Search
Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OSherman
Here's a crazy idea...

Any sedan, any motor(13.5, 17.5, 21.5)... TAMIYA RallyBody, TAMIYA Vinyl Tires. TarmacRally
I was watching Spec A2 and the cars traction rolling was interesting. I any sort of rally cars should be run rallycross style.

Global Rallycross is run mostly on pavement, only occasionally on prepared dirt, usually just the X-Games. In Europe its run mostly on circuits where its partly pavement and dirt.

Since we really don't have that option, I propose a series where we run some 1/10 scale off road tracks and on road tracks with jumps.

It should be separate series from TCS expect for one or two events that are with the TCS.

Beginner/intermediate TT-02 class -

Kit Motor, Bearings, Oil Shocks, Kit ESC, Handout Lipo. Non TCS events could use a sponsors tires which frankly I think a massive improvement over the Tamiya rally block.

Two classes for the XV-01/DF-03 -

Intermediate 17.5T TCS Legal Brushless. Box Stock, Slipper Clutch

Expert 13.5 TCS Legal Brushless, same as GT1 rules

Any body that has been used in WRC, 190mm to encourage a connection between the models and 1:1 counterpart.

I would love such a class it would open things up rather than be restrictive.

One thing has that prevented me from returning to R/C is that I would never run my TCS race car out in the street. I don't want it damaged or tweaked from its settings.

A TT-02 built to GT Spec Specifications could also be used for rallies by flipping the knuckles and using the longer shock ends to get some more ride height for 1/10 scale off-road tracks.

I wouldn't mind my TT-02 be in rally mode for bashing around while I can always return it back to its low right height and shock settings for pavement.

I also wouldn't have to use my kit tires which don't last long anyway on dirty pavement, I can throw on a set of Pirelli style rally rubber which offers excellent traction on most surfaces.

This would also give XV-01 owners something to do with their cars.

Let's do it!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

As long as we're on the topic of rally racing, here's a blast from the past.

http://youtu.be/fVkgXTS0CO8

I really miss the TCS races hosted by Trackside. They were the only track that I know of that had offroad classes in their lineup.

It's been a few years since I've been to the HobbyPlex. Don't they have an indoor dirt track. I'd make the trip from Ohio for some dirt rally action.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wyvern95

I really miss the TCS races hosted by Trackside. They were the only track that I know of that had offroad classes in their lineup.

It's been a few years since I've been to the HobbyPlex. Don't they have an indoor dirt track. I'd make the trip from Ohio for some dirt rally action.
Rally on the dirt at the Trackside TCS was some of the most fun I ever had. My favorite was the over under track. I think it was 2009 for that track.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

We have new layout for TCS on May 18th and TQ Summer Series on April 27th.

Again, we will have Mini 2WD class, Tamiya M03/05/06 chassis Only sponsored by Tamiya.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/race/race_...asp?race_no=27

Bring your Tamiya cars, be ready for TCS on May

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Looking forward to the TCS Regional at TQ Raceway. Great local track where it is always fun to race. In addition to F1 Rubber class, we have at least 5-6 people committed to run the F1 Foam tire class too. I am going to be busy helping people set up there 200mm cars now.

Panda
Old 04-10-2014, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wyvern95

Interesting, some of those cars couldn't clear the first set of doubles, I guess gearing would help there since on the second set you can build up some speed and clear them no problem.

A few guys had the gearing right so they could clear the first one and avoid the woops too.

Like I said I would love to see a class like this, most cities/towns with an R/C scene have an off-road track.

Guess we could do tarmac and dirt events too.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone know when the RCMadness TCS Registration is going to open up?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default TCS at Madness

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Anyone know when the RCMadness TCS Registration is going to open up?
Should be soon.

Race is on Saturday due to Mother's Day, also we are running the 12th Scale GT class, so get those RM-01s ready!
Old 04-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Ok now Im confused
Orginally the TCS at RCMadness in Conn. was dated to run on May 10th, I just checked the site and now it shows as April 27th
What date is it going to be run?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TCS at Madness

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Ok now Im confused
Orginally the TCS at RCMadness in Conn. was dated to run on May 10th, I just checked the site and now it shows as April 27th
What date is it going to be run?
The race is in the 10th, the Tamiya site has the right date now, just checked it.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GREGK
The race is in the 10th, the Tamiya site has the right date now, just checked it.
Okay Greg Thanks!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:39 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Hello TCS racers!

I am releasing info about some new stuff on this thread since the racers that support TCS are so gun ho about new stuff.

Here's a list of what to expect in the coming months.

1. NEW M-05 VERSION 2 (NEW one-piece arms, motor moved, droop screws, square pack compatible, lighter weight, lower roll center)
2. NEW TB EVO 6 (based on TB-04 drive train)
3. NEW TRF101 W (front end is wider only)(New carbon lower arms and general tweaks)
4. TB-04 spool
5. NEW TB-04 base kit: ENEOS SUSTINA RC F (Google it for images of the real car.
6. NEW TB-04 Pro 2 (just has TRF418 suspension included)
7. A load of new TB-04 carbon parts
8. one piece axles for all F1 car variants

More to come....
Old 04-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW

6. NEW TB-04 Pro 2 (just has TRF418 suspension included)
Fred,

What is the difference between the 418 parts and the TB04 parts?
I don't own a 418 yet keep hearing those parts are the ticket for the pro 2.
The bearing size seems the same, the uprights seem to change from 6 deg to 4 deg, are the arms shorter, stiffer?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2014, 08:24 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

The TRF 418 uses new arms that provide more grip according to our designers. I think this trait is most noticeable in mod. I'll have to post pics of the two arms side by side, then it will make more sense.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Questions??

I'm thinking about making the trip to RC Madness on May 10th. Can anyone tell me about the track? Will this be a carpet or asphalt race? What is the pit area like? If outside, will I need to bring my own generator or is power provided?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.