Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree826Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hey Tom, when I ran F201 in Cinci they told me they would be "loose" on the rules because F1 wasn't going to Japan this year. That might be a clue.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GroffBall
Cowboy, don't take my post as saying junior needed to run my setup. My setup was close to what junior ran, but only because my car was very close to being dialed.

Junior... Don't go insulting my car and my setup skills when I loaned it to you, dropped it off and picked it back up, you made three changes all of them due to the fact you switched out the diff for a spool IMO. Otherwise the car was as I gave it to you, except for shimming the arms which I never got around to b/c honestly with as much flex as is in the stock chassis it didn't make a damn bit of difference.

I wasnt insulting your setup skills your car was very close when I got it but I changed alot more then just three things in the car. There was alot of stuff I would have liked to have tried. I thanked you letting me borrow the car cause with it I wouldnt have gotten to run at all. Sorry if I pissed you off because I was in no way, shape or form insulting your setup skills I have seen your 415 run many times and it is very fast. Sorry again
Old 03-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Junior
I wasnt insulting your setup skills your car was very close when I got it but I changed alot more then just three things in the car. There was alot of stuff I would have liked to have tried. I thanked you letting me borrow the car cause with it I wouldnt have gotten to run at all. Sorry if I pissed you off because I was in no way, shape or form insulting your setup skills I have seen your 415 run many times and it is very fast. Sorry again

Not pissed, and I understand you were defending yourself to someone else, but I don't want anybody thinking I gave you crap to run. Or I don't know how to set up a car. The biggest differnce from me to you in that car is hands down your driving ability. I can't touch that I know that, but I can still get a car pretty dialed.

Although my first month at the "C" had me scratching my head since I've never ran on asphalt like that before.... Anybody that has never been there should go and if they are going back to spraying the track again watch out!
Old 03-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GroffBall
Not pissed, and I understand you were defending yourself to someone else, but I don't want anybody thinking I gave you crap to run. Or I don't know how to set up a car. The biggest differnce from me to you in that car is hands down your driving ability. I can't touch that I know that, but I can still get a car pretty dialed.

Although my first month at the "C" had me scratching my head since I've never ran on asphalt like that before.... Anybody that has never been there should go and if they are going back to spraying the track again watch out!
I have never seen any of your cars be crap, anyone who walks by your pit can definately tell your cars are kept in prime condition all the time. And Yes the first few weeks last year I ran at the C gave me some problems t, its not an easy track to get a good setup for.

Henry J Im glad your son enjoyed the kit. His car was very fast in GT2 but just had some horrible luck qualifing and I felt bad for him. Everytime I see him he improves greatly. Pretty soon hes gona be the one winning the kits. Ill see you guys at the Wood sometime this summer for sure. Let me know when you plan on having a big race cause I will be there.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HENRYJ
Hey Junior, Thanks again for the the car kit you gave my son Joseph. He built the kit himself, first time, with a little of my help. He also painted the body, shocked me, but he did a pretty good job! Tell your Dad thanks also!
HobbyTown Frederick, great job on your first TCS race, also your customer support in the store was great also. Looking forward to next year!
Willie, K C, Roland and Rodney, great pitting with you guys, it was a blast. I left out a few because I dont know your names, Thanks to the guy with the 15 amp fuse, got my T-35 going,LOL.
Just had a total blast at this race, learned alot, and Joseph, myself and the Carolina crew will see yall at Laurel!

See ya..................Henry
That was me, the fuse guy... And dam glad you had a good time and hope to see you all again inJuly in Laurel...
Old 03-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Todd Marshall: F1 winner

I gotta give big ups to Todd. I really happy to see your name in top billing when I logged in this afternoon. Mad props to Carlton for his strong finish also. Both of these guys put a lot into the F1 class over the years. It's great to see these excellent results.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
wow! really enjoying all the TCS drama...let's hope you guy's can make it out west for the TCS Nationals
im never calling you again madjack. now you got me thinking about a 1/8th buggy!

anyone else rolling to seattle?
Old 03-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
im never calling you again madjack. now you got me thinking about a 1/8th buggy!

anyone else rolling to seattle?
PM
Old 03-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
PM
PM back

hey madjack.. join me up in seattle... and ill join you in 8th scale buggy
Old 03-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
PM back

hey madjack.. join me up in seattle... and ill join you in 8th scale buggy
PM back

Dance card is full that weekend...running the Tamiya/Con 3 hour Enduro the following weekend
Old 03-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default TCS

"Right. Checked panties--no bunches."

The Doc is in the house!
Look forward to seeing you at SIR in April.
Fred

[/QUOTE]
Old 03-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default TCS @ SIR

Anybody have any advice on what tire/insert combo that would be competitive GT2 for the upcoming TCS race there on 4/2/06.
Bruce and I are loading the 18 wheeler transport and need to know what to buy ????

Looking forward to race with you guys there in the Northwest.

P. S. a famous 1/12th scale racer will be coming to SIR from SoCal for the Race his initials are SVH ?????????

There will be and autograph line forming in the pits that weekend !!!!!!

Steve.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Initiate

hickmeister you don't say SVH will be in the house i thought his wife made him quit in the 90s last i heared from him he was to busy cleaning pools
Old 03-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

We now return to "As the Type A Turns"
Man I go away for a week and all hell breaks loose.
For me TCS is getting a little hectic. If you were at Trackside for the GT1 triple A's, it damn near could have been a ROAR or NORRCA A main. The speed and the driving talent was incredible. Call me a chicken, but I saw it coming and ran GT3 with my new TA05 bringing home a third. The talent is down in the lower divisions too, but the cars are not as fast. As RC Gary K stated before, GT3 is almost as hard as GT1 because you cant power out of a mistake, momentum is king in that class. As much as I like winning, it feels good to just be racing , hanging out with other Tamiya addicts and having fun. Of course it doesn't hurt when your up near the front either.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Layout is in for TCS so it can groove in. Comments have ranged from this is the best layout on the track so far to Dan you f#$%@ing prick.....

Bring your car that turns and keep a lookout for a clean line.

A's were popular with a green insert. B3's were good with a Yok super thin so you have good airgap.

Friday will be a club race that starts at 7.
Saturday doors open @ 8 open track we will setup controlled practice if it becomes mayhem. (it will) 15min windows.
Sunday doors open @ 8 first quals at 10 mains to follow.

We will try to run the show as fast and tight as we can it would help for all to get your changes to us by Saturday if at all possible so we can fix the minor day of changes as we go.

Good luck and can;t wait for all the racing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.