Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-27-2014, 07:02 AM
  #18691  
MD
Tech Champion
iTrader: (136)
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,723
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

it's been a while since a I raced in the TCS. I am considering attending the race at Harbor Hobbies. I was wondering why they would choose to run a race in Omaha in the middle of February?
MD is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 08:04 AM
  #18692  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,838
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

What else are you going to do in Omaha in February other than race carpet?
CraigMBA is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 10:20 AM
  #18693  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
MrLesac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,759
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

It's an awesome facility indoors with heat. And knowing NE it could be freezing or 50 degrees outside haha.
MrLesac is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 10:42 AM
  #18694  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
kwkride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,171
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MrLesac
It's an awesome facility indoors with heat. And knowing NE it could be freezing or 50 degrees outside haha.
That's true!



And actually, It's not like they know what a real winter is like here.
kwkride is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 01:10 PM
  #18695  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (53)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Very nice track Jim. I can't wait to try the new carpet.
v_squared is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 02:03 PM
  #18696  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
g12314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 1,294
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MD
it's been a while since a I raced in the TCS. I am considering attending the race at Harbor Hobbies. I was wondering why they would choose to run a race in Omaha in the middle of February?
The real question is why Valentines Day weekend. For us out of town'ers, it shall define the real men of RC (of which I am NOT... After 21 years, I know better).
g12314 is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 02:13 PM
  #18697  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,838
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by g12314
The real question is why Valentines Day weekend. For us out of town'ers, it shall define the real men of RC (of which I am NOT... After 21 years, I know better).
Valentines Day is a misnomer, it's real name is "Hostage Night' - for that cheap SOB old man who never, ever otherwise takes the ball and chain out anywhere for any other reason. The experience is ruined by the "Hostages" Restaurants are overworked and overbooked. Food is meh, service is spotty. Work out a deal to take your wife out TWICE and not on that particular day. Take her out once early (and bring her flowers) as a down payment to show you are serious. It will cost you less for 2x nights out than one on Hostage Night (prices are totally jacked up to gouge the Hostages).

Last time me and the Mrs. went out on Hostage Night, I think we went bowling and to a movie, which was fun because there was nobody else there and we had the place to ourselves.
CraigMBA is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 02:26 PM
  #18698  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (53)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Spot on Craig. If only I know my rc cars like you know your valentine, I could be a bit faster.

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Valentines Day is a misnomer, it's real name is "Hostage Night' - for that cheap SOB old man who never, ever otherwise takes the ball and chain out anywhere for any other reason. The experience is ruined by the "Hostages" Restaurants are overworked and overbooked. Food is meh, service is spotty. Work out a deal to take your wife out TWICE and not on that particular day. Take her out once early (and bring her flowers) as a down payment to show you are serious. It will cost you less for 2x nights out than one on Hostage Night (prices are totally jacked up to gouge the Hostages).

Last time me and the Mrs. went out on Hostage Night, I think we went bowling and to a movie, which was fun because there was nobody else there and we had the place to ourselves.
v_squared is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 04:05 PM
  #18699  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (110)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,299
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

That's why you take them out the 12th or 13th. No wait..no people and the Mrs is still happy...then they get to relax in a hotel or shop for the weekend..never heard a complaint yet!

And if you spoil them all the other times it really shouldn't be a problem!!

Anyone that's within driving distance that doesn't make this race is missing out...top notch facility!!!
Core Creations is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 04:27 AM
  #18700  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Is there any interest in the FF03 class here in California?
I got a used one and eager to run it at TA
tobyzhang is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 11:14 PM
  #18701  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,838
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

That makes two of us!

No love for TQ?
CraigMBA is offline  
Old 02-02-2014, 12:21 PM
  #18702  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (72)
 
Rich Panganiban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Tamiya noobie here. I think my last Tamiya car was the OG Clodbuster :-)

Anyways, I was thinking about getting my son involved in the TCS series this year. He'll be running the novice/spec class. I read the rules and I know you can run only the TT-01 or TT-02 chassis. I'm sure they are similar but any recommendations of one over the other?

Thanks!
Rich Panganiban is offline  
Old 02-02-2014, 07:20 PM
  #18703  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
KA2AEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tottenville, NYC
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rich Panganiban
Tamiya noobie here. I think my last Tamiya car was the OG Clodbuster :-)

Anyways, I was thinking about getting my son involved in the TCS series this year. He'll be running the novice/spec class. I read the rules and I know you can run only the TT-01 or TT-02 chassis. I'm sure they are similar but any recommendations of one over the other?

Thanks!
We run the 01 chassis as do most of the drivers we ran into last season, We haven't seen an 02 yet after the first one at MRH
KA2AEV is offline  
Old 02-05-2014, 04:49 AM
  #18704  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
That makes two of us!

No love for TQ?
TQ too
tobyzhang is offline  
Old 02-07-2014, 01:17 PM
  #18705  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (33)
 
irockflipflops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Man-o-man, that Tamiya Worlds review is killing me with the suspense
irockflipflops is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.