Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-03-2011, 08:18 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I agree with most of what Doc said. To grow the TCS in the U.S. should be the primary goal. Most of us are not going to buy one of Doc's silver cans. We want to race, we have Tamiya cars, we don't want to spend a lot of money, and we don't want to spend our money on a system that won't be used anywhere else. I have four friends, hard to believe I have that many, who are Tamiya fans. When we read the first set up of rules we eliminated the TCS from our plans. When the rules changed our plans are now changing. We all own Tamiya cars and have silver can motors. We can race. I think the more people who get involved, the more people may want to set a goal to shoot for a trip to Japan.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Happy New Years Kevin.

Btw, I did some damage in the street shopping area of HK. I know the guys at Action really well now! Thanks for the help and tour guide assist.

The PA guys are rock solid, they own the house for carpet. I am more than happy to get outdoors! I do have to admit that my EXOTECH 104 and TRG 103 are legit on carpet.

Keep the guys motivated in F1 - enjoyed following the SoCal series. Tell them to get more pics up!
Glad to hear you had fun Christmas Shopping for yourself. I hope Andy gave you the "Amerivcan friend" discount. The guy leading the current rubber tire carpet series and Alex N were running Exotech F104's, Lee was doing a great job hustling around an F104W but is now back to F103 and my All Tamiya F103 are usuallt the top four in our series. Our fearless leader Charles Lightfoot was MIA in Flordia for family vacationb. Last I heard he was cursing under his breath about some stupid mouse and no RC tracks around. I am sure he will get mor pics up when he is back. I am sure you will have fun woith your's in PA and will be giving them a run for their after a few days testing.

Now, if we can just get that Mr. Wang guy to be healthy for a month and off baby duty, we might be able to get him back racing again.....
Old 01-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
We've been running 80 tooth spur gears with 50 thru 54 tooth pinion gears, 64 pitch.
I'd start with the 50 tooth pinion on carpet, traction may make it run hot.
Too hot is 170 plus (from what I've been told).
Thanks Cuda Gonna try it out in the C.T. TCS 01/23
Old 01-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Leester, well said brother!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Glad to hear you had fun Christmas Shopping for yourself. I hope Andy gave you the "Amerivcan friend" discount. The guy leading the current rubber tire carpet series and Alex N were running Exotech F104's, Lee was doing a great job hustling around an F104W but is now back to F103 and my All Tamiya F103 are usuallt the top four in our series. Our fearless leader Charles Lightfoot was MIA in Flordia for family vacationb. Last I heard he was cursing under his breath about some stupid mouse and no RC tracks around. I am sure he will get mor pics up when he is back. I am sure you will have fun woith your's in PA and will be giving them a run for their after a few days testing.

Now, if we can just get that Mr. Wang guy to be healthy for a month and off baby duty, we might be able to get him back racing again.....
Who me? I'm healthy and the baby is now a toddler...and I've been actually off-road racing at least once a week for the past year (4wd sct is a too much fun)...you guys just didn't know but I just might be there for some silver can action on the 16th (weather permits)

Steve
Old 01-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Like I said, Lee, no disrespect intended. You had a dream, you pursued that dream, and your realized your dream. Well done.

And as I've said many times before, my comments have nothing to do with Red Dot or how many silver can motors we sell in the USA. No nerve hit there. Our TCS/USA business is only a fraction of what we sell worldwide (where, oddly enough, they do not have the same opinion of 'tuned motors', but that is perhaps a discussion for another day). Actually, I was kind of disappointed that we didn't go brushless this year.

Regardless, I've tried to assist here by posting tips on how to get your motor to run well while remaining legal, as well as warning that too much of a good thing- so to speak- can push your motor over the top and make it illegal.

Last edited by rccardr; 01-04-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Back to your regularly scheduled programs!

Well, I'm glad we all agree to disagree, good job to everyone for making good points on all scenarios for TCS. Fred, does read the posts and does listen to all we say, regardless of popular opinions.
Now, just wanted to let whoever is concerned spec. tires did work in FF03 , even though they didn't have the soft MM insert.
We ran silver can motors I'm sure they were all not the same but still very close racing none the less. It still came down to setup and driving and who made the least amount of mistakes.
I also wanted to run 21.5 BL but I too have to admit I had lots of fun this weekend.
This spec class isn't perfect but what racing class is?

