Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maxepower
This is not right! There must be some kind of mistake! Spec pre-mount tires. What insert is he using. We will have to change set-up completely if it's too hard or too soft an insert. What, we'll have to find a set-up the weekend of the race. What's up with that? This must be a type-o!
Right?
Wow, what a bummer, sounds like the locals may loose a little of their significant advantage
Old 06-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Except Im sure theyll know what insert we are using before the Nats and have time to adjust their setup!
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Wow, what a bummer, sounds like the locals may loose a little of their significant advantage
Old 06-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy RE: TYPO!

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Except Im sure theyll know what insert we are using before the Nats and have time to adjust their setup!
I still think it's a mistake he copy and pasted one too many times?

No insert will work as good as "MY" inserts!
Old 06-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewippler
Hi Jeff,
Send me what you have for your own results. I need to start somehere.

Attached is an image of results up through race #153 (doens't include much before #80). Sorry if I missed anyone, but I was limited to racers I have run with or names I saw reappear numerious times. I will update again when more results are available. Enjoy.
I can get you down to Race #65 before that little sporatic. . .
PM your email for the web files I have.

I did a medal's count for myself.
3 Gold, 4 Silver and 7 Bronzes if you count Canada add 2 Gold and 1 Bronze, I had to go somewhere to win Lemans and Rally aye!
Old 06-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Hi jeff,
Please send what you have to one of my two email addresses, erik1 or erik2 .

I need results prior to #80, as well as the # of classes entered and races attended.

Thanks Jeff.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is not right! There must be some kind of mistake! Spec pre-mount tires. What insert is he using. We will have to change set-up completely if it's too hard or too soft an insert. What, we'll have to find a set-up the weekend of the race. What's up with that? This must be a type-o!
Right?
Max,
Welcome to the world of the "out-of-towner"
Old 06-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi jeff,

I need results prior to #80, as well as the # of classes entered and races attended.

Thanks Jeff.
Eric,

Since you asked, I went to the dispaly case and did a count.

I have earned:
07 GOLD
13 SILVER
05 BRONZE
25 total podiums

as far as total TCS races, I would guess close to 40 to 43 from my reconstruction of photos, medal notations, travel records and my fading memories. BTW, Somehow as I remember back and the older I get, the faster I was...

I started TCS in 1995, ran at least once every year since including Nationals 13 times (all top ten finishes) and have practiced/raced at Aliso 116 days up to now, Trackside TCS too many times to count (there were two Trackside TCS's for several years), Racine WI TCS, and two diferent Illinois TCS venues.

Now if you add the family plan, with my three boys running over the years add two Silvers and there has to be an additional 35 or so "MPH" Family TCS attendences....

Last edited by 414MPH; 06-12-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Marty,

Do you happen to have more details such as individual race results for the classes you entered, # of classes entered, dates of races (year and month), or race #? My spread sheet requires that level to work properly. Also, I am not including national results as one can really only win that one once and for some reason many of the past class winners, had failry short TCS careers (there are many excpetions to this of course). Although, Trackside's yearly race the past few years might be considered the carpet TCS nats for most years.

Erik
Old 06-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Max,
Welcome to the world of the "out-of-towner"
+1

I like the spec tire idea, except that I planned ahead last year and had quite a few B3 sets already mounted and glued for this year. And I am 100% sure the insert I am running is NOT the same as the insert in the spec tire. But hey, at least they weren't mounted on DISH wheels!

But what I hadn't seen yet is the limit to the number of sets you can buy.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi jeff,

Thanks Jeff.
Sent you a bunch of files back to race #1 to erik1. Probably missing a dozen races or so. enjoy!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Good day at Freemont today!! Alot of fun with the guys up here we went out for some food and beverages last night and today we ran the club race. I had Ken Brumbly covered but after the race the track was open for practice and I think he has found a very strong setup and will make for some exciting Mini action tomorrow. Arluck walked away with GT2 and looks like the favorite to win it. Side note - He let me drive his car during practice and on lap 4 I put it into the inside board on the straight and the tire fell off for some odd reason as well as I think he had a defective hub carrier and it kinda fell off with the tire too. Sorry James MY BAD DOGG. Well off to sleep I will post tomorrows results after the race when I get home.

MAX - Everyone knows what your running for inserts so no biggy. Plus all the people out there will be on the same rubber so no one can complain.

Mini Guys - I heard through the grapevine that the insert for the mini is going to be double stuffed HPI Blue so all the out of town guys I suggest you mount a few sets and start testing and dial in your setup

Ken Brumbly - Your goin down tomorrow dude.

The asian guy in the wheel chair - Leave my girlfriend at Applebees alone she is all mine.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Jeff,

I also got an email from Lee and might be able to get a few more. In the next few days/weeks, i will update the list. Thanks again.

Erik

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Sent you a bunch of files back to race #1 to erik1. Probably missing a dozen races or so. enjoy!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Right?
I think its a Great idea,

NOW Fred Please limit the # of tires to 2 sets for the event
Old 06-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
For GT-3, figure on about $ 240-250 and that will probably buy you (1) battery that will be useless for most anythng else because most people already own 5000mah bats, (2) black can motors that will probably not get used again and (4) sets of premount tires.
yeah, sounds a bit expensive even for GT-3 since I now have a bunch of B3 and rims that I've been saving which will now be pretty much useless...and since I don't have a Tekin, GT-1/2 will be expensive as well. And unfortunately we can't run GT-4 as a second class, then might as well cancel the FF03 (sorry speed tech)

shoot....I guess no TCS for me this year?...

Steve
Old 06-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Mini TQ Brandon Koslosky
Mini 1st. Brandon Koslosky
2nd. Ken Brumblay
3rd. John Frazier
4th. John Balatico
5th. Troy Crabtree
6th. Timm Copp

B Main Winner Mini Mark Hinckley

GT1 TQ Juan Aveytia (sorry for the spelling)
GT1 1st. Juan Aveytia
2nd. Albert Jimmenez (I hope thats right

GT2 TQ James Arluck GT3 TQ Alan Mok
GT2 1 st. James Arluck GT3 1st. Alan Mok

F1 Class TQ Tony Tam
1st Tony Tam
2nd Bruce Hickman
3rd. Forgot his name
4th. Steve Hickman

This is all off memory and its 1:?? a.m. after a long ride from norcal so if I screwed up the spelling of youre name or put you in the wrong spot sorry but its damn close. Mini is excactly right since I have the print out. Good night have to be up in 3 hrs for work I will rant later regarding the race and thank everyone else tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.