Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

did anyone VIDEO TAPE GT1 A-main #1???? we need to see that finish!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I just got back to work after driving most of the night back to Norcal. Trying to catch up on everything I missed here, but I can't concentrate on just how awesome Nationals were. The race management was great, everything ran on schedule, and having Jimmy and David referee the A's kept everyone honest. Spec motors and batteries definately leveled the playing field, and brought motor management into the picture. Any of the top guys could pop out a TQ run if they wanted to use a new motor. I still can't believe Tony Tam passed me on the OUTSIDE on the sweeper in A1.

This was my first full season running TCS, and my first nationals. This is some of the closest and hardest racing i've ever done. I'm amazed at the level of competition that's out there. Keith is a racing machine. I can't believe he could have me that close to his bumper for so long and not make a mistake. That guy has nerves of steel and will do awesome in Japan.

Thanks to all those who helped me out this weekend, John, Juan, Ling, Albert, Victor, and anyone else i'm forgetting. I'll definately be back next year.

-James Arluck
1st loser, GT2
Old 08-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Talladege Night's right there for sure
that was a good one. I want to see it again myself
Old 08-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Who won past chimps?
Did they run F1 or is it truely dead?
Another A main appearance for Katzer?
Were the TTG cars as cool as they look?
Yeah Doc how did you do, you know ya gotta win it one of these years
Old 08-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Thanks to Fred and the gang at Tamiya for the great time. This was my 1st TCS race, you can bet it won't be my last.
An awesome group of racer's i enjoyed meeting all of you. It was nice to put faces with the names.
I had a great time driving but, even a better time calling the event.
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU GUY"S FOR A GREAT WEEKEND.

P.S. Fredism from the quail rounds of past chump's
"there going down and going at it"

It sure was fun to say" Troy your going to Japan"
Old 08-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

A big thanks to Tamiya for hosting another fun weekend in my backyard. Additional thanks to Tony Tan for letting me run his mod TTG.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Would like to offer congrats to all the winners and also to Rod Canare keeping Martin's seat warm while he was away. Awesome driving Rod and thanks for starting in the back a couple of times giving the rest of us a chance to win.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:17 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The Nats were awesome as usual this year. I am already looking forward to next season.

F1 is dead forever as only 4 people registered for it and they cancelled that do to low turnout.

Past champ was some of the cleanest racing I have seen at the TCS.

I loved the battery and motor rules. I would like to even add tire rules next season to add to that excitement and cost control. Fred did a great job with the rules.

There were some nice moves in Mini with the M04 running away with the last heat. Too bad if it wasn't for bad luck Devin would have had no luck. He was having a bad day and towards the end it looked like it was getting to him and other guys.

Great day, great racing, and great deals in the outlet store!!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Great race weekend.....

Well run Fred Medel and Tom Kahl...much better than the Regionals...I think we should adopt the same format for the regionals. The times were spot on...

Too bad I had no luck or love at the start of the A mains in GT2. The top two got away clean each time, but 3-6 all piled up with me each time...Booooo ! No ref penalties for hacking.. I hope the third A main was cleaner...I did not even run it...
Old 08-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
That was definately one of my favorite races that I've been in. Definately a really cool finish. Congrats to all the winners and good luck in Japan. Since keith is from Canada, is he representing the USA or Canada?
Old 08-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Juan,

Great racing...that first A main was one the of craziest finishes I have ever seen...You and Mark tumbling down the final straight ...Wow...

Last edited by lbckevin; 08-21-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Great racing, hanging with and watching some of the classiest people in RC. Everyone was a good sport all around and made this years event one to remember.
Congrats again to the 3 winners. North America will be in great hands with what looks like a crew of some good guys. I think props should be handed out also to the runner ups. James was definitely fast and could have got rough with the winner to make a pass but he kept it clean throughout.
And Juan- what can I say but NEVER win the TCS WARM UPS if you want to win the National Title the same year. Rod didn't, Cory didn't, I didn't and of coarse Dawson didn't Great job anyway Juan.

Go Mark go Keith go Troy! It's your berfday!
Old 08-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Here comes the controversy, the whole "why does canada get to race our nationals debate.
I really wanted to race this year, but too much going on and serious shortage of cash.
Congrats to the winners, sounds like some good racing.
I like the sound of the GT2 rules and the tire rule would definitely make it easier to stomach.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Good point....I think we should have someone from the US represent Tamiya USA and not from Canada...Canada should send their own representative to Japan...
Technically the race was the "TCS North America Finals" not the "TCS United States Finals" but if someone wants to send me to Japan I certainly won't say no.

-James
Old 08-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There is no controversy since the race is the "TCS North American Finals" and not Nationals. Last I checke Canada was still part of North America.

Last edited by f1larry; 01-04-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.