Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

In search of some linkage to Tamiya World Championship coverage. We want to see how the boys are doing...My money is on John for taking pole, for getting syphalis j/k
Old 11-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Gary and I were talking about this just this evening, and I agree with Jeff (Happy Birthday, by the way!) that since none of the three racers who are going to Japan post on RC Tech it seems less...exciting to me.

Same trip, same race, but no news, no jokes, no poking fun at each other...no nothing. Sure would be nice if one of them, all of them, or SOMEONE FROM TAMIYA took a few moments every couple of days to log on here, check out what's happening, and just respond a little bit.

The fact that nobody seemed to know exactly when the race was or when the US team was heading over there should say something. Which is a shame, given the amount of time, effort, and investment Tamiya makes in promoting this series.

Best RC series in the world in my opinion, but the bottom line is you can't root for a team you don't know.

Later
Doc
Old 11-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
speaking of new parts...
JC - awesome avitar. Those are some great googilies.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Gary and I were talking about this just this evening, and I agree with Jeff (Happy Birthday, by the way!) that since none of the three racers who are going to Japan post on RC Tech it seems less...exciting to me.

Same trip, same race, but no news, no jokes, no poking fun at each other...no nothing. Sure would be nice if one of them, all of them, or SOMEONE FROM TAMIYA took a few moments every couple of days to log on here, check out what's happening, and just respond a little bit.

The fact that nobody seemed to know exactly when the race was or when the US team was heading over there should say something. Which is a shame, given the amount of time, effort, and investment Tamiya makes in promoting this series.

Best RC series in the world in my opinion, but the bottom line is you can't root for a team you don't know.

Later
Doc

last year's team.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...?article-id=63
Old 11-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anybody have any form of linkage? Practice day one is over and it's afterhours in Jland right now. How are they doing? The lack of coverage is HURTING
Old 11-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was trying to think of a comparison of the Japan Worlds coverage. Coverage of the worlds could or should be like going to Indy for the 500 and getting a seat or better yet a garage/pit pass when the event is happening. Depending on interest in what the drivers are doing in Japan, people should have available access of whatever info they are interested in.

Instead it is more like showing up for Indy in June (1 month later). Nobody is around, traces of milk are gone and you feel like that Napa Michael Waltrip commercial... "I'm at the wrong track..."...

As far as apathy goes. Even the extensive 2004 TCS Nats Video coverage disappeared, never to be released. I had my cash in hand, even though I was not on tape, that I know of, ready for payment....

As far as the rules being held hostage, they are. By a small state (of mind) called Mendel. They do exhist in one sense of thought. Japan's rules are really meaningless as far as what USA does. Only the people who goto the Nats are effected by Japan's rules or classes. The state of Mendel knew of the 06 rules and was talking about posting, releasing them by October. It's possible, TCS Canada released their rules in September for 2006. As far as I am concerned they are held hostage.... Not trying to be mean but I could use something to do in this 6 month TCS deadspot other than shoveling snow...

A little birdie told me the Group C class for 2006 does not look like a go. This is an un-confirmed rumor from a good source. I think it was only meant to be a re-release item. You know another pretty RC model display piece.

http://www.rct.ne.jp/ ("タミヤ世界戦2005 NEW" - aka "Worldwide Game 2005")
Seems to be the link but forbidden currently. You can get into the past years. Could be a "live" update?

http://www.rcracingworld.net/LING-TCS2004.html
Ling Kang Tong's trip article, good reading!

TCS 2006 USA Rules Held Hostage, DAY:49
Old 11-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

First of all, its Medel no n.
Secondly Japan has quite a bit of say on classes and rules, after all they make the product and they decide what they want to promote. If they wanted to push Group C cars there would be a class. Remember no matter how cool TA is they are still a distribution center for the parent company, and they march to the orders that Japan hands down. I dont want to belittle TA because they are friends and have always treated me right, but they do not call all of their own shots.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rtypec
Does anybody have any form of linkage? Practice day one is over and it's afterhours in Jland right now. How are they doing? The lack of coverage is HURTING
Yes they have been quite hush hush about it. I haven't heard much about the racing so far. I hope they are doing very well.

-Lee
Old 11-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
As far as apathy goes. Even the extensive 2004 TCS Nats Video coverage disappeared, never to be released. I had my cash in hand, even though I was not on tape, that I know of, ready for payment....
Ouch!!! Haha... last I heard is that it's a 10 year on-going project for a TCS retiree...

But really, everybody's invited to visit my place... I got tons of raw footage... about 5 hrs of last year's nats and a whopping 6 hrs of the 2004 Worlds. They're fun to watch even in their raw format. Sorry, I'm just so darn lazy to compile 'em... But one of these days... I SWEAR!!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Lee, isn't it evident to you yet why there's on-one talking about this year's worlds or the team?
Old 11-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Oh, and Ian, weren't you going to send me the file for the first GT2 A-Main?
Old 11-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

I'll convert it tonight to AVI and send it to you... just you... only you... (are you sure you still want it? )
Old 11-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

any results yet?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Kevin those are for you
Old 11-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Lee, isn't it evident to you yet why there's on-one talking about this year's worlds or the team?
Why? Just curious and willing to know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.