrade and is now called the LT4.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
Can someone post a link to where I can buy a Hobbywing SCT Pro esc domestically? I really don't want to order from overseas and have to wait.
falconsekido.com ordered mine from them with the led card which is great at the track for quick programing.....
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If it was a 5-40 screw, there really is no need to buy anything else but a tap.
Just tap the stripped out hole to 4mm and use a 4mm button head, done.
And maybe you could just borrow a 4mm tap.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

i used a dremel and a cut off wheel. Cut a line in the screw and use a flat head screwdriver to remove it.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Post your MODS

Just as a curiosity what are some of the mods that you have done to your SCTE. ex: upgrade stock chassis, shock towers, drive shafts, anything on the vehicle that is not electrical. I know that there is some people out there that would like to upgrade theres but dont know what to get. As for me mine is bone stock. However I do have a nice list of upgrade I plan on doing. FYI NO BASHING OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE OR DON'T HAVE.

BCE Chassis
Lunsford tunrbuckles
STRC front and rear chassis braces
STRC rear hubs
Tekno drive shafts and outdrives
MIP Bypass system

Plus much more that is just on the top of my head right now.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdminitrucker
Just as a curiosity what are some of the mods that you have done to your SCTE. ex: upgrade stock chassis, shock towers, drive shafts, anything on the vehicle that is not electrical. I know that there is some people out there that would like to upgrade theres but dont know what to get. As for me mine is bone stock. However I do have a nice list of upgrade I plan on doing. FYI NO BASHING OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE OR DON'T HAVE.

BCE Chassis
Lunsford tunrbuckles
STRC rear hubs
MIP Bypass system

Nothing really against STRC as they make great stuff from what I have seen but I don't think the chassis braces are needed.

I would get the TLR tuned kit as you get the carbon towers which are a great first hopup and alum rear hubs as well as the adjustable pivots and some other goodies for a great price.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BCE Chassis
Lunsford tunrbuckles
STRC rear hubs
MIP Bypass system

With the BCE chassis I would go back to using the stock plastic braces.This chassis is stiff enough and the alum braces will cause it to push in the corners.Go with Losi carbon towers for sure Just saw Lord Casper `s responce LOL yes theTLR tune kit Rocks
Old 06-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

However I do have a nice list of upgrade I plan on doing.

BCE Chassis
Lunsford tunrbuckles
STRC rear hubs
MIP Bypass system
My thoughts
  • Reverse thread screws for the RF and LR arms for the lower shock mounts, the screws start to back out with regular thread screws
  • I don't think you need the STRC w/ BCE, stick with the stock braces (lighter and cheaper too)
  • Tekno is great, sure, but I think it'd use the stock stuff for a while, even buy one rebuild kit
  • Losi tuning kit (comes with the rear hubs as well)
  • New spring kits for front and rear
Old 06-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Save the money on the Aluminum braces. The BCE chassis is stiff enough without them. You'll get more traction with the stock ones.

I just replaced all of the drive shafts on my truck with the Tekno units. They are very nice, but I got over a year of running out of the originals.

Good luck,

Chris

BCE Chassis
Lunsford tunrbuckles
STRC rear hubs
MIP Bypass system

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.