Ibkevin, the track isn't open until this weekend, sorry.
Just my 2$

Last edited by maxepower; 01-04-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: posting using Iphone sucks!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maxepower
Now, just wanted to let whoever is concerned spec. tires did work in FF03 , even though they didn't have the soft MM insert.
We ran silver can motors I'm sure they were all not the same but still very close racing non the less. It still came down to setup and driving and who made the least amount of mistakes.
I also wanted to run 21.5 BL but I too have to admit I had lots of fun this weekend.
This spec class isn't perfect but what racing class is?

Just my 2$
Ditto.. i HATE these Silver Thingies!!.. but this past weekend was a blast rubbin doors and fenders with the other FF03 racers. the cool weather helped with motor temps a lot too.. should be a fun, exciting and interesting Regionals this month..
Old 01-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OSherman
Ditto.. i HATE these Silver Thingies!!.. but this past weekend was a blast rubbin doors and fenders with the other FF03 racers. the cool weather helped with motor temps a lot too.. should be a fun, exciting and interesting Regionals this month..
Double that. Had so much fun with our 5-6 car FF03 train, I am surprised the cops did not come arrest us for having too much fun. The cars were all pretty equal. The 16th has the potential to be a lot of fun !
Old 01-05-2011, 08:17 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Good Morning everyone!!

I had two quick announcements. One, it's really cold today!!! Two, I will be updating the GT-1 motor rules today. We are going to allow the Speed Passion motor that comes with the combo Cirtix package. We realize many of you own this combo already and it doesn't make sense to allow the speed control and not the motor. The motor for reference is the Speed Passion Ultra Sportman17.5 V2.

Happy New Year and we'll see everyone on the 16th.

FM
Old 01-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FMW
Good Morning everyone!!

I had two quick announcements. One, it's really cold today!!! Two, I will be updating the GT-1 motor rules today. We are going to allow the Speed Passion motor that comes with the combo Cirtix package. We realize many of you own this combo already and it doesn't make sense to allow the speed control and not the motor. The motor for reference is the Speed Passion Ultra Sportman17.5 V2.

Happy New Year and we'll see everyone on the 16th.

FM
Good to know that....cheers.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any chance the timing system will be up for practice this weekend or practice on the 15th?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Cool No practice timing system

Highly unlikely. Most have their own personal timing r you can ask someone to time you.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nothing against you Doc or other motor tuning enthusiasts. (crap I hoped I spelled that right) but it seems as if you can buy a silver can and with a few questions around the pits you can have a motor with a few simple break in methods, which I have done for some of the guys at the track and you can be competitive. No need to buy a Red Dot which like Doc says doesn't bother him. The Silver Can Rules are good and yes I think Brushless will be the motor/ESC combo for next year but its up to Fred. I am willing to trade my silver can on race day with anyone who feels that they are getting beat in the horsepower dept. And I will gurantee that you wont move from the back of the B to the Top three in the A just by running my motor.

Set up car
Take motor put in car
Race and have fun
If you loose come back here and bitch and complain
Its Free to Bitch & Complain
Old 01-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Nothing against you Doc or other motor tuning enthusiasts. (crap I hoped I spelled that right) but it seems as if you can buy a silver can and with a few questions around the pits you can have a motor with a few simple break in methods, which I have done for some of the guys at the track and you can be competitive. No need to buy a Red Dot which like Doc says doesn't bother him. The Silver Can Rules are good and yes I think Brushless will be the motor/ESC combo for next year but its up to Fred. I am willing to trade my silver can on race day with anyone who feels that they are getting beat in the horsepower dept. And I will gurantee that you wont move from the back of the B to the Top three in the A just by running my motor.

Set up car
Take motor put in car
Race and have fun
If you loose come back here and bitch and complain
Its Free to Bitch & Complain
oh and it is Free to race too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.